Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2006   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Regular Season Sack Credit

For parity, how about a thread on who gets credit for sacks. Pretty easy to see if one player actually makes the tackle but let's see if we can review whether it was a solo performance of someone else contributed significantly to the sack. Hopefully (can't see how) this won't turn in to a Carr thread.
Old 09-10-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I solemnly swear that I will not be the one who converts this innocent thread into a hideous monster thread (which is a Carr thread). May intelligent and thoughtful posts fill this thread for months to come!

Old 09-10-2006   #3
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Seeing how M. Williams is constantly getting (or has been getting ) double teamed there should be numerous occasions where a fellow lineman will pay dividends and reap the rewards for his play and freakish abilities.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
For parity, how about a thread on who gets credit for sacks. Pretty easy to see if one player actually makes the tackle but let's see if we can review whether it was a solo performance of someone else contributed significantly to the sack. Hopefully (can't see how) this won't turn in to a Carr thread.
If i were to say that carr deserves the credit AKA blame for getting sacked... that would easily turn this into a carr thread but im not gonna do that because i am a carr so i will just say the better carr does it will give our defense time to rest so they may have more energy to get sacks on D did i clean that up? GO TEXANS
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

But seriously i think that mario will be the reason for alot of our D LINE sacks even if he doesnt get many himself. I would like to see more of the peek and mario on the same side of the d line.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #6
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

totally agree...could spell a lot of trouble with our rotation on the line and having a fresh legs in there constantly....peek and babin should come up huge this season as well as weaver and TJ. I dont expect mind boggling numbers to be put up by mario himself but his presence will be felt and known. Our linebackers should also thrive with his constant double teams....I look for Demeco to come out like a rabid bull and continue his outstanding play as he did at Bama.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

PUTZier blocking or lack there of on Kearse

Then just better scemes by Philly got the sacks, I dont blame Carr for any of them this game.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 09-10-2006 at 04:06 PM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #9
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm....I think some of you guys should re-read the first post.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i think mcnabb was responsible for his only sack. on dont give anyone of our d-linemen credit thats for sure. although babin did get pressure on a couple of occasions.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
i think mcnabb was responsible for his only sack. on dont give anyone of our d-linemen credit thats for sure. although babin did get pressure on a couple of occasions.
Yeah, I agree with that. What happened to the freaking pass rush in this game?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I could blame Carr for not reading the blitz coming , but that is a cat and mouse game... today I saw two of the sacks ..the eagles came with just too many men and other 2 Carr never saw what was cominig. the other one... I have to see the film again
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
I saw that McNabb's sack was in the fourth quarter, but I was out of the room. What happened?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was listening and heard McNabb actually slid to take a sack to avoid a hit.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I wonder who would have gotten him if he had not slid, or was he bullrushed?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Rememer in Indy last year when Carr went down on his own to avoid getting demolished by Frenney? He got blasted for that, McNabb slides and its a "smart play"....
In something acctualy relevant to this thread, I have no idea who to give the credit to for that sack...
Old 09-12-2006   #17
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I could blame Carr for not reading the blitz coming , but that is a cat and mouse game... today I saw two of the sacks ..the eagles came with just too many men and other 2 Carr never saw what was cominig. the other one... I have to see the film again
What he said and on the film - I want to see if Carr tripped - or was tripped as it looked like his foot was held and thus why he fell down, but I only got one look at it with no Tivo and fox didnt replay it.
Old 09-12-2006   #18
928sniper
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Yeah, I agree with that. What happened to the freaking pass rush in this game?
It ran into one of the top O-lines(and offenses) in football.
928sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #19
928sniper
Rookie

Quote:
Dude, there were 5 Eagles sacks. Apparently you missed more of them than you saw...

LOL.
928sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #20
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 928sniper
Dude, there were 5 Eagles sacks. Apparently you missed more of them than you saw...

LOL.
2 + 2 + 1 = 5

Don't take this personally, but learn to read next time before criticizing someones ability to count.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read