Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do you want at the helm Sage or Carr ?
Carr 136 87.74%
Sage 19 12.26%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Sage Or Carr ?

After watching the first game today, what does everyone want to see, Carr or Sage in game 2 against the Colts.....David looked good at times today TD pass to Moulds, and looked bad a few times tripping on his own feet and holding onto the ball in one of his four sacks.........so what does everyone think.....I would like to see Sage against the starters somewhere down the road just to see what happens, after reading so many post from all of you on here, it's been hard for me to side, but would to know how everyone feels after today's game that counted........
Old 09-10-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
After watching the first game today, what does everyone want to see, Carr or Sage in game 2 against the Colts.....David looked good at times today TD pass to Moulds, and looked bad a few times tripping on his own feet and holding onto the ball in one of his four sacks.........so what does everyone think.....I would like to see Sage against the starters somewhere down the road just to see what happens, after reading so many post from all of you on here, it's been hard for me to side, but would to know how everyone feels after today's game that counted........
Why? ... why? ... WHY!!!!?????

Carr.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Carr was one of the few bright spots today, there is no question who the starter is and should be.
Old 09-10-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

What a retarded thread to start
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I truely want to see after today's game how everyone feel's, all the pre-season trash is gone.......So let's hear it now
Old 09-10-2006   #6
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Just one Carr hater so far, where are the rest of you that, could not stand this guy in the pre-season, I knew everyone would jump back and ride the Carr again after today......
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Texans86
All Pro

Carr did a heck of a lot with very little help. I'm sure the thread from earlier in the week will pop up about how if the running game isn't successful, then the Texans won't be successful. We saw first hand how that works out. There were five sacks today, four by missed blocks, and Carr only had one pass batted down. If we can get some balance and some blocking, he could be a very good quarterback if he plays like he did today.
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sage would have pulled out a "W"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Why does this remind me of the 2005 season when everyone was begging for Ragone to start? Whos he play for again?? Anyways, Carr looked good today and in control despite getting sacked 5 times (once by himself). I think he needs to do a better job when he dumps off to our RBs (he screwed them over afew times), but other than that, he looks vastly improved.
Old 09-10-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr looked great. Those who voted for Sage, why? What has he proved against a real D?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Carr has improved. Now if the blocking could...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #12
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Carr looked great. Those who voted for Sage, why? What has he proved against a real D?
That's what I'm looking for some optisum here ! I told my wife the Carr haters will be hiding today........
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
That's what I'm looking for some optisum here ! I told my wife the Carr haters will be hiding today........
Wide out in the open tex...

and No.. Carr still is the QB of this team and shoouldnt be benched til the end of season ifhe doesnt improve much much more.
Old 09-10-2006   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr looked fine. The D is what fell apart in this game.
Old 09-10-2006   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Halfway through the season. If Carr shows a consistant progression from last year it's his job to keep, if not I'm willing to see what Rosenfels can do.
Old 09-10-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Carr gets so much hate...
Old 09-10-2006   #17
texanbychoice
Rookie

Default protect Carr and we can win!!!!

i think Carr has a heck of an arm if he can use it.....
texanbychoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Carr has improved. Now if the blocking could...
AMEN!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #19
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6653 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

I put sage but I dont really think he would have done any better. Sage is a herb and I love me some herbs.
Didnt Carr looks great today? Lets hope he can keep it up!
Topher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Hope to see more of David and Eric hooking up again......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read