Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #21
rhc564
Veteran

bottom line, folks, Capers is the head coach and what you see is what
you're going to get-- sit back and enjoy the games because having a team
in Houston is our victory-- want to win games? As I said before, Capers
is the head coach, 'nough said!
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #22
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
He didnt get the 300 yards by torching the defense. He got it by dumping it off. Dave Ragone could have gotten 300 yards today if you told him to dump it off to Davis...
Here's a disturbing stat from today's game...

Receptions by DD=11

Receptions by all of our WR's combined=11
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #23
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110

Receptions by DD=11

And I would say that half of those WR catches came at the end when the Lions went into prevent...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #24
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
well, i'm not pissed, because I know that the Chargers and Lions could have been beating the Los Angeles Californians these past 2 weeks instead of the Houston Texans. Be greatful for what you have.

and you cant find anything good about today?

How about David Carr's 300 yards and 2 touchdowns?
Everybody here is very grateful we have a team in Houston. You are making points that don't have anything to do with year 3 of the Texans. If we wind up with a worse record than the 2 previous years are you going to pat all the Texans coaches on the back and say great season. You probably would. You only see things one way. You can't evaluate anything very well if you refuse to view something from more than one angle.

I know 2 games doesn't define our whole season. Most of us are just worried about going 0-2 with a real tough 4 games coming up. It is quite possible to go 0-6 or even worse. Everyone on this bb is a fan so don't make comments that you think will make yourself look like a real fan and the rest of us like a bunch of fair weather fans. We are here for the long haul.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #25
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I question how passionate a fan you are 88 when your team blows 2 very winnable games in a row and you are fine and dandy about it. I am still pissed an hour and half after the game has ended.

The Lions were almost handing this game to us on a silver platter the first half and we didn't do a damn thing to attack and take the bull by the horns like stretching the field and throwing the ball downfield to our playmakers.

It is almost that Capers would rather us keep the score close and lose rather than take the risks to be a winner in this league.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on guys! Let's give credit when credit is due. Both the Chargers and the Lions played very well. We didn't give them squat IMO! We had turnovers, they took advantage of them. That's a sign of a team that's paying attention. For some reason our Texans are just not "clicking!" There's a missing link somewhere. Could be that both teams we played were about 5 steps ahead of us and about as prepared to kick our butts as the sun coming up in the morning. We are way to predictable!! JMHO!

We will start clicking soon, I just know it! Keep the faith! The season has just begun and they have learned some hard lessons. Carr is a leader, and he will get this team going.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #27
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted by: Texansfan88 Posted on: Today at 3:23pm on texanstalk.com
i hope you guys arent fans anymore, i for one dont want you guys to have anything to do with the texans

You are a real piece of work. You have a lot to learn about being a real fan.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #28
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you guys will be over it by tuesday...but what is complaining going to do? honestly, can you tell me what that is gonna solve?

It doesn't solve anything, but the last time I checked this was a message board. Aren't we supposed to be posting what we are thinking as fans. . . The good and the bad? Or are we only suppossed to come here and say how pretty thier uniforms are and how we like it when they wear blue instead of white.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #29
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
It doesn't solve anything, but the last time I checked this was a message board. Aren't we supposed to be posting what we are thinking as fans. . . The good and the bad? Or are we only suppossed to come here and say how pretty thier uniforms are and how we like it when they wear blue instead of white.

Exactly, we are just responding to the game. When the Texans win, the responses will be positive and when they lose the responses will be negatvive.
Old 09-19-2004   #30
texansfan88
All Pro

guys, if you want me to apologize, i'm not going to. You can question my passion for the texans, okay. Like its going to matter? of course i'm mad, but you guys think that these 2 games should have been gimme games and nothing in the nfl is like that. how come KC isnt crying and balling their eyes out right now? are they not passionate fans? cmon now.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #31
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
but if ur not a little pissed for losing to the ...lions, teams we SHOULD be beating then ur in denial.
Sorry, but the Lions are not a team you SHOULD beat. They are a team you COULD beat, but that was not the way the ball bounced today.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #32
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes when they draft a QB #1 overall, a WR #3 overall, and a WR with the 1st pick of round 2, we are going to expect to see the ball flying all over the place.

I was thinking that very same thing during the game. What the heck is the point of having the number one draft pick who is making millions of dollars, if all he is going to do is hand the ball off. We could get just about anybody to stand back there and hand it off.

Also, as much as they are using DD right now, where in the he ll would we be if we didn't have him? We look so one dementional right now.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #33
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

No you guys, 88 is right. We should be grateful we're 0-2. Hell, we should be grateful if we go 0-16, since, you know, football is back in Houston. Yep, I'm focusing on the positives you guys. Davis did get 11 catches, guys. We did score 16 points!!! YAY! We didn't get shutout!!! Points, you guys! Points!

What a crock.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #34
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Quote:
guys, if you want me to apologize, i'm not going to. You can question my passion for the texans, okay. Like its going to matter? of course i'm mad, but you guys think that these 2 games should have been gimme games and nothing in the nfl is like that. how come KC isnt crying and balling their eyes out right now? are they not passionate fans? cmon now.
I don't think anyone wants an apology, just don't get on a public message board and try to tell people what and what not to say.
Old 09-19-2004   #35
Jwwillis
All Pro

Bottom line is anybody who says the Texans didnt look like the keystone cops out there with there comady of errors is in denial. My only thing is I prefer to blame players over coaches.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #36
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I was thinking that very same thing during the game. What the heck is the point of having the number one draft pick who is making millions of dollars, if all he is going to do is hand the ball off. We could get just about anybody to stand back there and hand it off.

Also, as much as they are using DD right now, where in the he ll would we be if we didn't have him? We look so one dementional right now.

At least you #2 pick overall WR isn't hurt for the season, again
Old 09-19-2004   #37
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Bottom line is anybody who says the Texans didnt look like the keystone cops out there with there comady of errors is in denial. My only thing is I prefer to blame players over coaches.
I agree, however I tend to split the blame between the 2. The players definately did not look disciplined today.
Old 09-19-2004   #38
texansfan88
All Pro

HLF is right, the Lions are a dangerous team ever since April 26, 2004

incredible offseason
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #39
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Come on guys! Let's give credit when credit is due. Both the Chargers and the Lions played very well.
Thank You SheTexan, you are truly a good sport
Old 09-19-2004   #40
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Receptions by DD=11

I think what's more disturbing is the number of sacks we gave up. Our pass protection was terrible, and if Carr wasn't a mobile QB we no doubt would have given up a few more sacks. As far as dumping it off to DD, I'm all for it when it's necessary. Let's get those easy yards and keep Carr from getting killed. I think our O-line has to improve if we are ever going to consistently go deep.
Eventually, DD shouldn't catch that many balls, but for this season it could be the norm.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read