Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
veazeyt
Rookie

Default Demeco Ryans....

Yeah, the Texans lost.

But wow!

The hype is there for Demeco Ryans.... the rookie LB comes in on his first NFL game and gets 13 tackles. WOW.

End the somber parade.. Dom Capers is not here anymore, the Texans are getting better.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
Cgold
Rookie

about time someone gave ryans his propz.. he exceeded expectations in his first game, unlike another defense player...
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just imagine how bad it would've been if Ryans played like most of the rest of the team in the second half.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
real

Ryans get's defensive rookie of the year easily if he stays healthy...
Old 09-11-2006   #5
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

DeMeco rocks.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones of our defense.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones of our defense.
why omit Mario? one game and you write him off

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

I think DeMeco Ryans will be a Superstar. 13 tackles (12 solo, 1 ast.) is an incredible feat for any rookie. If he is given some time, I think he will be our "rock" in the middle. He is on the NFL stats in tackles tied for 1st with K. Bulluck (Ten), and ahead of Zach Thomas and Johathen Vilma (3 & 4).

We should give him his props since so few are talking about him

BTW: A.J. Hawk: 3 Tackles 2 Ast. (not to say that AJ is bad, but compairing rookies that were sooo "talked" about)
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I haven't written him off and have no issue with him or the reasoning behind selecting him. But Dunta and Demeco have shown me that they are legit and the real thing. When Mario starts looking as good as those two, I will add him. Until then, Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
PhillyFan
Veteran

This kid is going to be a player. He was right there near the ball on just about every play.

If he could get some tackle help, he would be a lot better though.

Give this guy 3 years and he will be a great player by the looks of it.

Definitely a nice draft pick.
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan
This kid is going to be a player. He was right there near the ball on just about every play.

If he could get some tackle help, he would be a lot better though.

Give this guy 3 years and he will be a great player by the looks of it.

Definitely a nice draft pick.
I respect your observation & good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I respect your observation & good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way
Same goes for me, when the Texans go 15-1 the only team that will be talked about more will be the Eagles 16-0

Eagles-Texans superbowl
Old 09-11-2006   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is tied for the tackle lead.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Demeco is tied for the tackle lead.
Really ? I thought he led the NFL...

Edit: He is killing everyone in solo's...
Old 09-11-2006   #15
texansfaninla
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 texansfaninla has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Mario sucked, but DeMeco didn't

Not saying I told you so, but Mario sure didn't show that "never quit" motor some of you have touted. He was really pathetic - he was more immobile than anything.

Meanwhile DeMeco Ryans looked more worthy of the No. 1 overall pick with 12 tackles. He was everywhere - great pick there.

And I'm not going to say it, though I know everyone is thinking it - 70 yards rushing isn't a very good indicator of "the system" working...Some of you know there were a few holes to run through, but Lundy and Morency weren't fast enough to hit them with authority. I wonder who could have..........
texansfaninla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Get a grip!

Demeco Ryans was all over the place! Just like a MLB (middle linebacker or "mike") should be. I didn't know if you knew what that was, but I thought I would explain. Although Mario didn't have the 5 sacks that everyone wanted, either did our #1 pick from last season, Travis Johnson. Either did Dunte Robinson, our #1 prior to Johnson, have 5 picks. Neither did our top FA pick-up Anthony Weaver have 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles (actually had 1 sack by donovan tripping over his feet). Do you realize who the Texans played? A team that went to 4 STRAIGHT NFC championship games and a past Super Bowl in 04'. Last season, their top player was hurt (McNabb), their #2 player went awol (Terrell Owens), and their o-line was so banged up, that the offense collapsed. The Texans played a top teir team, only rebounding back to NFC supremecy! The defense was outmanned, especially after P-Buc went down with an injury early, and not able to play due to the ankle. Mario doesn't play in a secondary, that was missing faggins and Buchanon in the second half. Mario doesn't call the plays. Where were the blitz schemes we saw in preseason? Where was his constant lining up at outside pass rush that Kubiak and Casserly talked about after they drafted him? I'm sure he didn't walk into the coaches offices and tell them to play him at NT (A position he never played in college), so he could be double teamed all day! Get the facts straight before you lead a charge of bringing a 21yr old rookie down. Yes, Demeco played great, but his responsiblity as a MLB is much different than everyone else on the field, attack and hit! Had this been Texans 05', even to a beat up Eagle unit, the score would have been 44-10. The Offense looked much better. Carr looked more poised. Moulds helped the WR group tremendously, and another rookie Spencer did a good job against one of the best pass rushes in the league! Just hold on, well get better, but build them up, rather than tearing them down. As a season ticket holder, I'm as frustrated as anyone to see a winner, but its coming sooner than later!
Old 09-11-2006   #17
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

By the way, I think my response was to another thread, and it was moved over to this thread. This is not for the knowledgable Texan fans out there! Demeco was great! Is going to be a stud. Mario looked average for a rookie, but better than the vets on the line, but he'll get better. I think I'm already frustrated over people for wanting this guy to be Peppers x 3 in his first game!!! NO DISRESPECT TO MY TEXAN BROTHERS!
Old 09-11-2006   #18
cred
Rookie

Ryans=DROY
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #19
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Looks like my pick for DROY didnt let me down.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #20
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

What else can you say? Ryans was outstanding, picking up right where he left off in college, showing why he was rated as, and should have been a 1st round draft pick.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read