Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Return game

I don't think we should overlook this part of the game. Lundy, Roc Alexander (I think that's his name), and whoever else returned kicks looked terrible. We got past the 20 yard line and that's it. Did we ever start a drive off a kickoff from past the 25 yard line? This is where we need Jerome Mathis. Too bad we weren't able to stop the Eagles in order for Buchanan to get a chance at returning punts. On the one punt he did return though, he didn't get very far.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know the status of Roc? He was holding his knee after a return and then left on the cart.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Buchanon looked a little slow today on the kicks/punt he did return today.

We need Mathis back soon.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
kenneth24
Veteran

PBuc got hurt on the opening kickoff return and that was all i saw of him. He looked great in the pre-season on punts. Did i miss him back on the field or did we not get a chance to see him do what he can do?
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Houston we have a problem ! when is mathis coming back?
Old 09-10-2006   #6
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
PBuc got hurt on the opening kickoff return and that was all i saw of him. He looked great in the pre-season on punts. Did i miss him back on the field or did we not get a chance to see him do what he can do?
he was in for 1 punt return IIRC (after the opening kickoff), got a couple yards while dancing but that was all i remember seeing him on the field
Old 09-10-2006   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought many people were saying that Mathis was not as important as some were saying. The return game is often overlooked. Last year, we had the benefit of good field position on almost every drive.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Texandiver
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Houston we have a problem ! when is mathis coming back?
I think a player put on the PUP list isn't elgible to come back till week 6 of the season.
Texandiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Wow, long way week 6 ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read