Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do YOU blame for this loss?
Coaches 12 6.86%
Offense 2 1.14%
Defense 50 28.57%
The Whole Team 66 37.71%
David Carr 6 3.43%
The D Line 13 7.43%
The O Line 9 5.14%
My Mother 17 9.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Who Do YOU Blame For this Loss?

I saw the same game as you did. I sit in the end zone in the 500 level and have been there in the same seats from Day 1. But had mixed feelings about this loss since we cannot blame Capers.
Old 09-10-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you can't stop Westbrook from running down the middle at the end of the 4th quarter, you deserve to lose. He's great in space, but he's not a between the tackles bruiser, and thats what he looked like at the end of the game.

Our DL was embarassing in pass rush
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I put the D-Line because so much of our defensive success this year relies on them.
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I am taking option I since it isn't listed: The defense as a whole, the offensine line, and your mother HomeBred.

And before anyone gets all crazy that I am personally attacking HomeBred, his mother was one of the choices to blame the game on.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
Dime
Hall of Fame

There is No one person that cost this team the game. It failed on every aspect. Entire Team can be the only answer.
Old 09-10-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, it falls mostly to the defense as a whole. Not good up front and leaky deep. Probably about 60% on them and 25% on the O-line and the rest just generally spread around.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I am taking option I since it isn't listed: The defense as a whole, the offensine line, and your mother HomeBred.

And before anyone gets all crazy that I am personally attacking HomeBred, his mother was one of the choices to blame the game on.
So far she has 2 votes, LOL....

I told her she needed to do those chunky soup commercials for the Texans...

All is good....
Old 09-10-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

got a double post for some reason...

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 09-10-2006 at 06:42 PM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I say defense, couldn't cover Stallworth, gave McNabb all the time in the world to throw, couldn't stop the run....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

We just got beat by a better team, no one played poor, just poor at times.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I blame Casserly, and Capers, they left the mess for Kubiak to clean up...
Old 09-10-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Two players had good games on the Texans.... Carr and Ryans.

The defense gave it up. Holes in coverage, getting beat by Westbrook and Buckhalter in numerous flare/screen plays (except one where Dunta shut it down).

David Carr had success when he played deep. I can't believe I am saying it but he really did well with the deep passes. Kubiak may be onto something here....

Our running game was unsuccessful due to the fact that the Eagles D-line is so strong, especially when they are against the Texans O-line. Five sacks, but I wasn't surprised by that. What surprised me is how well David played. He dogged one sack (I admit it was his fault, he could have avoided it), but three of them were not his fault whatsoever... just the Eagles D-line and a tough blitz.

Ryans shut down many plays. He is the future leader of this Texans defense. I can't wait to see what he can do once we get moving.

All in all.... I really can't say I expected much. The first quarter was a mirage... we played really well for a while. But we had to face the fact that their D-line was just too much for us at current strength.

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 09-10-2006 at 06:57 PM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6578 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame Reggie Bush
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I saw the same game as you did. I sit in the end zone in the 500 level and have been there in the same seats from Day 1. But had mixed feelings about this loss since we cannot blame Capers.
I was in 634 and from where I sat the whole team stunk. 14 rushing yards for a whole half!?

To top it off I was sitting with a bunch of eagle fans and if the guy in front of me stood up one more time to sing fly eagles fly and spread out his arms like he was an eagle I was going to thump him in the ear.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #15
samomin
Veteran

I blame the Eagles. How dare a team with Super Bowl experience not lose to us?
Old 09-10-2006   #16
phan1
All Pro

Weren't we supposed to have a good DL this year? What the hell happened out there today! And it's not like it's Mario Williams that didn't play well either. That whole entire unit got thrashed today. VERY VERY VERY dissappointed with them. Eagles Oline just dominated them.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The D, they were highly regarded in the preseason.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

How about: The Eagles?
Old 09-10-2006   #19
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Richard Smith, I thought he said they were gonna be aggressive and take chances. I didn't see that many blitz packages and considering how great our DL was I was surprised at this. Also I don't think I saw any 3-4 fronts. Nope I don't think I saw it even once. Another thing is I don't know when he called contain or anything, so my thing is why didn't our ends ever get after McNabb. I mean overall I gotta say Smith made alot of rookie DC mistakes and he needs to work on that. I wish he would go through a stretch where he just told the line to pin their ears back and get after it so we could know if it was the play calling or the play on the field.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

We just lost to the better team. Are we blinded to the point to feel that other teams should just lose to us because: Kubiak is the new head coach, our front office had the "nads" to draft Mario instead of Reggie to make our team better, better coordinators, and most importantly a 3-1 PRESEASON record?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read