Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greenwood

i just was wonderin why so many people hate him, in my eyes hes a good LB, gets lots of tackles, and is alot of times near the plays, i know people were pissed when we paid so much money for him, but why gotta pay alot of money for players to come to houston when we have never had a winning season
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i just was wonderin why so many people hate him, in my eyes hes a good LB, gets lots of tackles, and is alot of times near the plays, i know people were pissed when we paid so much money for him, but why gotta pay alot of money for players to come to houston when we have never had a winning season

Alot of people hate him becuase last year he made lots of tackles, but they where like 5-6 yards down field.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

It's leftover from last year. He was brought in to be a MLB, and he clearly couldn't handle the duties.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Greenwood still didn't play up to his contract, BUT he was much closer to it from the will than he was as a MLB. At MLB he was an overpaid Foreman--lots of tackles and lots of yards given up before the tackles.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

My problem with Greenwood is that I expect LBs to be the guys making the defense work. Greenwood seems to be OK with just not making a lot of mistakes - I could tolerate that if he were playing FS. He's not fast enough for that position, though. I could probably also deal with it if he were tough enough to be the strongside backer - just tie up the blocker and let DeMeco make the play. However, he's our weakside backer. He needs to be playing with aggression.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read