Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default watching the game again

first couple of drives. we are up 7 to 0. hard to find many negatives.

fulback missed a block on the first play from scrimmage play wasnt going far anyway.

flanagan hasnt looked like a probowler hes got beat a couple of times already.

spencer has been holding his own. having to work hard but not being taken advantage of.

mario hasnt done anything and i havent seen the double teams yet.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm going to watch my Tivo recording tonight on Tivo. I always like to see the games on TV, even if I saw it live earlier.
Old 09-10-2006   #3
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

flanagan and spencer get beat on a run to the left.

im not sure coach reid said watch this before their first td. kinda looks like it but my guess is no.

saw one of the helment guys who used to sit beside me.

mario still not doing anything and not getting doubled.

looks like they are having trouble with babin and i have seen him get doubled at least once.

payne got double in the middle and they ate him up for an 8 or 9 yard gain.

bush would of had the same amount of yards as any other back in the league after the first 3 series. 5 maybe 6 yards.
Old 09-10-2006   #4
utahmark
markbeth

pitts had a bad series. first play he pancaked someone. after that his guy made the tackle on 2 running plays and twice someone got between him and spencer, the second time was for a sack. pitts was looking for someone to block as the defender goes inbetween him and spencer. spencer at least got a hand on the guy. i hadnt noticed pitts before this drive so my guess is he was doing alright.

morency missed a block for a sack. carr had about 2 and a half seconds. i dont think either of the first 2 sacks was on carr.

mcnabb should have 2 ints at this point.

babin is the only d lineman looking good. 92 got some pressure on mcnabb once. i guess thats weaver.

lewis sanders is looking alright.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Hey guys do me a favor, please.

While watching the tape again, I don't have it recorded so I cannot do this, but from my seat at the stadium, I noticed Super Mario not being so Super.

On 1 play in particular, I think Ryans gets a sack. Look and watch to see what Mario is doing if it shows this on TV.

What I saw at the game was him standing up on the snap, he is playing DE, and taking a step back, and then just standing there. Doing nothing....

See if what I saw was real or did I fall asleep and imagine that....
Old 09-10-2006   #6
CMoak1982
Rookie

Ryans did not get a sack, the only sack we got was by Weaver on a scramble to the strong side by McNabb.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
CMoak1982
Rookie

When you spot Mario getting man handled look at the other 3 getting the same.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoak1982
Ryans did not get a sack, the only sack we got was by Weaver on a scramble to the strong side by McNabb.
K, then Ryans got to the RB before he got out of the backfield.

Ryans made a tackle behind the line of scrimmage in the game, either on the QB or RB and on that play, I saw Super Mario acting lost. See if that shows, please. Not being picky, just trying to remember what happened. A few Coronas can do that to a man you know... Along with old age, LOL.....
Old 09-10-2006   #9
utahmark
markbeth

nice pass by carr to aj inside the 10

flanagan gets flatened allowing the rt side of the line to stuff the run to the lt.

carr has to realize that when there are more guys coming on one side than you have blockers that you will get sacked if you dont get rid of it. sack inside of 10 right before half was on carr. took us out of any chance to score a td.

mario did get doubled a few times on the eagles drive before the half.

mcnabb is getting way to comfortable. something carr has never had the luxery of.

robinson gets beat. he a better run stopper than cover guy.

do we have any lb's are am i just keying to much on the lineman.

halftime.
Old 09-10-2006   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
K, then Ryans got to the RB before he got out of the backfield.

Ryans made a tackle behind the line of scrimmage in the game, either on the QB or RB and on that play, I saw Super Mario acting lost. See if that shows, please. Not being picky, just trying to remember what happened. A few Coronas can do that to a man you know... Along with old age, LOL.....

i think it was early in the game first drive in fact. im past that now but will watch for you after i finish.
Old 09-10-2006   #11
utahmark
markbeth

philly puts any doubt about who the better team is with first drive in second half. that was a strong drive.

we should of started blitzing by now.

mario, if your trying to find a bright spot he did get in pretty quick on a screen. of course they let him go through but i think they wanted to chip him a little better than that. he almost messed up the screen.

new "what do you need" commercial this time with our defense shown without any linebackers. not sure im being fair im not concentrating on these guys but i havent seen anyone but ryans make a play. shouldnt these guys be responsible for the backs out of the backfield.

our interior lineman our stuffing the middle a little better on this drive. payne and tj.

our ball down 21 to 10. better blocking by the line. to bad our te's and rb's cant block. rb misses block and carr has to throw it away then putzier misses block and carr is sacked end of a decent drive.

if kubiac's running game can get yards with any back running may i suggest he puts one back there that can block.

Last edited by utahmark; 09-10-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2006   #12
utahmark
markbeth

mario got doubled again. does look like they are showing him some extra atention. not sure why. he needs to develope a move. he goes straight ahead everytime.

babin with presure again. this is the 2cnd drive of the 2cnd half.

i like beer.

our linebackers make a tackle on a misdirection play. they were so slow on reacting to the fake they were in position for the misdirection.

our ball. weary hasnt drawn my attention yet. thats a good thing.

carrs worst series so far. trips hisself and has a ball batted down. poor drive.
Old 09-10-2006   #13
utahmark
markbeth

i guess people are actually reading this.

mario looked right around the start of the 4th. he got stood up and the back came right around his side. mario had no idea where the ball was. after that he did have a couple of run stops. still not getting any presure on the qb whether he is doubled or not.

philly cant run up the middle on us. on time early in the game not much since. of course thats not their game.

weaver got absolutly taken out by their rt tackle. and we are getting zero pressure on mcnabb. mcnabb is sacked but only because of the secondary coverage. he had plenty of time to throw the ball away. if carr would of took this sack some of you guys would of been outraged.

our ball last real chance to stay in the game. good drive.

good blocking. our rt side of the line has held up well in the pass blocking department. lt side to for that matter.(except for one series)

carr makes a play with his feet. then kills the drive with that sidearm crap. at first i thought this play was to the end zone. but it wasnt it was a stop pattern to the top of the screen and look open. if the ball wasnt deflected would have probably been a first.
Old 09-10-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
I am fwiw.
Old 09-10-2006   #15
utahmark
markbeth

philly just ran 9 min off the clock and proved they should of won this game. it could have been closer but they are the better team. i cant watch this final drive again. no one on our d could of played to well, 9 min and 2 time outs and we never see the ball again.

thats all i got.
Old 09-10-2006   #16
utahmark
markbeth

anyone notice babin he played a pretty good game.
Old 09-10-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
anyone notice babin he played a pretty good game.
Yes, I noticed
Old 09-10-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll pull this up when I check out my taped game tomorrow. I just watched the first drive again and don't want to go any further and ruin the mood before I crash for the night. I'll check back with you later.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #19
CMoak1982
Rookie

They may not be the number 1 pick but there is a 13 overall pick and a 2nd round pick, and a 9 year veteran. They as a whole should be better.
Old 09-10-2006   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'll pull this up when I check out my taped game tomorrow. I just watched the first drive again and don't want to go any further and ruin the mood before I crash for the night. I'll check back with you later.
i would be happy to hear from you. see if you saw it about the same as me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read