Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Omg

A few weeks ago aj made the comment that 80% of the post on this forum were a waste of time. Well I am here to inform aj that he was wrong. Today 99% of the post were pure BS.

All of the homers here thinking this team was going to go 16-0 after winning 3 preseason games, sadly had your month ruined. And now you are crying for Reggie (My momma wants a house real bad) Bush. Never mind the guy does not fit the new offense being put into place. Never mind we have an All-Pro kick returner that will be back after 5 more games. Never mind we need another over paid RB like a hole in our salary cap.

What this team needs is time. Time to mature, we have 5 rookie starters today, plus 6 more guys making there 1st opening day start. This is a very young team. Much younger than any team fielded by Casserly and Capers. If we had bitten the youth bullet 4 years ago, we would have had young backups developing behind Walker and Payne, and instead of guys not currently playing for anyone.

We need time also to acquire more talented players to fill some key positions. Our defense will get some much needed talent in next years draft. We are paying for some bad trades, some bad draft decisions (how does Gaffney look now compared to DeShaun Foster or LeCharles Bentley or even the combo of Toniu Fonoti and Clinton Portis (you would not need Pitts with Fonoti)).(Yes I cherry picked). Also we need to make sure the guys we pick fit our needs, not taking a 3rd string QB in the 3rd round and never letting him see the field. Yea that creates trade bait.

We also need time to figure out the new scheme. How many people remember the new look run n shot Oilers first game under Jack Pardee. How many times was Moon sacked that day? At least five, and that was with 2 future Hall of Fame linemen, and a HOF QB. Give the OL time to absorb what they are doing, the zone blocking scheme is not easy to learn. They will get better.

Any of you that does not see that David Carr improved today from the preseason hates DC too much. (Not many dislike Carr more than me and I saw it). I saw a young MLB we can build a defense around. I saw Travis Johnson play like a 1st round draft pick today.

I also saw a new Defense Coordinator get out coached by one of the best coaching staff in the NFL. But he will get better, he always has.

So stop your whining, get a clue. Give me negative feedback. And lets talk about the real things. Anyone see any good prospects for next years draft?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

i agree totally. people need to be realistic and enjoy watching these young guys find their footing and develop into a real team.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, but I'm sick of waiting and watching miserable football games. It may be time to take a couple years off.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
Cgold
Rookie

Well i get more upset by half the stupid comments i read here, then about the losses.. I hate losing, but there is a huge difference between optimism and realism.. The texans have a rough, ROUGH schedule and are learning a new offense under a new coach.. Even though both the offense and coach are better. It shouldnt be that far of a stretch to think of this team as its 2nd year, only a little better that the teams first season in the league, because the players have played in real NFL games and have experience..but were starting over... our players are still outnumbered in talent by many teams..especially on defense.. and i would be PLEASENTLY suprised if we went 8-8 this year.. We have talented players, but we are not an elite team by any means in any department.. every single aspect of the team needs improvement to be a contender.. but i believe NOW finally we are in the right direction.. year 5 for the texans is really year one for the team we all hope they become.. We need to continue improving our OL and need a LOT of work still on defense.. All the Carr haters, your going to have to deal with DC, because the coaching staff and everyone on that team that is important, knows he can get the job done.. the team he inherited in no way has helped him out in his progression including the old coaching staff, and more likely made him take a step back.. The guy can and will come around with the right people around coaches that know how to protect him and let him do his job..

Im going to sit and enjoy the games and be a true fan, win or loss. I hope they manage to have a good year, and im going to find some comfort in knowing FINALLY we can really start to make strides as a team.
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
there is a huge difference between optimism and realism.
Unfortunately most people can't tell the difference.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller
A few weeks ago aj made the comment that 80% of the post on this forum were a waste of time. Well I am here to inform aj that he was wrong. Today 99% of the post were pure BS.

All of the homers here thinking this team was going to go 16-0 after winning 3 preseason games, sadly had your month ruined. And now you are crying for Reggie (My momma wants a house real bad) Bush. Never mind the guy does not fit the new offense being put into place. Never mind we have an All-Pro kick returner that will be back after 5 more games. Never mind we need another over paid RB like a hole in our salary cap.

