Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
Divebomb
Veteran

Default My pee pee hurts

Well at least we only have 15 more games to wait and we will get a legit NFL caliber Running Back. He is a perfect fit for the one cut and turns it up field kinda back. Lundy does not brak any tackles, and Kubiak thinks he is better than Morency. Well it looks like it is going to be a long season.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
RocKetHtown
Rookie

we dont need him we need to toss the ball on 1st down more
RocKetHtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't tell Kris Brown.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Well at least we only have 15 more games to wait and we will get a legit NFL caliber Running Back. He is a perfect fit for the one cut and turns it up field kinda back. Lundy does not brak any tackles, and Kubiak thinks he is better than Morency. Well it looks like it is going to be a long season.
We don't need him. Any RB works in our new system. I think next year will be a QB or another DL Man.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Every "new" team goes through this, some worse than others. You know you could always sell your tickets, ebay your all you gear, move from Texas, and cut your loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

If the light at the end of the tunnel is play-off contention, then I'm with you. It is still very far away. If it is for a more competitive team, game-to-game, then the Texans are closer than you think.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texplayer2
We don't need him. Any RB works in our new system. I think next year will be a QB or another DL Man.
If we spend one more 1st round pick on our Dline, I'm going to lose it. We already have 3 of them. Lets go with DB in the first. We need have giant drop off in talent between our #1 and #2 DB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

The poor running play today was more on an excellent Philly defense than on us. They left our wideouts in single coverage all day, in order to shut down the run and we took advantage of that several times.

Our two problems were pass protection and failure to recognize the run was accomplishing nothing - we had one run of more than 3 yards until Philly seemed to go into prevent mode.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Personally, I'm hoping for another LB in the 1st and a FS in the 2nd. In any case, I don't expect to be picking top 10.

I didn't really trust Lewis Sanders, but I haven't seen him smoked, either today or in pre-season.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for adrian peterson to come to the Texans however... we need LB and secondary help
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I'd love for adrian peterson to come to the Texans however... we need LB and secondary help
They can get that thru free agency...
Old 09-10-2006   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
They can get that thru free agency...
Never again :brickwall Demeco is proof that we need to go for LBs early in the Draft, Free Agency just doesn't do it for us. I do NOT want another Greenwood.
Old 09-10-2006   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

we dont need a great running back. Anyone can run in the system that kubes has installed. oh wait.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Demeco is proof that we need to go for LBs early in the Draft
Ever think that Demeco may be the exception? Just because we were lucky to get Demeco early this year doesn't mean that the next LB avaible in an early round is gonna be another Demeco (see Jason Babin...)
Old 09-10-2006   #15
Johnny Utah
All Pro

The Texans actually need a DE that can get some pressure on the QB.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Jason Babin was a DE, and my point is, that the Texans organization has yet to make a big FA move that has incredibly helped the defense. Ok, that may be an overstatement, but most of our Good players came from the Draft. Dunta, , Ryans I'll even throw in Babin, Peek, and Orr (Did we draft Orr?) in there, even though Babin and Peek were thrown into uncomfortable situations.

We haven't done much in FA to help this team. Weaver (Our D-line needs more leadership from this guy).
Other moves in FA to help the defense include Greenwood, and Robaire Smith

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 09-10-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #17
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

some of yall are unbelieveable, it was the first Fv<k1n game of the season. and its not like the eagles are just an average team, they are a good team
and the o-line is good and so is the QB
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes my eye twitch.
Old 09-10-2006   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

why would we all of sudden want peterson when we passed on R.Bush thats just plain Dumb We need Our own Brady a fighting Irish.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn
I don't care about the Broncos. I am a Texans fan, or at least I am trying to be.....
"Do" or "Do not",

there is no try.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read