Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Looking ahead to Indianapolis Colts:

I'd like to compare them to the Colts:

QB: Indy
RB: Eagles
WRs: Indy by a long shot
OL: Indy
DL: Push. Although Indy's DL is much younger, and probably better at pass rush
LB: Indy again
Secondary: Push I guess

Is anyone else very nervous about this? We are up for a VERY rough week. Indy's OL is better, their QB is better, and their WR corps is better than the Iggles. Imagine what Payton will do with 8 seconds in the pocket. Ouch
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Mathis is going to have a field day!

But our D played Manning well last time so lets hope! I remember one year they had to make a last 1:00 comeback to beat us. I'll have hope but Im not fooling myself.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That is going to be one nasty game if we don't fix a lot of things quick. Preseason's over.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley
We are going to get torched by 30 if we play like we did today. Philly has one legit receiver; Indy has 3 + a solid TE.....do the math
We got torched because of Phillies RBs(and of course our abysmal pass rush, but I thought I'd add something new to the debate), few people on this board gave Westbrook any credit, even fewer gave Buckhalter any credit.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Yeah, Philly was good. Also, I think you can make a pretty good case the Philly's O-line is better then Indy's, especially in run blocking. I think we could be able to take away the run and focus on Peyton. Lets see how the Giants play them and if they have any success
Old 09-10-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

What I think killed us was Philly's ground game. Can Indy do that without Edge? I was actually moer worried about Philly than I am about Indy.
Old 09-10-2006   #7
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I'd like to compare them to the Colts:

QB: Indy
RB: Eagles
WRs: Indy by a long shot
OL: Indy
DL: Push. Although Indy's DL is much younger, and probably better at pass rush
LB: Indy again
Secondary: Push I guess

Is anyone else very nervous about this? We are up for a VERY rough week. Indy's OL is better, their QB is better, and their WR corps is better than the Iggles. Imagine what Payton will do with 8 seconds in the pocket. Ouch
Are you on crack? You think Indy has a better offensive and defensive line, better Linebackers and the secondary is a push? Dude, you need to wake up, and quit posting dumb comments.

Quick, name me any two starters for the colts in their secondary? I know who Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis and Lito Shepard are. Who is in the Colts secondary?

The Colts are good because they run their system to perfection, and they have a QB who knows how to exploit defenses. The Colts defense is "good" because the Colts offense makes the other team one dimensional.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If our D is aggressive I think we will look much better against the Colts. I hope that Smith called contain so many times, because he didn't want to let McNabb out of the pocket, but Manning is less mobile so I am hoping, more like on my knees praying that he will be fearless and let our guys pin their ears back and take the chance. Make Manning at least work for his passes.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
If our D is aggressive I think we will look much better against the Colts. I hope that Smith called contain so many times, because he didn't want to let McNabb out of the pocket, but Manning is less mobile so I am hoping, more like on my knees praying that he will be fearless and let our guys pin their ears back and take the chance. Make Manning at least work for his passes.
I'm inclined to think that was it, remember earlier in the week the defensive players said that they had to practice for Donovan McNabb differently because they needed to contain him.
Old 09-10-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2
Are you on crack? You think Indy has a better offensive and defensive line, better Linebackers and the secondary is a push? Dude, you need to wake up, and quit posting dumb comments.

Quick, name me any two starters for the colts in their secondary? I know who Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis and Lito Shepard are. Who is in the Colts secondary?

The Colts are good because they run their system to perfection, and they have a QB who knows how to exploit defenses. The Colts defense is "good" because the Colts offense makes the other team one dimensional.

Hahaha are you kidding me?

Freeney and Mathis are pass rushing animals! Corey Simon was great laast year too.

Bob Sanders and Michael Doss are maybe the best Safety combination in the league, their DBs aren't bad, and June, their LB, was also a monster.

They had 3 players selected to the 2005 probowl on defense. You wake up.
Old 09-10-2006   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i say pman drops 320 and and 3 td's on our secondary.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #12
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are going to get torched by 30 if we play like we did today. Philly has one legit receiver; Indy has 3 + a solid TE.....do the math

you need to shut your mouth already, and stop lookin at things to negative, your pissin me off and a whole bunch of other people already
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
you need to shut your mouth already, and stop lookin at things to negative, your pissin me off and a whole bunch of other people already
Calm down, he's allowed his opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.

Note: There is no such thing as a wrong opinion, its just a joke.
Old 09-10-2006   #14
MrMeToo
All Pro

I hope Carr keeps AJ involved next week like he did today .
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeney is a BUST!!! He's getting shut out!!!!

dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Manning looks at least a little human
Old 09-10-2006   #17
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

The Colts are a better team offensively than the Eagles, they are strong on D too but not as strong as the Eagles D is IMO. The Texans traditionally play poorly over the stretch against the Colts, and the Broncos haven't faired too well against them in the recent past either. I think the Colts will take this one convincingly, although our run game will look modestly better. The crying over MW will get worse before it gets better, IMO.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Hahaha are you kidding me?

Freeney and Mathis are pass rushing animals! Corey Simon was great laast year too.

Bob Sanders and Michael Doss are maybe the best Safety combination in the league, their DBs aren't bad, and June, their LB, was also a monster.

They had 3 players selected to the 2005 probowl on defense. You wake up.
I will give you that Freeney and Mathis were great pass rushers last year. But the Colts picked up Corey Simon from who? Anyone? That's right, the Eagles, and the last time I checked, the Eagles aren't to bad at pass rushing themselves. They just had a lot of injuries last year.

Sanders and Doss the best Safety combination in the league? No way are they better than Dawkins and Lewis of the Eagles. The Redskins and Steelers also have better Safties, just to name a few. Add to that the fact that the Eagles secondary is so good it allows them to blitz like crazy.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Maybe you just need a new team? And that goes for the rest of the naysayers...leave please, I love my koolaid and rose colored glasses, and I don't apologize to anyone for being a Homer....just find a team that pleases ya, cause apparently this one ain't gonna cut it for ya...have a nice day
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Why?

This team is gioig to get destroyed if we play like we did today

I'm sorry that you can't the truth

Keep the rose colored glasses ojn and ignore the fact that we sucked today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Calm down, he's allowed his opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.

Note: There is no such thing as a wrong opinion, its just a joke.

P.S. We didn't suck today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read