Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006   #1
Barkley

Default Mario Is A Bust!

OK....I drank the kool aid when we drafted Mario thinking he might be a stud. The first mistake of the new coaching staff. HE HAS NOT DONE ONE THING TO IMPRESS, and our defense gave up over 400 yards. Nice F%$#ing game Texans. We look like last seasonm. TEERRIBLE!

0-6 here we come

Old 09-10-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

So do you judge every player on his first game?

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think mario had more tackles and the same amount of sacks as Peppers..

however. did Carolina move Peppers around like we did with Mario?

I recall mario was at DT on some 3rd down situations.
just curious
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Divebomb
Veteran

WOW mario is a Bust??? Dang, he has played one game and we should already give him the boot. he was double teamed 90% of the game but he is a bust. O.K. let me guess, no one in the history of the NFL has had 60 yards rushing and 40 yards recieving. Bush for the Hll of Fame!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2006   #5
southtexan
Veteran

I can understand your anger, heck I'm angry too but you can't call anybody a bust after one game.
Old 09-10-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley
What I saw from our defense today made me SICK! This team weill be lucky to win 1 of ita first 6 games.
If they play like the way they did today, that is true. I don't think they will though. I've confidence in the coaching and the players that they'll make adjustments as necessary to play better and better.

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, but when i see a defensive player who was drafted #1 overall (over a once in a lifetime back) and he does ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING in 3 preseason games and 1 regular season game, I am going to be concerned. Not only did he have 0 sacks and only 3 tackles, but our supposedly improved defense game up 400 yards.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!
Adrian Peterson came out last season?
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
southtexan
Veteran

I have to agree with on the defense, our defense didn't look good at all. No running game either.
Old 09-10-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
WOW mario is a Bust??? Dang, he has played one game and we should already give him the boot. he was double teamed 90% of the game but he is a bust. O.K. let me guess, no one in the history of the NFL has had 60 yards rushing and 40 yards recieving. Bush for the Hll of Fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westbrook had more yards from scrimmage: 71 yards rushing, 61 yards receiving (excluding return yards) and a TD today.
Old 09-10-2006   #10
Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK....I drank the kool aid when we drafted Mario thinking he might be a stud. The first mistake of the new coaching staff. HE HAS NOT DONE ONE THING TO IMPRESS, and our defense gave up over 400 yards. Nice F%$#ing game Texans. We look like last seasonm. TEERRIBLE!

0-6 here we come

Ridiculous comment. Way too early to tell. You're railing on the defense which did not play that well, but you should be just as concerned about the offense. No running attack and they did zip in the 2nd half.

It's going to be another tough year. We have a tough schedule and are still a below average team.
Old 09-10-2006   #11
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
If they play like the way they did today, that is true. I don't think they will though. I've confidence in the coaching and the players that they'll make adjustments as necessary to play better and better.
I agree...nothing like good ole game film to study and learn from week to week.
Old 09-10-2006   #12
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Dang, he has played one game and we should already give him the boot. he was double teamed 90% of the game but he is a bust.
Sorry, but I need to correct you there. He was NOT double teamed 90% of the time at all. I sit up in the end zone at the 500's and focused on him allot. Didn't see that at all. Did catch him however standing around during the play doing absolutely nothing. Like he was lost or something. He did not rush, looked like he was suppose to drop back in coverage, but didn't. I am not a coach and do not know his assignment, but I am pretty sure a DE is not suppose to be there standing around...

No I do not consider him a bust at all. He needs to be taught technique right now and quickly. He has not gotten past the learning curve. Only time will tell on this, not 1 game and 3 pre-season games...
Old 09-10-2006   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, but when i see a defensive player who was drafted #1 overall (over a once in a lifetime back) and he does ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING in 3 preseason games and 1 regular season game, I am going to be concerned. Not only did he have 0 sacks and only 3 tackles, but our supposedly improved defense game up 400 yards.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

Understand something here. 1 player is not a result of a defense giving up 400 yards in a game.

The responsibility mostly falls on our DB's who gave up 311 yards passing. The defensive line did a decent job with stuffing the run in the beginning of the game...but as usually happens with us, the offense began to figure out how to pick apart our defense as the game wore on.

Our DB's did an absolutely horrendous job of tackling...it made me wonder if they thought they were playing flag football with how many times they'd reach around a guy's waist and slide off. Even Dante Robinson was being manhandled all day.

The fact is that we've got new systems for both our offense and our defense. It takes time for players to adjust to an entirely new system. Just be patient and everything will turn out ok.
Old 09-10-2006   #14
Divebomb
Veteran

NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!! Peppers had 3 total tackles today and Carolina Fans are screaming for a trade because they feel he is a BUST!!! Only 3 tackles and no sacks. Peppers is washed up! LOL You Bush Homers are so sad!
Old 09-10-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bustio Williams

HAHAHHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAHHAA
Old 09-10-2006   #16
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Bustio Williams
Barkley: HAHAHA! THIS PLAY ON WORDS WILL SURELY ENTERTAIN THE TEXANS FANS!
Old 09-10-2006   #17
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
II recall mario was at DT on some 3rd down situations.
just curious
Not only that, but Mario was taken out of the game on several pass rushing 3rd down situations.
Old 09-10-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Adrian Peterson came out last season?
Adrian Peterson will be the next once in a lifetime back, then Jamal Charles and Steve Slaton, then someone else, then someone else, then someone else, then someone else,....
Old 09-10-2006   #19
tbell ncsu
Rookie

someone want to explain to me why a titans fan is on this board talking crap about mario? anyone see them get their butts handed to them by chad pennington and the jets? what about vince young promptly throwing a pick as soon as he enters the game? oh, then kerry collins... hahahaha!
Old 09-10-2006   #20
CMoak1982
Rookie

Our safety's were the reason we gave up that much yardage, the corners did decent jobs, sanders needs to hold on to the ball, and Williams was doubled alot, he needs to stay at end not DT. with that oline philly has you need mario in space not doubled by 350 pound guys. O-line of ours looked like the same old same old, Carr was responsible for maybe 1 sack.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read