What this team needs is time. Time to mature, we have 5 rookie starters today, plus 6 more guys making there 1st opening day start. This is a very young team. Much younger than any team fielded by Casserly and Capers. If we had bitten the youth bullet 4 years ago, we would have had young backups developing behind Walker and Payne, and instead of guys not currently playing for anyone.

We need time also to acquire more talented players to fill some key positions. Our defense will get some much needed talent in next years draft. We are paying for some bad trades, some bad draft decisions (how does Gaffney look now compared to DeShaun Foster or LeCharles Bentley or even the combo of Toniu Fonoti and Clinton Portis (you would not need Pitts with Fonoti)).(Yes I cherry picked). Also we need to make sure the guys we pick fit our needs, not taking a 3rd string QB in the 3rd round and never letting him see the field. Yea that creates trade bait.

We also need time to figure out the new scheme. How many people remember the new look run n shot Oilers first game under Jack Pardee. How many times was Moon sacked that day? At least five, and that was with 2 future Hall of Fame linemen, and a HOF QB. Give the OL time to absorb what they are doing, the zone blocking scheme is not easy to learn. They will get better.

Any of you that does not see that David Carr improved today from the preseason hates DC too much. (Not many dislike Carr more than me and I saw it). I saw a young MLB we can build a defense around. I saw Travis Johnson play like a 1st round draft pick today.

I also saw a new Defense Coordinator get out coached by one of the best coaching staff in the NFL. But he will get better, he always has.

So stop your whining, get a clue. Give me negative feedback. And lets talk about the real things. Anyone see any good prospects for next years draft?
Quote:
Thanks for adding reputation to this user. You may be lucky enough to recieve the same, yada yada yada
Thanks Painekiller ... that needed to to said. Pos rep comin to ya bro. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:

10/10 post
this needs to be sticky, forever
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

One of the best postings I've seen here. Very good job. I disagree with ya a bit, and I may very well be wrong, as I've not gone through and counted delusional vs. whiner postings. What I see normally is those that predict doom and gloom, also have the largest number of whiny negative posts. I'd rather read an optimistic posting with no sense of reality than the drivel presented to us by the large marjority of naysayers we seem to attract here.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It was one game...

...with a new offense and a new defense and the sky is already falling.

All I wanted to see was an improvement over the pathetic JV squad we had last year. I saw it. I'm satisfied. I caught a glimpse of what Carr is actually capable of.

We got stomped by a much better team that had a lot more experience playing together. Our guys (including Mario) are learning a new system.

BTW, Julius Peppers only got 3 tackles yesterday. What a bust.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I agree, but I'm sick of waiting and watching miserable football games. It may be time to take a couple years off.
I am tired of waiting as well. What I would like to see is a Buddy Ryan type of defense that goes all out to hit the Quarterback. It is sick to see QB's playing the whole game and only taking 2 hits.
Old 09-11-2006   #11
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Good post! Something I'd like to add I've yet to see anywhere (I don't like starting new threads) is did anyone see Mario's jersey yesterday? I invite ya to play the game back, and keep an eye on him after each play. Looks like his jersey is either off his shoulder pads, or the numbers are askew on his body. I don't think you're jersey gets like that unless someone has a nice GRIP on it On one play, and they replayed it in slow motion, you can clearly see the OL almost ripping his jersey off his body. Now, I may be old and blind, and maybe the rules have changed since I first started watching this game back in the '60's , but I believe that's HOLDING
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I definitely saw him getting held once by the Eagles OL. The lineman had one hand gripping his jersey and the other one under his shoulder pads. That was just one play. Makes you wonder how much holding we don't see.

I'm starting to wonder if holding is like the double dribble in the NBA. Against the rules, but never gets called. If holding didn't happen, then the D-Linemen wouldn't have to wear tight jerseys.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
I definitely saw him getting held once by the Eagles OL. The lineman had one hand gripping his jersey and the other one under his shoulder pads. That was just one play. Makes you wonder how much holding we don't see.

