Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN is right

I for one B****ed about ESPN not giving us credit for drafting OL, hiring a new OL coach, and adopting a new scheme. They said we didn't make changes to our OL, and I thought it was ignorance.

5 sacks. Ouch
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I for one B****ed about ESPN not giving us credit for drafting OL, hiring a new OL coach, and adopting a new scheme. They said we didn't make changes to our OL, and I thought it was ignorance.

5 sacks. Ouch
The 5 sacks were a product of a really good Defense (Mostly their DC), No running game (Blame goes to OL and RBs for that one), and obvious passing situations.
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Snapple
Veteran

At least Eric Moulds is better than Gaffney and Bradford.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
At least Eric Moulds is better than Gaffney and Bradford.
Combined.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

True
Old 09-10-2006   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

5 sacks. Ouch
the season isn't over yet.

Give philly some credit, they have one of the better D-lines in the NFL and their guys get paid too.

Philly was a good test for the Texans and it showed they still have a long ways to go. Yes our guys played poorly, but I will tell you right now we have more talent than we ever had. Things will come together.

After watching every single game last year, I learned that you need to look for the positive in each game. The positive in this game is that I think David Carr might be the right man for the job.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

We were all proclaiming the Bills as legitimate 2005 superbowl contenders after they played us. Lets hope the Eagles aren't the same
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

ESPN spoke about the Texans???

Sure it was not Boston, Yankees or the ever going TO and the Cowboys?

God I hope Lightning strikes ESPN!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
We were all proclaiming the Bills as legitimate 2005 superbowl contenders after they played us. Lets hope the Eagles aren't the same
So you would rather get beat by non superbowl contenders? I'm confused.

The Eagles have been a good team for awhile now (Last year was a freak soap opera)
Old 09-10-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

What I'm saying is that after last year, we all thought our team was OK because "The Bills D is great"

It turns out we stunk

We are all saying the same thing about the Iggles. All I'm saying is lets hope the Iggles really are that good, and don't just appear so great because they were playing us
Old 09-10-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
The 5 sacks were a product of a really good Defense (Mostly their DC), No running game (Blame goes to OL and RBs for that one), and obvious passing situations.
I agree with that, except for the RB part. Our backs are capable but they had no opportunities. Reggie Bush himself would have struggled today.

I wonder if ESPN would be criticizing the Texans if they had drafted Reggie Bush, let Mario pass, and had the defense play like they did today? Fat chance.
Old 09-10-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

a few of the sacks can be blamed, at least partially, on Carr as well. I give him credit for having a great game.. but he lacks awareness. He was getting pegged by that outside rusher...and he just didnt seem to see it coming.

COurse, has hasnt had a pocket in 4 years..so i bet he hasnt dusted off the old "pocket awareness" in a long time.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
I agree with that, except for the RB part. Our backs are capable but they had no opportunities. Reggie Bush himself would have struggled today.

I wonder if ESPN would be criticizing the Texans if they had drafted Reggie Bush, let Mario pass, and had the defense play like they did today? Fat chance.
All your ESPN hating is hilarious and shows a serious inferiority complex among some fans....I agree ESPN's baseball coverage is atrocious and total East Coast bias but their NFL coverage is generally pretty strong and unbiased. It's not ESPN's fault that we reached and drafted the workout warrior Mario.

If we wouldnt have drafted Mario, there would have been no difference because Mario didn't make a difference anyway. Trust me guys, ESPN doesnt stay awake at night thinking of ways our franchise can be made a fool of. Our front office and ownership are already wayyyyyy ahead of them in those regards....

Oh and remember we could have had John Abraham. That dude was busting skulls for Atlanta, so instead we overpay for Weaver (who wasn't terrible but hardly a difference maker) and pay just about the same money Abraham is getting....

P.S. OMFG this SUnday Night Football intro with Pink is vomit inducing...I can't stand NBC's broadcast...it is nigh unwatchable

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
If we wouldnt have drafted Mario, there would have been no difference because Mario didn't make a difference anyway. Trust me guys, ESPN doesnt stay awake at night thinking of ways our franchise can be made a fool of. Our front office and ownership are already wayyyyyy ahead of them in those regards....

doug from the woodlands
Excellent comment! One of the best that I have read thus far!
Old 09-10-2006   #15
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and remember we could have had John Abraham. That dude was busting skulls for Atlanta, so instead we overpay for Weaver (who wasn't terrible but hardly a difference maker) and pay just about the same money Abraham is getting....

doug from the woodlands
John Abraham had NO desire to come here...He was strictly Atlanta or bust...plus...I believe Atlanta gave up a nice amount of compensation for him
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #16
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
All I'm saying is lets hope the Iggles really are that good, and don't just appear so great because they were playing us

Yeah, tell me about it. LMAO!!!!!!!!!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #17
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

On a lighter note...how 'bout demeco...i thought he did fantastic.
Old 09-10-2006   #18
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

5 sacks. Ouch
Game 1 after a 2 win season.

What were you expecting, 16 - 0?

Boo-frick'n-hoo.
Old 09-10-2006   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Game 1 after a 2 win season.

What were you expecting, 16 - 0?

Boo-frick'n-hoo.
How about some pass rush by our billion-are DLmen?
How about some protection from our OL?
How about some running yardage from our new zone blocking gurus?

Boo-frick'n-hoo to you if you can't see that we failed to show even slight improvement in some key areas
Old 09-10-2006   #20
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
All your ESPN hating is hilarious and shows a serious inferiority complex among some fans....I agree ESPN's baseball coverage is atrocious and total East Coast bias but their NFL coverage is generally pretty strong and unbiased. It's not ESPN's fault that we reached and drafted the workout warrior Mario.

P.S. OMFG this SUnday Night Football intro with Pink is vomit inducing...I can't stand NBC's broadcast...it is nigh unwatchable

doug from the woodlands
DUDE ESPN SUCKS, THEY ARE BY FAR THE MOST NORTHERN BIASED PROGRAM IN THE WORLD! EVERYTHING IS PHILLY, YANK, BOSTON, JETS, GIANTS, NEW ENGLAND, CLEVLAND, BENGALS, AND PITT. THEY SPEAK HIGHLY OF REGGIE BUSH BUT NOT N.O. THEY SPEAK HIGHLY OF ALBERT PUJ. BUT NOT ST. LOUIS. BERKMAN HAS BEEN AWSOME YEAR IN YEAR OUT AND HE IS NEVER ON SPORTS CENTER. ESPN SUCKS
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read