Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why are a lot of you fans so fickle?

People talk a lot of smack about Houston fans and how fickle they are...I blew it off. But I'm starting to see evidence of this and it's disappointing.
Yes, the Texans lost to a stronger Philadelphia team. That wasn't a surprise. I think some of the fans hungover from the 3-1 preseason got a little too excited.
Against Philly, that first drive was perfect. Simple as that. That drive would not have even been an idea last season. This is now.
Sure, the Texans looked like their old selves in allowing the five sacks and playing poruous defense, but I believe in Gary Kubiak and it was not going to turn around in ONE GAME.
This is a long process, folks. The Texans will improve in some aspect as each week goes by. Forget the ESPN-hyped RB talk. I'm sick of it too. Forget the dogging Mario talk. One game is not enough to measure what he'll do. We all want to see production from Mario and it will come in due time.
This is the first year of Kubiak's regime and I think we all need to remember this is all new. A fresh start. We're looking for improvement this year and I think we'll see that. Whomever thought Houston would go 11-5, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. It will take time. We'll improve. I hope some of the voices of reason get through to a lot of fans out there.
GO TEXANS!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

agreed
Old 09-11-2006   #3
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Although I completely agree, what else did you expect?
Old 09-11-2006   #4
real

I think everyone who is complaining about the complaining are delusional....People who are complaining about the team now, are the same ones who have been complaining all along.....I for one don't care what our record is...If they sucked, they sucked....and since they sucked, people are going to complain...period...
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I think everyone who is complaining about the complaining are delusional....People who are complaining about the team now, are the same ones who have been complaining all along.....I for one don't care what our record is...If they sucked, they sucked....and since they sucked, people are going to complain...period...
And I think everyone who is complaining about the people complaining about the people are complaining are just helping to contribute to the vicious cycle of complaining on this board.

Was that okay, or did it sound like I was complaining?
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Bsacamano
Rookie

I wasn't expecting us to win the game, but I did want to see a much improved defense and offensive line. We gave up 5 sacks and 441 yards....thats what I was the most dissapointed with
Bsacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
And I think everyone who is complaining about the people complaining about the people are complaining are just helping to contribute to the vicious cycle of complaining on this board.

and the people complaining about the complainers who ae compl....forget it you win...
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:

I think when you're at the point where you're complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining, ya can't complain anymore.
Old 09-11-2006   #9
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

It sounded like you were complaining...:bananasplit:
Old 09-11-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

People are frustrated after four losing seasons and a dismal first game. The feelings are understandable, and EVERY NFL team would have it's share of fickle fans after four straight losing seasons.

I'm not one to complain, but I understand the perspective. They gripe because they care.
Old 09-11-2006   #11
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

When you have 70k++ fans, you are bound to get a few titty whiners. It is the law of averages.

Whatcha have to remember is this is a board full of opinions. Opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one. Not everyone is down with what everyone else says. But, at the end of the day....the majority of us are here for the same purpose and that is what keeps us coming back to this same spot on the 'net. And a few trolls like to come by and attempt to spoil our fun.

GO TEXANS!!!

Wouldn't it really suck if we ALL agreed, all the time? No learning new concepts or views but exist as just one giant board. That wouldn't be any fun.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #12
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:

I think you got it!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss winning! I really do!

I thought our defense was horrible and our offense had breakdowns in the worse scenarios.

I was disappointed in our running game and the hype of the new running scheme.

The only good thing I got out of this game was a much more confident looking Carr.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan

That drive would not have even been an idea last season.
Do we have some stat fanatic that can tell me how many times we have scored a TD on our opening drive? I think they need to learn to stay intense over four quarters.

I also think many people on here were too willing to believe the doom and gloom about the Eagles season. They started shaky yesterday, but once they got going............
Old 09-11-2006   #15
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, I know there are WAY more real fans than fickle ones, but as a Texan fan it's disappointing to hear people are already giving up...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
People are frustrated after four losing seasons and a dismal first game. The feelings are understandable, and EVERY NFL team would have it's share of fickle fans after four straight losing seasons.

I'm not one to complain, but I understand the perspective. They gripe because they care.
I agree. I believe fans were just disappointed that the same problems we've had the past 4 yrs 'manifested' themselves again in such a 'big way Sunday. Sacks. Zero pressure on opp.Lack luster offense.Porous defense.Ineffective 'game' time adjustments.,etc.

IMO, fans were caught off guard. We didn't just lose-we lost 'ugly'. Certainly, the game is a reality check to keep our expectations at a 'more realistic' level. However, in saying this, it should not be too much to ask to see 'a little' light at the end of the tunnel...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:

QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!!!
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #18
profan
Veteran

losing will take its toll and at five years, i'm tired of losing. I will not and do not boo the team, but i feel others frustration. The texans sold 60,000+ season tickets. The oilers never sold near that amount even during the good seasons. As the losses mount, you will find more and more resentment amoung the fans. This team should be looking at winning seasons, and now it's a rebuilding process. I think the texans are getting tremendous support, considering what they have put on the field.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #19
Cgold
Rookie

all i want to know is how much that ocean property is going for?
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #20
Xman
Veteran

I am actually hoping we keep losing . . . . barely.
I also hope that our young talent starts to develop.

But, I have to admit my motivation is based on my sincere belief that we can win a SuperBowl in a couple of years if we have 3 things: 1) Kubes talent in the Kubes system, meaning the players we have and keep adapt to his system, 2) good sigings - ie, signings that fill a few holes while cutting dead weight, and 3) DRAFT GOLD - meaning we need a few stars in our next two drafts - - in my mind we need Adrian Peterson (or Quinn) and then we need at least two later picks to become above average players (OLB and CB or S).

So, why complain? Winning a few meaningless games this year hurts in the long run. The 2007 draft is stacked. So, let Kubes figure out which guys can play in his system and cull the rest. A few losses along the way is not a bad thing.

The main thing is to see development and figuring out who our keepers are. In other words,
1) Protect Carr enough to see if he can be the guy (but, this will take a while - see #2)
2) See who can play on the OL. Hopefully, its the young guys and they develop by week 4.
3) Resolve the TE situation; test the young guys, if they can play, then cut the old guys, if not then cut them. We will need the roster spots for other positions next year.
4) Test the young RBs. If they can't play, then cut them and try someone else.
5) Cull out the backup LBs - this includes figuring out whther Babin/Peek can play. Again, figure out which can play beside Ryans, if its none, then we need to look at free agency and the draft.

If we don't win a game, and answer those 5 questions, we have had a great season. And, we will have a lot of wins in 3 years. (I know this was the "original" plan but Casserly messed it up by trading away draft picks for Babin/Buchanon and bad signings - hopefully Kubes can do a better job but he will need two years to get there).
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read