Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Our fans are good at whining and making excuses.

We lost. Quit crying. Any sane individual knows it takes a heck of a lot longer than one offseason to rebuild a 2 - 14 team. To everyone who's crying about our coaching, be quiet. It's frustrating seeing the bunch of bandwagoners that are our fans.

This is why nobody's respected a houston team since the Oilers. They had fans. By no account am I saying that we have no 'real' fans. I'm saying that a LOT of them act like David Carr in the pocket.

I'm tired, and I have a class in 37 minutes. I want one or maybe four tacos.
Old 09-11-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
We lost. Quit crying. Any sane individual knows it takes a heck of a lot longer than one offseason to rebuild a 2 - 14 team. To everyone who's crying about our coaching, be quiet. It's frustrating seeing the bunch of bandwagoners that are our fans.

This is why nobody's respected a houston team since the Oilers. They had fans. By no account am I saying that we have no 'real' fans. I'm saying that a LOT of them act like David Carr in the pocket.

Finally a post that makes sense. People are ready to jump ship after one loss, miracles do not happen overnight. Post of the day right here.
Old 09-11-2006   #3
Bsacamano
Rookie

Just because people are being negative, does not mean that they are jumping ship. The facts are what they are. Yesterday we sucked. We gave up 441 yards of offense; 5 sacks; and 24 points and we could nout run ball. People want to vent and that is understandable
Bsacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. How is whining about people whining accomplishing anything? I never understood that. It just doubles the amount of crying on the board.

As for your other areas of the post, let me address them. You are right, change doesn't and shouldn't happen over night. So what happened to our team? I wasn't expecting a win, or even a super close game, but I was expecting us to make progress in our key areas, as we did in practice and preaseason, but which we failed to do on Sunday.

Since the naming of Kubiak, we have seen steady progress in:
Zone blocking
Pass Protection
Pass Rush

I can safely say that from pratice feeds, interviews, and finally preaseason games, we showed very steady improvement in the preceeding areas. Until Sunday.

So yeah, a team shouldn't change overnight. So why did we? (Meaning, why did we all of a sudden revert to 2005?)
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give him rep, but I'll probably need to spread some first.
BTW, they love Powerful Dragon over at the Eagles board.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I don't get it. How is whining about people whining accomplishing anything? I never understood that. It just doubles the amount of crying on the board.
Just trying to tell people to keep quiet. We've only played one real game under the new regime. Our arsenal of coaching talent needs a little bit of time before they can fix the disaster that was the 2005 Texans.
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02

As for your other areas of the post, let me address them. You are right, change doesn't and shouldn't happen over night. So what happened to our team? I wasn't expecting a win, or even a super close game, but I was expecting us to make progress in our key areas, as we did in practice and preaseason, but which we failed to do on Sunday.

Since the naming of Kubiak, we have seen steady progress in:
Zone blocking
Pass Protection
Pass Rush

I can safely say that from pratice feeds, interviews, and finally preaseason games, we showed very steady improvement in the preceeding areas. Until Sunday.

So yeah, a team shouldn't change overnight. So why did we? (Meaning, why did we all of a sudden revert to 2005?)

JMO but partially becuz Sage wasnt playing against the eagles second teamers.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PowerfulDragon again.
Old 09-11-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just trying to tell people to keep quiet. We've only played one real game under the new regime. Our arsenal of coaching talent needs a little bit of time before they can fix the disaster that was the 2005 Texans.

Thats what I'm saying though. All offseason, all preseason, the Texans were taking baby steps in the right direction. We were slowly moving towards being very competitive.

And then we played Philly, and took 3 huge leaps backwards.

Thats what I'm so confused about. Did I think we would win? No, but I thought the game would be more even.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good post PD. I was just about to put the finishing touches up on this noose I was making and find a nice shady spot.....then I read your post. Saved my life.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #11
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

I would be interested to see a poll of how many people really expected to see a victory against the Eagles. When I looked at our schedule, my first thought was..."0-3." I know people are tired of losing but suck it up! We still have holes to fill. Be happy with picking outside the top ten this year. The wheels are in motion.
Old 09-11-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans are venting, as is their right. It's what a forum and talk radio is all about. I'm not one to gripe, as I'm perfecting my "infinite patience" routine for this team. I'm in it for the long haul.

That being said, we looked like we regressed in a couple of areas. No defense to speak of, and nothing that even resembled a running game, can make even the most diehard fan get a little grumpy on Monday morning.

