Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default A.J. and our other receivers.

A while back we had a thread critisizing A.J. and Moulds for sub-par pre-season performances. So I would like to start this thread and say that they did a real good job today. I think they both lived up to their elite status. We should find a way to get them the ball more often. I think we have the personnel that if we can't resurrect the running game we can succeed with our passing game. I was actually really disappointed with Putzier when he had a couple of drops and a missed blocking assignments, and through all those mistakes I had to ask myself, where was Daniels, I thought he was supposed to be our starter. Speaking of people I didn't hear about where was Walters tonight, was he out. I don't remember him doing anything tonight. Hopefully we begin to spread the ball around more, but tonight Moulds and A.J. shined everyone else was almost non-existent.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
MrMeToo
All Pro

I agree. They both were great today. Carr finally found AJ for a long pass.I was very pleased by both reciever's perfomances.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

that was a beautiful pass for about 40 yards by carr to andre! hopefully this is the stuff we are gonna see in weeks to come...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
MrMeToo
All Pro

AJ is a beast. Probably the most underrated receiver in the NFL. If Carr would stop being jealous of him ( ) and get him the ball, then he will be considered one of the best receivers in the league.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
AJ is a beast. Probably the most underrated receiver in the NFL. If Carr would stop being jealous of him ( ) and get him the ball, then he will be considered one of the best receivers in the league.
Don't you get it! Carr is a selfish player! He wants commercials, his own shoe line, and he wants to lead the team in throwing, AND receiving! The guy is a cancer, he's even worse than that Owens guy! We need to drop him before he knocks down to a 6-10 season like Owens did to the Eagles!

Holy crap, where did that come from? (I think I'm channeling the spirit of a very sarcastic person .... or an ESPN writer)

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 09-10-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Putzier is the one who needed to step up his game today. 2 passes which definitely should have been caught and a third which was errantly thrown but catchable.
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Walter did play today. He had that one catch that he fumbled (McKinney recovered).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read