Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Radio-Kubiak?

Dumb as I am, I keep forgetting what time Kubiak goes on the radio on mondays (610). What time, H-town time, does he go on?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2006   #2
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Dumb as I am, I keep forgetting what time Kubiak goes on the radio on mondays (610). What time, H-town time, does he go on?

Thanks in advance!
5 pm sports radio 610

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone please post a synopsis of what Kubiak said/or says on 610? I haven't seen any post-game comments from him or anything and I wanted to hear what he said...thanks.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan
5 pm sports radio 610
U the man, thanks
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

They have streaming capability at their website.

Go to http://sportsradio610.listenernetwork.com/ and become a member and listen for yourself.

It actually comes in clearer than on the radio.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

I'm always streaming it, I'm in Denmark so chances of picking up 610am from here is, low
Old 09-11-2006   #7
TexansMVP
Probowler

Just a reminder, but Kubiak is on the radio.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone tell us what Kubiak said?
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
Can anyone tell us what Kubiak said?
What he said Please. o.k. o.k. Pretty please.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I only wanted to hear his comments on the possibility of Mario Williams playing at DE full time.

He said that they're looking into it. I tuned out after that since it was dinnertime.

In all, I thought it was a pretty dry show. I don't really think that he has a career in broadcasting when he retires from coaching.

Not a big deal...I heard that he wasn't good with that kinda stuff back when he got interviewed. I'd rather have a coach than a salesman.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #11
frankhad
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
In all, I thought it was a pretty dry show. I don't really think that he has a career in broadcasting when he retires from coaching.

Not a big deal...I heard that he wasn't good with that kinda stuff back when he got interviewed. I'd rather have a coach than a salesman.
I'd agree Gary Kubiak won't have a career in broadcasting, but he's head and shoulders over that other guy (what was his name?) who used to answer to the public after a Texans' game. Dom Capers never answered a question in some specific way but always responded in some broad generality that just left you wondering what he just said and what it really meant. I never felt I'd learned anything or gotten a different insight after Dom Capers answered a question.

In contrast, I really look forward to reading Gary Kubiak's remarks as soon as they're posted here. He tends to tell you what's on his mind in far more specific ways. BTW, this week's press conference did address the Mario Williams issue on where to play him.
frankhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #12
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default works for me??

Has anyone read the interview? I have and am disappointed. Why? Kubiak admits there is a lot that is wrong but doesn't express much confidence in the 'fixing it' dept. "We've got to get better. We'll have to see..."

He admits we put zero pressure on McNabb. but he doesn't want to blitz. He believes the DL can provide the pressure. He knows the secondary is suffering 'big' time because of this and that can not continue. Is this Dom capers talking? He knows what we did yesterday did not work with our pass rush but he' not going to change anything--we just need to do a better job to make what did not work yesterday work! Likewise, his thoughts on the OL were the same--no changes, just have to get better with time.

We didn't play with these same schemes in pre-season when we gave up few sacks and put pressure on the opposing QB--and Kubiak admits this--so I'm a liitle confused...

Too, IMO, what they are doing with Mario is not working. As others have posted, we need to put Mario in one place and leave him there to get comfortable. He's not effective now and Kubiak is 'opening the door' for the kid to get frustrated and suffer serious 'mind' game problems.

So, the bottom line is that 'everything' stays the same and the team just needs to get better at what they're being asked to do--right? Wow. Ok. I'll just sit back--take a deep breath==and watch us do nothing and get better.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
He admits we put zero pressure on McNabb. but he doesn't want to blitz. He believes the DL can provide the pressure. He knows the secondary is suffering 'big' time because of this and that can not continue. Is this Dom capers talking? He knows what we did yesterday did not work with our pass rush but he' not going to change anything--we just need to do a better job to make what did not work yesterday work! Likewise, his thoughts on the OL were the same--no changes, just have to get better with time.
Link

“I think it has to be,” Kubiak said. “Did we do that yesterday? No, but just like every other part the football team, they need to find a way to get better. I thought we did some things to make him (Eagles’ quarterback Donovan McNabb) be quick and that’s another way to apply pressure without getting sacks. But it was obvious in the second half, he (McNabb) had way too long to throw the football and we talked about that today as a football team. We need to find a way to get some pressure because we can’t expect our back end to hold up as long as we asked them to yesterday.”
----------------------

I think this is the quote you are talking about. I don't take it to mean that he doesn't want to blitz. I think that he's talking about pressuring the QB when the blitz isn't working.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
tsip
Hall of Fame

Default ...try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Link

“I think it has to be,” Kubiak said. “Did we do that yesterday? No, but just like every other part the football team, they need to find a way to get better. I thought we did some things to make him (Eagles’ quarterback Donovan McNabb) be quick and that’s another way to apply pressure without getting sacks. But it was obvious in the second half, he (McNabb) had way too long to throw the football and we talked about that today as a football team. We need to find a way to get some pressure because we can’t expect our back end to hold up as long as we asked them to yesterday.”
----------------------

I think this is the quote you are talking about. I don't take it to mean that he doesn't want to blitz. I think that he's talking about pressuring the QB when the blitz isn't working.
"Kubiak still has hope that Houston will not have to blitz to apply pressure on opposing quarterbacks and was once again candid when asked whether or not he thought his defensive line could apply pressure in the pocket without blitzing."

“I think it has to be,” Kubiak said. “Did we do that yesterday? No, but just like every other part the football team, they need to find a way to get better. "

You got the 2nd part of the interview but not the first, where he's talking about applying pressure in the pocket without blitzing. Too, he says 'they have to find a way to get better' instead of 'we.'

I don't understand his thinking here with not wanting to blitz, especially in situations like yesterday when we're getting beat because the QB has all day to pass. This implies he thinks 6 or 7 people in pass coverage will stop the other team from 'passing' down the field which--in his own words--did not work yesterday....sorry, why did we blitz so much in pre-season?...and had success doing it!!:brickwall :brickwall

Last edited by tsip; 09-11-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
wrestler4life
Veteran

If they keep moving him around (Williams), then we could be ruining another number 1 pick (Carr).
Old 09-11-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what bothers me:

"As we went into halftime, you could have never convinced me that we were going to come out in the second half and get as dominated as we did because let’s face it, we did."

Know why it bothers me? Because I was about 80% sure that they WOULD come out in the second half and get dominated on both sides of the line. I was not impressed with the line play in the first half either. I saw them getting beat and Carr, Moulds, and AJ managing to get by without a running game or descent protection. I knew that the linemen on both sides would probably wear out and look worse and worse as the game went on. I think Kubiak should've been expecting it.

I think a little blitzing would be a good idea. Ya know, just for laughs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #17
tsip
Hall of Fame

Default ...and another thing

I must have misunderstood how TE's were going to be used in Kubiak's system, as I thought they were going to be used as receivers and not just blockers. Mark is not starting because he can block but not catch, and the opposite holds true for why Jeb is not starting (catcher/not blocker). Owen is starting because he can do both, fulfilling a dream most posters have had...

Daniels caught 0 passes Sunday and some posters questioned 'what happened to our TE?' Well, not to worry...according to our HC, only Ryans 'reaped' more praised for his play on the field than Daniels. For what? HIS BLOCKING.

What's that saying? I know you think you understand what I said, but I don't think you realize that what I said was not what I meant.............geeeezzzz

It's strange but I'm starting to realize why Capers never gave us any meaningful/significant/important information---if he never said anything, he'd never have to 'account' for it....
Old 09-12-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
I know you think you understand what I said, but I don't think you realize that what I said was not what I meant...
New signature!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read