It's all good, though. Tailgating yesterday was fantastic.
Old 09-11-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We lost. Quit crying.
You don't get it ! There's losing, then there's really getting the crap knocked
out of you.
I didn't expect us to win, but I thought we might be competitive thru most of
the game, and perhaps be in the game in the 4th quarter. Though ultimately
I expected us to lose to the Eagles. Just as I expect us to have one win, tops, after we've played 5 games. But I expect us to play in a competitive
manner and not lose by 2 touchdowns when we are at home, and have a
visiting team like the Eagles dominate more than even the 14 point margin would indicate.
Most of us who are upset by yesterday probably aren't among those silly
Pollyannas who have been predicticting 10 wins and the playoffs. I know
I'm not. But when yesterdays opener starts to look like last years opener
in Buffalo, reasonable people are gonna get upset.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

So are we only supposed to cheer this team from this MB?? Where's the fun in that??

We lost yesterday.... and didn't look competitive in the second half..... did you not expect people to be a little frustrated??

I think we've had some pretty good discusions, for the most part.

I doubt Kubiaks going to be slapping the guys on their backsides, telling them what a good game they played. He's going to break the film down, and he's going to find several areas we need to improve on as a team.

Sure, we aren't getting paid to do so, but I think it's nice, to have a place to go & talk with Texans fans....... about what we did right, what we did wrong, and what we need to do to get better.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
So are we only supposed to cheer this team from this MB?? Where's the fun in that??

We lost yesterday.... and didn't look competitive in the second half..... did you not expect people to be a little frustrated??

I think we've had some pretty good discusions, for the most part.

I doubt Kubiaks going to be slapping the guys on their backsides, telling them what a good game they played. He's going to break the film down, and he's going to find several areas we need to improve on as a team.

Sure, we aren't getting paid to do so, but I think it's nice, to have a place to go & talk with Texans fans....... about what we did right, what we did wrong, and what we need to do to get better.
dito...
Old 09-11-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
You don't get it ! There's losing, then there's really getting the crap knocked
out of you.
I didn't expect us to win, but I thought we might be competitive thru most of
the game, and perhaps be in the game in the 4th quarter. Though ultimately
I expected us to lose to the Eagles. Just as I expect us to have one win, tops, after we've played 5 games. But I expect us to play in a competitive
manner and not lose by 2 touchdowns when we are at home, and have a
visiting team like the Eagles dominate more than even the 14 point margin would indicate.
Most of us who are upset by yesterday probably aren't among those silly
Pollyannas who have been predicticting 10 wins and the playoffs. I know
I'm not. But when yesterdays opener starts to look like last years opener
in Buffalo, reasonable people are gonna get upset.
The team totally lost its mojo at the end of the second quarter and couldn't regain it:

link to my NFL Fanhouse post

Quote:
You can completely identify the moment when the Texans lost their composure on both sides of the ball. At the 3:11 left mark of the second quarter, Carr dumps a 44 yard bomb to Johnson to put the ball on the Philly 5 yard line. The next three plays are a two yard loss on a rush, Carr gets sacked for negative 9, and then a incomplete pass. The Texans settle for a field goal, and with 57 yards left in the half, mostly Donovan McNabb to Donte Stallworth kills the Texans defense resulting in a quick touchdown. Good teams can lose their mojo and get it back, but at least this Sunday, the Texans mojo was put in escrow for the rest of the game.
That three or so minutes results in an 11 point swing. You can't let that happen and if you do, you have to get over it and adjust. The Texans aren't there yet because maybe they are still in "There we go again" mode. I can't say for sure that's what they are thinking, but I can say for sure that's what many fans are thinking.
Old 09-11-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think people are forgetting that this isn't game 17 of 2005.

Sometimes a coaching change will cause a team to lose the the first game of the season. It just happens that way.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
ya have to understand that in a public forum, theres always going to be those who will make the stupid posts and stupid threads, like the "Mario Is A Bust" thread. people are just wierd. every time the astros or rockets lose a game, fans call in to post game talk shows explaining why the team sucks and/or how the team will be vulnerable down the stretch. but as soon as we win, doesnt matter how we win, people call in saying that if they keep it up, we will win a championship. its understandable to see all the bishin going on. football is the TRUE americas pastime, so people are going to be rowdy and at times, excessively stupid and redundant. im actually surprised that there isnt a thread saying that rosenfels should have played because he could have done better...blah blah blah.
Old 09-11-2006   #19
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

like right now, there are threads describing how our secondary needs improvement (not sure why because the secondary played well besides allowing stallworth to fly freely for a TD), how someone is dissapointed in richard smith, mario is a bust....yadeedaw. if we win, it wont matter if we won 44-40, people wouldnt post anything on how our defense stinks because as long as we win, the people are happy.
Old 09-11-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
like right now, there are threads describing how our secondary needs improvement (not sure why because the secondary played well besides allowing stallworth to fly freely for a TD), how someone is dissapointed in richard smith, mario is a bust....yadeedaw. if we win, it wont matter if we won 44-40, people wouldnt post anything on how our defense stinks because as long as we win, the people are happy.
Speak for yourself...because If someone plays badly and starts a thread most likely i'll chime in...win or loss....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read