Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
Ckw

Default David Carr

Come here and bash Carr all you want. But all I can tell all you Carr haters is your are either incredibly ignorant and short-sighted or you can't get over your insatiable lust for Vince Young. Our defense looked horrible. Our offensive line provided Carr with no protection. Our receivers looked pretty good, at least Moulds and AJ. And Carr is our player of the game. He came out ready to play and has shown lots of improvement. He has improved remarkably, even after getting his a** sacked like crazy. He has made some mistake, but what quarterback doesn't. I mean McNabb threw an interception, yet Philly fans will praise him. Carr made sure he held on to the ball and he hit his receivers in stride. His pass to Moulds in the first was right on. Go have fun looking at pictures of Vince Young with his shirt off all you Carr bashers, and I'll be the one to at least try and keep an open mind about the abilities of David Carr. Carr and Ryans: co-players of the game. Bring on the Carr bashing....
Old 09-10-2006   #2
NJTexanFan
Rookie

How can anyone bash Carr after that game, it was like one of his best him and Moulds and Andre were the only ones who actually showed promise the rest of the team looked like they didn't even wanna be there, Congrats Carr on a good game despite little pass protection
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr had a 102.1 passer rating and over 200 yards. He looked good. He also had some gutsy rushes.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
MrMeToo
All Pro

The only reason Carr looked good today was because ANDRE JOHNSON (THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM BY FAR).
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
Ckw

Believe me, I know Carr did great. But if you head into the official Eagles-Texans Thread, you will still see plenty of guys, or a few, bashing Carr. And all I can say is it is totally moronic. They just can't see the forest through the trees. But what can you do? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....
Old 09-10-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Carr was good today....bad defense and bad blocking and bad running blew this game for us
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814
Come here and bash Carr all you want. But all I can tell all you Carr haters is your are either incredibly ignorant and short-sighted or you can't get over your insatiable lust for Vince Young. Our defense looked horrible. Our offensive line provided Carr with no protection. Our receivers looked pretty good, at least Moulds and AJ. And Carr is our player of the game. He came out ready to play and has shown lots of improvement. He has improved remarkably, even after getting his a** sacked like crazy. He has made some mistake, but what quarterback doesn't. I mean McNabb threw an interception, yet Philly fans will praise him. Carr made sure he held on to the ball and he hit his receivers in stride. His pass to Moulds in the first was right on. Go have fun looking at pictures of Vince Young with his shirt off all you Carr bashers, and I'll be the one to at least try and keep an open mind about the abilities of David Carr. Carr and Ryans: co-players of the game. Bring on the Carr bashing....
While I agree that there were a few plays that the O-Line could have (Your gonna hate me for this, ) "executed" better. Overall though, I felt they did a decent job.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Carr played pretty good IMO. He wasn't perfect but he looked better than in the preseason.

And whats with the F*&#in SACKS!! I thought we were taking care of that problem!! :brickwall
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

That made no sense MrMeToo, given that Andre was on the team the last three years.

I'm all for witty criticisms, but that sucked.

Carr played well today. The defense and run game didn't.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #10
BlueThunder
Veteran

WE WANT WINS,WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PASSER RATINGS !
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
jeremywc
noob

Send a message via AIM to jeremywc

I think he still needs to be more mindful of when to dump the ball off when he gets hit with a blitz, but he's definitely showing improvement.

When are we going to get a working OLine?
jeremywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #12
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
While I agree that there were a few plays that the O-Line could have (Your gonna hate me for this, ) "executed" better. Overall though, I felt they did a decent job.
I do agree that the O Line did not look terrible, but by no means did they look good. In fact, I even think they deserve the label "bad". Carr performed exceptionally well, all things considered. His slip when he was sacked was terrible, but that was his only real big mistake of the day. He showed guts and more poise than we have seen from him all year. My only point is that Carr did well, but many will simply refuse to see it.
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Divebomb
Veteran

What, Carr sucks at reading the Blitz. The guy has 8 guys comming and he is so damn dumb he cant make the read. That 4th down play he couldn't even see that safety blitzing, hell he threw the ball right into the guy. Scew that, stats lie, Carr was sacked what 6 times and only one of those were not on a full out blitz. Carr sucks
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
WE WANT WINS,WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PASSER RATINGS !

Agreed.
Old 09-10-2006   #15
Divebomb
Veteran

O-line looks bad?????? Dude how can they bick up a 8 man blitz???? Carr has to make that read and get rid of the ball. Tom Brady does it all the time and he is way less mobile than Carr
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #16
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Carr looked good but out of the 4 sacks he held onto the ball a little too long on one of those sacks..... he needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing, so he does not get hurt......but overall looked good....
Old 09-10-2006   #17
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
I have to admit, that is the wittiest comeback I have ever seen in my life.
Thank you.
Old 09-10-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
What, Carr sucks at reading the Blitz. The guy has 8 guys comming and he is so damn dumb he cant make the read. That 4th down play he couldn't even see that safety blitzing, hell he threw the ball right into the guy. Scew that, stats lie, Carr was sacked what 6 times and only one of those were not on a full out blitz. Carr sucks
Shut up. Seriously. This is a stupid argument. Only one of those times was the sack Carrs fault. (the one where he fell down). The rest were blocking breakdowns.

Carr had about 10 people breathing down his neck and made his read and kicked it out. Passes get batted down on blitzes like that. How is that the QBs fault? It was a good play by the Safety, plain and simple
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #19
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

i think Carr played pretty well today. the offense was not able to get anything going as eagles controlled the game in the 2nd half
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #20
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo
You suck.
Oh my.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read