Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-09-2006   #1
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander
Default Irish giving Penn state all they can handle

20 - 0 at the half. ND is still not looking fully in sync, but its really starting to come along. After last weeks showing it feels good.
Old 09-09-2006   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Penn State is killing themselves, they dropped 2 INTs that "Pretty Boy" Quinn threw. Those would have taken away 2 FGs. Then they turned over the ball which gave Notre Dame good field position on a fumble and they also botched the FG attempt by having a bad snap. Game should be a lot closer than it is.
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Penn State is killing themselves, they dropped 2 INTs that "Pretty Boy" Quinn threw. Those would have taken away 2 FGs. Then they turned over the ball which gave Notre Dame good field position on a fumble and they also botched the FG attempt by having a bad snap. Game should be a lot closer than it is.

I cannot argue that, Penn has looked like a team expecting to lose. Still, I feel that the Irish would be in front right now even had Penn come to play. Quinn is not playing like a Heisman Qb this year. Most of his passes deep look like he is aiming them rather then just letting it go.
Old 09-10-2006   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

Last I heard 41 - 17 isn't a close game.

Neither is 24 -7

Old 09-10-2006   #5
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Paterno still out there or did he retire last year? I swear one day they're going to have him propped up on the side lines like El Cid to try to inspire the team.
Old 09-10-2006   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee

Last I heard 41 - 17 isn't a close game.

Neither is 24 -7

I said the game "should" have been a lot closer

Win streaks have to come to an end sooner or later. 21 games, 2 Rose Bowl victories...I'm not complaining.

But Notre Dame has that 2 game win streak going, lol
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #7
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

My Penn State got beat but I knew they would. Too many inexperienced players and the Irish played very well as I knew they would.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read