Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
geka
Veteran

Default Fire Them Allllllll

chargers suck
lions suck
texans suck more

Davis suxs and needs to be benched
Our D suxs need to fire fangio
play calling suxs fire palmer
Team suxs need to fire capers
I will be shocked if we win any games if we get luck maybe win 2
geka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
geka
Veteran

ohh ya special teams suck need to fire that guy to
Old 09-19-2004   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a second rate coaching staff. When the Texans were created none of these guys had jobs. There is a reason they didn't.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
bigcarlos
Veteran

With the first pick in the draft. and a $25 million for 5 year guaranted contract......... That might entice Stoops to leave OU and come here.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we had to turn back into typical Houston fans eventually, right? Lose 2 games due to turnovers and cry that it's all because of the coaching. When your star RB's coughing up the ball and the points off those turnovers are the margin of victory, it's NOT JUST THE COACHES.

That's too bad. Now I can't make fun of Dolphin fans anymore. We're back.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

hahahahaha...i'm with ya'll fire the whole bunch...and while were at it fire the refs...jesus...whose the next old coach that we can bring back...i know bring back ditka
Old 09-19-2004   #7
geka
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geka
chargers suck
lions suck
texans suck more

reread my post i said DD sucks and needs to be benched
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
I guess we had to turn back into typical Houston fans eventually, right? Lose 2 games due to turnovers and cry that it's all because of the coaching. When your star RB's coughing up the ball and the points off those turnovers are the margin of victory, it's NOT JUST THE COACHES.

Actually it IS the coaching when they continue to put the ball in the hands of the fumbling RB. I understand Hollings is out, but something needs to be done. Aren't these the same coaches who benched Stacey MAck after 1 fumble last year?
Old 09-19-2004   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Forget the fumbles, the bottom line is that these coaches are not getting the job done. We'e 0-2, end of story.
Old 09-19-2004   #10
geka
Veteran

we are by far the worst team in the NFL we are regressing we need to clean the house
Old 09-19-2004   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
hahahahaha...i'm with ya'll fire the whole bunch...and while were at it fire the refs...jesus...whose the next old coach that we can bring back...i know bring back ditka
Wonder what Pardee's up to these days...
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

you guys need to leave if you dont like the texans, cuz i'm pretty sick and tired of watching you whine everytime we lose.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #13
Nerf Herder
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Forget the fumbles, the bottom line is that these coaches are not getting the job done. We'e 0-2, end of story.
It's not the coaches. You can't blame them.
Nerf Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #14
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
you guys need to leave if you dont like the texans, cuz i'm pretty sick and tired of watching you whine everytime we lose.
If we didnt like the Texans so much, why would we be so upset about a loss? Id be more worried about a fan like you who doesnt get fired up when his team goes out and turns the ball over and plays with no passion or intensity and loses 2 very winnable games.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
toronado
Rookie

[quote=TexanExile]Lose 2 games due to turnovers and cry that it's all because of the coaching. QUOTE]

I felt ok blaming the Chargers game on turnovers but not this game.

We are a bad team. Period. We may have taken a step backwards this season and if that is the case, the coaching staff may need to go.

offense - "D" - 16 points against a bad team, pathetic first half, 3 more turnovers and there should have been at least 5 more

defense - "F" - had a couple of good series but we got whipped by a rookie receiver and gave up 21 points to a bad team

special teams - "F" - automatic F for giving up a TD

coaching - "F" - I lost respect for Capers when he failed to bench Davis after the second fumble. I think Capers will be gone the moment a real coach is on the market.

we absolutely deserve to be 0 and 2, and until we prove otherwise, we may be the worst team in the league. blaming this game on turnovers is short-sighted.

so anyhow, LET'S BEAT KC!!!!
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

Nerf Herder yes we can blame the coaches...i understand that capers is a run first coach...which is fine...but when the obvious weakness to the lions defense is pass coverage and you don't attack that and when your down by more than 2 touchdowns and your still running the ball you can blame the coach...we do a great job of moving the ball but when your down in the fourth quarter running the ball should be thrown out...i mean come on if johnson can catch a 54yd touchdown pass why not try it three or four times a game
Old 09-19-2004   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by geka
chargers suck
lions suck
texans suck more

I Agree Completely...How Did We End Up Taking 3 Steps Backwards When We Were "Supposed" To Win 7-9 Games This Year? The Players Suck, But That Reflects Upon The Piss Poor Job The Coaching Staff Has Done...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
Nerf Herder yes we can blame the coaches...i understand that capers is a run first coach...which is fine...but when the obvious weakness to the lions defense is pass coverage and you don't attack that and when your down by more than 2 touchdowns and your still running the ball you can blame the coach...we do a great job of moving the ball but when your down in the fourth quarter running the ball should be thrown out...i mean come on if johnson can catch a 54yd touchdown pass why not try it three or four times a game
2 fumbles by Tiki Davis, 5 sacks, and 9 penalties (Chester Pitts had 2 false starts!!) sure didn't help either. Those are 3 huge stats that coaches can't control. We had 400+ yards of total offense, so I know we didn't have a problem moving the ball. Coaches are easy to blame, but you can't place our 0 - 2 start squarely on their shoulders. At some point you have to look at players and wonder why they can't hold on to the flippin' ball.

Quote:
chargers suck
lions suck
texans suck more

This is a good example of a hometown troll, who knows the solution to our problem yet can't manage to tackle elementary spelling and grammar. Someone who thinks that the first 2 weeks of the season are indicative of the remaining 15.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #19
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile

Too true, too true!!

Still...should I ever be so fortunate to run into Dom Capers on the street, it would be nice to just give him a shake and say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? They're on to us!!". This team needs to have some fun...I mean come on...last few minutes of the game, you're down by 12...let Carr loose...what's it going to hurt really? Worse case we turnover again and they might score...bad, I know. (But ya know...we're losing anyway...) I'd be willing to take the risk just to see some excitement in this team, to get a little wild every once in while. I don't know...maybe that's the poker player in me talking...you play tight 98% of the time, but that 2% you mix things up a bit just to keep people guessing. Remember the first season, when we used to do those crazy things, and they would actually pay off? Back then we were just the crazy new kids...now we're boring. Yay. I'm not calling for Dom's head, I just think maybe he needs to remember that it's a game and that sometimes you just say "what the hell, have fun guys". I mean, this isn't baseball.
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #20
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Make no mistake...there absolutely are some problems in the coaching decisions being made by the Texans. Anytime a team REPEATEDLY gives up huge gains on 3rd down after playing well on the first two downs (hence the 3rd-and-long!), something's up. And I think Capers would have more credibility as a no-nonsense coach if he would've applied the same policy to Davis that he did to Mack last year: you fumble the ball twice, you sit down. It would've given us a chance to let Hollings give him a break and fumble it in Davis' place awhile. (Just kidding...)

But this offense IS generating yards. Carr's one of the top-ranked passers this week again. The scheme's got problems, but firing the coach or coordinator after week 2 wouldn't do anything but make us worse. Addressing these turnovers and penalties has to be the #1 priority for Palmer. Without Davis' fumbles, we control the clock and win both these games.

Guys, let's not turn this franchise into Arizona or Chicago, where they change coaches as often as Aggies change underwear. This staff has assembled some real talent, and they deserve a chance to salvage this season.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read