I'm starting to wonder if holding is like the double dribble in the NBA. Against the rules, but never gets called. If holding didn't happen, then the D-Linemen wouldn't have to wear tight jerseys.

Yep...there was a lot of holding yesterday. I saw it a bunch of times on both sides of the ball.

It wasnt exactly a perfectly called game. The Michael Lewis pass interference call will show you that...

But...its the best system that is in place unfortunately.
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
...with a new offense and a new defense and the sky is already falling.

All I wanted to see was an improvement over the pathetic JV squad we had last year. I saw it. I'm satisfied. I caught a glimpse of what Carr is actually capable of.

We got stomped by a much better team that had a lot more experience playing together. Our guys (including Mario) are learning a new system.

BTW, Julius Peppers only got 3 tackles yesterday. What a bust.
I agree and Phillyfan can give you the winning percentage of Philly for the past 4 years. This is the first game of the season and for the first time, they had everyone and I mean everyone healthy. Negating last season I do believe they went to the superbowl with garbage receivers and TO. Yes the texans offensive line and defensive line could have and will play alot better but before we go on a Reggie Bush rant, remember who the hell he was playing......the Browns. Do you think reggie would have done any better playing against philly with us......come on now, not with the leverage they were getting on is. Sorry, just tired of the bashing on the team when it was the first game. Oh and as for Carr, check his stat line, 18/27....208 yard passing 25 yards rushing, 1 touchdown, 0 interceptions and a 102 QB Rating and that's not in AFC, that in the league as a total. And doesn't include the 4 excuse me 5 sacks on him with the last one him snatching off his chin strap and barking at several of his team mates. I don't know about you but that sounds like a leader to me. Sage wouldn't have done any better.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great Post, I agree, and a rep to you!

Now, if I could just find a bit more patience!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

wow this board is gettin bad, everyone thinks that with new coach's and a new system that the texans are gonna go to the superbowl this year. with everyone *****in it makes me not even wanna come on this board anymore
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

PaineKiller pos. rep to ya. Needed to be said. IMO we still go 7-8 wins this year. Have to have faith right?
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #18
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Thank you!!! Amen!!! I was beginning to think badly of my fellow Texans fans, but you give me hope.

Additionally, the stadium quit on the team almost as much as they quit on themselves. If you want to be winners, stay committed.

Go Texans!
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
wow this board is gettin bad, everyone thinks that with new coach's and a new system that the texans are gonna go to the superbowl this year. with everyone *****in it makes me not even wanna come on this board anymore

Why do you ever 'wanna' come to this board?

There are many, many differing opinions expressed here. Some I agree with, some I laugh at, some anger me and occasionally even a few that enlighten me. There are some really knowledgeable people that post here.

There are a few posters who I make sure to read because I know I will be entertained.

There are a couple that I know are going to rattle my chain, but I read them anyway. It's a conscious choice..:brickwall

I'll even venture out and give an opinion or two of my own. Some agree with me, some don't. It's not that important, and most of the time it is soon forgotten.

So I enter here almost every day ready to agree, laugh, get angry or maybe learn something new.

It's just a message board.

Don't take it personal, and try to not let it upset you too much...

Old 09-11-2006   #20
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
Why do you ever 'wanna' come to this board?

There are many, many differing opinions expressed here. Some I agree with, some I laugh at, some anger me and occasionally even a few that enlighten me. There are some really knowledgeable people that post here.

There are a few posters who I make sure to read because I know I will be entertained.

There are a couple that I know are going to rattle my chain, but I read them anyway. It's a conscious choice..:brickwall

I'll even venture out and give an opinion or two of my own. Some agree with me, some don't. It's not that important, and most of the time it is soon forgotten.
So I enter here almost every day ready to agree, laugh, get angry or maybe learn something new.

It's just a message board.

Don't take it personal, and try to not let it upset you too much...

GREAT post you said that in a very kind and nice way. I ended up erasing what I first wrote for fear of getting baned from the MB.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read