Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
Section 620
Rookie

Default Interesting .. David on "short leash"

Texans | Is Carr on a short leash?
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:13:20 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports insiders in Houston say Houston Texans QB David Carr is on a short leash for 2006. Texans' head coach Gary Kubiak likes Carr but is not in love with the former No. 1 overall pick. If Carr struggles early, Kubiak could reportedly turn to backup QB Sage Rosenfels. Rosenfels outperformed Carr in training camp and in the preseason. Kubiak, a noted quarterback guru, could decide it is Rosenfels who will be his quarterback of the future, not Carr. Regardless of which quarterback leads the Texans this season, don't be surprised if Houston is in the mix for Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn in next spring's draft.

I agree with everything except the last line... Lets hope Kubes does have the nads to do what is best for the team.
Section 620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe this and I think it's time to consider what's best for the team over coddling the #1 overall pick from 2002.

After watching the Longhorns look so lame last night, it's clear Vince Young was so special to that team. Wish we'd taken Vince Young....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Brady Quinn? I don't want him and I think he will go too early in the draft, go for Drew Stanton if you want a QB to replace Carr, personally I think Carr will step up and show that he is the right guy for the job
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I think brady quinn's overrated.
Old 09-10-2006   #5
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Let's see what David can do today, I will give him the first game under Kubiak today, but if he stinks it up, he needs to find Dom Capers, and get a job with him........
Old 09-10-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Brady Quinn? I don't want him and I think he will go too early in the draft, go for Drew Stanton if you want a QB to replace Carr, personally I think Carr will step up and show that he is the right guy for the job
Will Stanton still be there at the 32nd pick?

I had too. I'm too amped about today to try to be negative.

Old 09-10-2006   #7
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I don't know about Stanton still being there, was thinking about Smith from Ohio State last night, but he is a little under sized......
Old 09-10-2006   #8
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Carr has had too many seasons on being dumped on his backside because of the o-line and holding the ball too long waiting for his 1 target (AJ) to get free.

More targets, much better line, more 1 on 1 coaching. It's fish or cut bait time for Carr. I think the real question is can Kubiak and company undo what the former regime did. If they can get him through his PSSS (Post Sackmatic Stress Syndrome) I still think he can do well for us.

I think we probably will have an idea where is at by the bye week, I say let him have at least that long.

As far as the draft next year, I think we should pass on it so the media can't knock us for taking the wrong guy!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

fWIW Jake Plummer completed like 11-24 passes for 100+ yards 0 TD's and 3 INT's with a qb rating of 21.7 (or so) in his first game against the bengals.(when he went to the broncos)

next 3 games he tore it up with qb ratings of 110+

Last edited by Wolf; 09-10-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
fWIW Jake Plummer completed like 11-24 passes for 100+ yards 0 TD's and 3 INT's with a qb rating of 21.7 (or so) in his first game against the bengals.

carr might not make it out of the stadium if he does that.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
fWIW Jake Plummer completed like 11-24 passes for 100+ yards 0 TD's and 3 INT's with a qb rating of 21.7 (or so) in his first game against the bengals.

Wolf, Philadelphia won the only meeting between the teams, 35-17 in 2002 as McNabb threw for 259 yards and a touchdown. Carr had 188 yards passing and two touchdowns for the Texans but also was intercepted twice and sacked seven times.

It'll be very interesting how these stats stack up to today's "reunion."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

That Report has to be garbage it cant be True some people are going to be heart broken. but honestly i hope David Does good i only want this team to suceed.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
Wolf, Philadelphia won the only meeting between the teams, 35-17 in 2002 as McNabb threw for 259 yards and a touchdown. Carr had 188 yards passing and two touchdowns for the Texans but also was intercepted twice and sacked seven times.

It'll be very interesting how these stats stack up to today's "reunion."
wow, I am shocked Dom let him throw so much :bananasplit:
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #14
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Will Stanton still be there at the 32nd pick?
I had too. I'm too amped about today to try to be negative.
if thi the case do we still need a QB
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm surprised a thread like this was started 2 hours before the game. Carr hasn't played a single down in the regular season and you are calling for his head on the most exciting day of football we've had in a long time?
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #16
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
I think brady quinn's overrated.
I do too. Of course, Notre Dame as a whole are always overrated.

Its way too early to even guess who will be the top quarterbacks in next year's draft. Remember this time last year everyone was saying that Marcus Vick was going to be great in the NFL...
Old 09-10-2006   #17
Section 620
Rookie

Default Excuse me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
I'm surprised a thread like this was started 2 hours before the game. Carr hasn't played a single down in the regular season and you are calling for his head on the most exciting day of football we've had in a long time?
I am not calling for anyone's head , it is called cut and paste of news. I hope the Texans and David Carr go better than 500 this year. Dont kill the messenger especially since it may not even be an opinion I agree with. GO TEXANS!
Section 620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm excited about today. I think Carr is going to have a good game. I think he'll come out more focused - he just has to. I think he has way more to prove than anyone on the team - even the Super Mario Bros.
Old 09-10-2006   #19
afcman
Veteran

Thank God we didn't take VY !!!!!! I really don't think he's gonna work out. I also think that Fisher will be gone in a year (maybe two). His decision.

I'm glad (if true) that Carr's on a short leash. He needs that kick.

I bet the eagles are a little surprised today so far.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read