Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When will our "investment" in this team pay off

I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning. I have 2 PSLs in Section 105. I have been following the birth of this team since the beginning as well. I like a lot of others have invested a lot of money and emotion into the rebirth of the NFL in Houston.

At the beginning, I thought things were going to be different. McNair seems classy, loved the logo, loved that tailgating and other fan friendly measure were adopted, we won our first game, etc.

However, this team has been an absolute abortion up until this point. I vowed to quit caring after the draft debacle; however, the Texans are like a rash that won't go away and I can't stop caring since they are the Houston team.

I just feel like a big sucker. They have their Liberty White Out today and like a lemming (which they wanted us all to be) bought a white Texans t-shirt from Academy to wear to the game (all my other Texans gear are in Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red).

When are we going to be rewarded for our loyalty. The Texans just seem to be an emotional and monetary blackhole. I am sick at what I saw today. The light at the end of the tunnel seems far away.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning. I have 2 PSLs in Section 105. I have been following the birth of this team since the beginning as well. I like a lot of others have invested a lot of money and emotion into the rebirth of the NFL in Houston.

At the beginning, I thought things were going to be different. McNair seems classy, loved the logo, loved that tailgating and other fan friendly measure were adopted, we won our first game, etc.

However, this team has been an absolute abortion up until this point. I vowed to quit caring after the draft debacle; however, the Texans are like a rash that won't go away and I can't stop caring since they are the Houston team.

I just feel like a big sucker. They have their Liberty White Out today and like a lemming (which they wanted us all to be) bought a white Texans t-shirt from Academy to wear to the game (all my other Texans gear are in Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red).

When are we going to be rewarded for our loyalty. The Texans just seem to be an emotional and monetary blackhole. I am sick at what I saw today. The light at the end of the tunnel seems far away.

This coming from someone who has an avatar of a player who isn't even on the team. Not to mention he plays for one of our biggest rivals.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Texas_Heat
Veteran

It took the Oilers from 1970 1st year in the NFL (3-10-1) 8 seasons 1978 to make the playoffs ,but only 4 to have a .500 record and only five to have a winning record 1975:10-4 finish 3rd in central that year.

The Texans have not had a winning or .500 record for four years running, this year will make it five and I don't see them having one in the 2000's
so I'd say it's going to be a a long long time till the fans see a pay off.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Thank goodness I sold my PSLs

I sold my four PSLs in the Club section on ebay for $260. These are the same PSLs for which I paid $8,400. Obviously no one wants to buy an option to have to overpay for tickets. But I'm thrilled i didn't lay down another 10 grand to watch this POC team play. Once all the PSL contracts start to roll off, beginning at the end of this year, the Texans have a real problem. This team sucks. Buried in these threads is my predicition of a 3-13 season, that may have been optimistic -
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn
I sold my four PSLs in the Club section on ebay for $260. These are the same PSLs for which I paid $8,400. Obviously no one wants to buy an option to have to overpay for tickets. But I'm thrilled i didn't lay down another 10 grand to watch this POC team play. Once all the PSL contracts start to roll off, beginning at the end of this year, the Texans have a real problem. This team sucks. Buried in these threads is my predicition of a 3-13 season, that may have been optimistic -
Go away. Nobody cares. Did you watch the Broncos play today? That got their ***es handed to them. Thank god Steven Jackson is on my Fantasy team.
Old 09-10-2006   #6
DenverBorn
Veteran

I don't care about the Broncos. I am a Texans fan, or at least I am trying to be, but I am incredibly frustrated by the ineptitude. Same old story - no pass protection, no pass rush and a porous pass defense And Mario was a no-show. And will most likely continue to be a no-show. The guy gets a few sacks against Wake Forest and becomes God's gift to the DL. GMAB. I'm not gonna drink the koolaid. I think this team repeats 2-14.
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Texas_Heat
Veteran

They are going to eat you alive for what you posted, you better run an the will be coming for you.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Buy high, sell low........ you can't even get that right...... most basic business rule... and you expect someone to take your advice on what needs to be done to fix a football team??

Look...... your PSL money was long gone, if you had to sell for $260......... you lost your ass on that one. Buy your season tickets, and sell them on Ebay. with the number of Eagles fans I saw in my section, I know you'd have made your money back, if you didn't make a profit.

it might be 20 years before the Texans are playoff contenders, but right now, you belong on the Darwin list for business managers. This game alone, you'd have made more than $260............

genius......
Old 09-10-2006   #9
DenverBorn
Veteran

I learned from experience that no one would pay face for game-by-game tickets. Anyone want to pay $1,000 for four Club Tickets to watch this team play? Not happening. So you have no idea what you are talking about. It was a better business decision to cut my losses and not keep throwing good money after bad. And that doesn't even account for the preseason games, for which the Texans made one pay full price but then I had a hard time giving those away. As many empty seats as are in the stadium right now (and it'll get worse) - the DUMBEST thing I could have done is write another $10,000 check.

I was going to let my PSLs go but I got a letter from the Texans' General Counsel that they "reserved the right" to sue me to make me pay for the tickets for all of the remaining years of my PSL contract, which was 6 more years. So frankly I would have given the PSLs away to rid myself of the liability. I was happy to find someone who would actually pay me for the PSLs. And yes I was an idiot to have bought them in the first place, but that was a sunk cost, so I made the smartest marginal decision I could make. If you still don't get it I'll try to make it even simpler for you to understand in another post -
Old 09-10-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224612 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
I just feel like a big sucker.
Well for the first time, at least one of your statements was correct. Please stop being an embarrasement to both Texans fans and lawyers (and good lord the standard is low for that).
Old 09-10-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224612 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
And yes I was an idiot to have bought them in the first place, but that was a sunk cost, so I made the smartest marginal decision I could make.
At least one word in this sentence is correct.
Old 09-10-2006   #12
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

TexansFight......Rome was not built in a day, give it some time, we did see alot of improvement today.......Our day will come, and it will be great when it does....I have learned to relax and watch alot more, I grew up with the Browns in the 70's & 80's when I was a kid, and they have still never made it to the Super Bowl......that's just part of being a fan......

We will see this soon.....

Old 09-10-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
And yes I was an idiot

Was that it Cak?

Note: I noticed a major error in his sentence structure. (besides starting a sentence with "and") He accidently uses the past tense of "to be" the sentence should read:
Quote:
Yes, I am an idiot
Old 09-10-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider
It's not fun watching and hearing Texans fans complaining about today's game after one loss.

On another board, another Texans fan said "Damn Texans! Mario Williams isn't worth jack! 141 total yards for Bush today, wonder if that would have helped?"

Oh yeah, that was fun responding to.

Then my father, former Oilers fan/now Texans fan, was upset about the draft (He's over that now....LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE), and also upset about today's game. I just told him "It's only been one game", he nodded in agreement, and moved on.

For me, I'd rather be optimistic and try to look for the positives, instead of nitpicking and calling for a re-draft.
A man of my own heart and logic! Positive rep to you, my friend. I could not have explained things better than you have.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read