Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander
Default Who played well?

With all these negative threads I just thought I could start one I wanted to read. Who played better or at least as good as you thought they could?

*David Carr - Win or Lose I thought he played much better then any game this preseason. He is still holding onto the ball too long sometimes, but he played good.

*DeMeco Ryans - Was he all over the place or what? I didn't get the stats, but I think he had like 9 tackles in the first half.

*Eric Moulds / Andre Johnson - Both guys really showed up today. Showing that they will be a great tandem this year.

*Lewis Sanders - While no one in our secondary played great I thought he did a very respectable job.

*Charles Spencer - Some of you may be ripping into him, but I thought for a rookie he had a very respectable game.

Let me know if I missed anyone. They say that the biggest improvement is from week 1 to week 2 in the NFL. Lets just hope that the Colts sleep on what we can do and we shock them in their house.

Go Texans!
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Dunta had some real nice plays.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I thought Dunta had some real nice plays.
The diving interception by Simmons was cool.

There were some amazing plays for both teams this game.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr. He didn't play great, but he played very well in his first real game under Kubiak. I think it's only going to get better from here.

Demeco Ryans. He was everywhere. One of the few bright spots on defense.

Dunta Robinson. He layed down a few hard hits and didn't have many balls thrown towards him.

Andre Johnson/Moulds. Nice to see AJstretch the field and not get double teamed. Moulds was the best reciever today though.

Riot, I'll have to disagree with you on Lewis Sanders. I thought the Eagles offense was basically just picking on him. Donte Stallworth got the better of him I think.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
With all these negative threads I just thought I could start one I wanted to read. Who played better or at least as good as you thought they could?

*David Carr - Win or Lose I thought he played much better then any game this preseason. He is still holding onto the ball too long sometimes, but he played good.

*DeMeco Ryans - Was he all over the place or what? I didn't get the stats, but I think he had like 9 tackles in the first half.

*Eric Moulds / Andre Johnson - Both guys really showed up today. Showing that they will be a great tandem this year.

*Lewis Sanders - While no one in our secondary played great I thought he did a very respectable job.

*Charles Spencer - Some of you may be ripping into him, but I thought for a rookie he had a very respectable game.

Let me know if I missed anyone. They say that the biggest improvement is from week 1 to week 2 in the NFL. Lets just hope that the Colts sleep on what we can do and we shock them in their house.

Go Texans!
Except for changing the word 'good' for Carr to 'decent', i will agree with everything else.
Old 09-10-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I thought Sanders got torn up several times, he assumed the PBuc role of being abused because other teams dont throw at Drob. Speaking of Drob, he was in good position on that Stalworth catch at the 5 at the end of the first half but couldnt make a play, other then that he made some great open field tackles and ussually saw very few thrown his way.

Obviously Moulds and AJ were great, no drops, a couple of penalites that arnt seen in the stats but still helped the team, and they combined for about 170 yards and a TD.

Carr- best game in about a season and a half. Mostly good decisions in terms of throwing, really spread the ball around. The 5 sacks are something we have often seen, but I think only 1 is on him. Keep it up David.

Ryans- had about 9 tackles in the first half and often around the ball, of to a good start.
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not our defense on 3rd down and we didn't get the run blocking that we needed(props to Eagles defense)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

The Cheerleaders!!!

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Demeco Ryans all the way........
Old 09-10-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
The diving interception by Simmons was cool.
It wasn't a dive, it was more like a reach and backwards tumble. One handed catch. I think that was the best interception in Texans history.

David Carr. Played well, played deep. Hit Moulds and AJ often and accurately. Made few mistakes, dogged a sack.

Demeco Ryans. Leader on defense. Made plays and ended plays. Love this kid.

Moulds/AJ. Played very well. I am so excited about our WR situation that I can't sit still. Seriously. Cannot wait until our pass block improves.

Dunta. By the end of the game he was predicting the offenses moves.... too bad he was the practically the only one.

All in all it went as I expected. Cannot wait til the Skins game. predicting a win for next week would be beyond me right now... Colts are still just too tough. We may get a lot of points though.... their D is slipping.
Old 09-10-2006   #11
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I agree here, as much as I would like to say that the Texans will win at Indy I don't believe that. I just hope we show improvement, and give them a run for their money.

Now back to the topic:

DeMeco Ryans: Looking very good for DROY.
Old 09-10-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demmeco keep putting up 10-12 tackles a game and he will be the DROY. Of course that probably means our front 4 are total crap for that to happen.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr looked good.
Demeco made some plays.
Simmons pick was sweet.
E MEEEEEEEZ-E.........What can you say the guy still has a little prime in him.
Andre.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The "pairs" did best.

Ryans and Robinson continue to look great.

Moulds/Johnson was also stalwart.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #15
HeartofHouston
Veteran

The first drive evreybody played beautifully.. but when it fizzled out the only people I could really give credit to was.. DeMeco Ryans, Eric Moulds and ANdre Johnson.
Old 09-10-2006   #16
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Robinson, Moulds, Johnson, Carr and of course Demeco.

Despite the loss I am happy about this game.
Old 09-10-2006   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Carr, Moulds, AJ, and Ryans.

Lewis Sanders??! I spit all over my keyboard when I read that one!! He just burned, pure and simple!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
phan1
All Pro

Demeco Ryans tore it up for my fantasy league. He was just awsome.

Our WR core were what we expected them to be: pretty darn good.

Carr was much better than what I thought he'd be.

And that's about it guys.... Pretty sad... We are so weak in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco Ryans played the best MLB we have had since year 2's Jamie Sharper, (year 3's #55 showed a little slippage).

And as much as I hate to say it. Carr was much better than this preseason. He showed flashes of being able to lead this team. Go look at Plummer's 1st day with Denver 3 years ago, and Carr beat those numbers. So there maybe hope after all.

AJ and Moulds looked real good in the first half. Finally a down field throw to AJ.

Thought Spencer played well, not great but well for a first game.

If Carr had been able to stay in bounds in the 4th and get a 1st down in the red zone this could have been a new game. So not a bleak day completely.

We still need an upgrade at CB2. Some maturation from the young safeties, Williams, and Travis Johnson. We are not as bleak as we were at this point last year.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Wow I talked about Demeco so much I forgot to mention Dunta Robinson, looked great.....hope he makes the pro-bowl someday.......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read