Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default List of positives:

To go against my list of grievances

1. We were 2-14 last year. We are showing improvement
2. David Carr looked great
3. Moulds + AJ. Maybe Shannahan the kid is good?
4. DeMeco Ryans - Thought he could have pursued a little better, but not bad
5. Our offense - No turnovers is pretty good
6. Kubiak will be forthcoming with the facts about the loss
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
We were 2-14 last year. We are showing improvement
I think that this is the only one that matters.

Our schedule is gonna kill us this year as well. I think we'll have a battle-hardened group of guys when the season's over.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still no more intimidated by our schedule than I was before this game. We just all need to accept that we've got a ways to go and the Texans will be better in the second half of the season than in the first half. At least that's how it will play out if we really are getting better.

Under positives I'd put the play of David Carr and his receivers. AJ and Moulds had pretty good games. DeMeco Ryans did very well IMO considering he is a rookie starting his first NFL game.

On the downside we didn't protect the QB worth a damn and our defense didn't get near theirs. McNabb could have made himself a bowl of Campbells Chunky soup back there and eaten it on most plays before we got near him. This in turn made our very ordinary defensive backfield look downright lousy.

Also I never imagined that our running game was going to look like that. I now know the reason why Kubiak went out and signed Ron Dayne. We obviously need him and that is true even if he is completely ordinary. Today we were far less than ordinary so Dayne will (hopefully) be an upgrade or be able to take up some of the slack until one of our younger guys steps up (Hello? Morency? Fans to Vernand Morency, come in Morency!).
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah, I'd like to add that Gary Kubiak needs to leave Mario Williams in one place. Mario isn't the second coming of Deacon Jones and nobody is "worried" about where Mario is. He's a rookie who needs to learn to play well at one position and this moving him around garbage is slowing his development down and hurting our defense.

Moving him around like they have been is a stupid gimmick that smacks of Dom Capers & Co. leaving the roof open so the Pittsburgh Steelers will get really, really hot in the sun and be tired. It's so stupid that it's hard to bring up without feeling embarrassed for the fool who came up with the idea.

Cut it out Gary, teach him one position at a time.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
I think that this is the only one that matters.

Our schedule is gonna kill us this year as well. I think we'll have a battle-hardened group of guys when the season's over.

Very true could of not said it better.......
Old 09-10-2006   #6
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Oh yeah, I'd like to add that Gary Kubiak needs to leave Mario Williams in one place. Mario isn't the second coming of Deacon Jones and nobody is "worried" about where Mario is. He's a rookie who needs to learn to play well at one position and this moving him around garbage is slowing his development down and hurting our defense.

Moving him around like they have been is a stupid gimmick that smacks of Dom Capers & Co. leaving the roof open so the Pittsburgh Steelers will get really, really hot in the sun and be tired. It's so stupid that it's hard to bring up without feeling embarrassed for the fool who came up with the idea.

Cut it out Gary, teach him one position at a time.
This was my take on that also. Be a master of 1, instead of a novice at several....
Old 09-10-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
To go against my list of grievances

1. We were 2-14 last year. We are showing improvement
2. David Carr looked great
3. Moulds + AJ. Maybe Shannahan the kid is good?
4. DeMeco Ryans - Thought he could have pursued a little better, but not bad
5. Our offense - No turnovers is pretty good
6. Kubiak will be forthcoming with the facts about the loss
Agreed, gtexan. I think that this loss, while painful, is helpful. We had success early, and I think Kubiak will start being able to reproduce that later in the game.
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Yeah I agree our schedule is pretty tough, I see us going 0-4.

BUT this is about positives:

1. Carr looked good
2. We threw deep to AJ (albeit once)
3. I think our O line after discussing it played somewhat decent despite 5 sacks
4. DEMECO! and I was not a fan of him being our 2nd rounder!
5. BENNIE JOPPRU IS NOT INJURED AND MADE IT TO THE SEASON!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read