Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2004   #1
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Default Texans ~vs~ Lions Predictions!!!!!!

Name-------------------Texans--------------Lions
04)Bottle-O-Bud-------------24------------------14
05)Buff Soldier---------------27------------------17
06)gwallaia------------------24------------------27
07)Kingzofthejungle----------14------------------28
08)Hervoyel-----------------24------------------17
09)HoustonLionfan-----------20------------------24
10)Fiddy--------------------34------------------28
11)TexanNut----------------174-----------------03
12)Wolf---------------------24------------------14
13)RTP2110-----------------26------------------17
14)3rdCoastPlaya------------27------------------10
15)D Fan--------------------17------------------20
16)D-Rek--------------------24------------------21
17)Elite---------------------17------------------24

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-14-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #2
geka
Veteran

Texans 30 Lions 12
geka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #3
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

Lions 24, Texans 23
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Texans 27, Lions 17
Old 09-13-2004   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24 Lions 16.

David Carr throwing to AJ without Dre Bly in the game.....24 points
No Charles Rogers leaving Roy Williams alone....16 points.
Not having to play 25 men in the box to stop LT.....priceless.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #6
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
Texans 24 Lions 16.

David Carr throwing to AJ without Dre Bly in the game.....24 points
No Charles Rogers leaving Roy Williams alone....16 points.
Not having to play 25 men in the box to stop LT.....priceless.
Loss of Bly definitely hurts. But the Detroit Defense played very well, forcing 4 turnovers, holding Thomas Jones to 3 yards/carry, and sacking Grossman 3 times without even blitzing, picking him off twice and stripping the ball out of his hands. Lehman (a hated Sooner, I would imagine) forced a fumble as well, and Shaun Rogers blocked his 5th career FG in his 4th year, which was run back for a TD. It won't be as easy as it looks.

Charles Rogers out hurts but we have tremendous depth there, and we have yet to establish the run. We're deeper at WR and TE than you think, far deeper than you are at CB/SS/LB. So please, double up on Williams. Then Streets, Hakim, Alexander, KJ, and Sledge will be wide open. Considering your pass rush, and the fact that the Lions pass blocking is far superior to that of the Chargers, you're still in trouble there.

You can probably play an 8 man front against our run game, unless I see serious improvement. I'm not sure if it was KJ trying to be Barry Sanders too much (by that I mean too much E-W instead of N-S movement), or bad run blocking. Pinner seemed to do alright, so I'm still not sure. But neither are LT. Man that guy is the next Barry, Emmet, Payton, and Brown all rolled into one.

I think the difference will be you make more mistakes than we do, and Lions win a squeaker.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24
Lions 27

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2004   #8
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

The Lions will win this one 28-14. Texans will struggle all game and score a late TD to make it respectable. Your young QB will struggle. Your run game will be shut down. KJ has his breakout game Sunday. ROY puts on a show for the local viewers back in Texas.

Our defense totally shuts you guys down! Joey wins the first round of the class of 2002 QB battle.

It going be to a long time before David cuts his hair!
Old 09-13-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with my Texans to win and playing hard to wipe out the memory of that poor performance in the opener. No big number predictions here though. I'm going with Texans 24 Lions 17 on this one.
Old 09-13-2004   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzofthejungle
The Lions will win this one 28-14. Texans will struggle all game and score a late TD to make it respectable. Your young QB will struggle. Your run game will be shut down. KJ has his breakout game Sunday. ROY puts on a show for the local viewers back in Texas.

Our defense totally shuts you guys down! Joey wins the first round of the class of 2002 QB battle.

It going be to a long time before David cuts his hair!
But can you explain why you think this will happen? Or are you just talking out of your blow-hole?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #11
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

24-20 or 24-17, one way or the other. Could go either way, but I'll say Lions at home
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to even try to predict a score for this game, but what I will predict is the Texans DO NOT OVER LOOK THE LIONS. Should be quite a battle in the den.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I'm not going to even try to predict a score for this game, but what I will predict is the Texans DO NOT OVER LOOK THE LIONS. Should be quite a battle in the den.
Agreed

We have always been 1-1 after week two and I really dont want to see that change so Texans win 34-28 in OT where AJ catches a TD pass to end the game and then promptly throws the ball into Charles Rogers hands, who is on the sideline watching. AJ then says "Why did the Lions pick you ahead of me???"

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #14
TexanNut
Veteran

Texans 174
Lions 3
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #15
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i'm not gonna make a prediction for this game...all i'm gonna say is this...this is the game of the year for us

carr vs harrington
johnson vs williams (be honest williams is the reciever casserly wanted from day one)
davis vs jones
young team vs young team

this is the game where we should put it all on the line and see which is better...hell we should be doing that every game but more this one
Old 09-13-2004   #16
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
But can you explain why you think this will happen? Or are you just talking out of your blow-hole?
We are coming off a huge win for us and will carry the momentum into our seasom opener at home. For all our struggles the last few years we have always been very tough to beat at home. Our team grew up alot in that win at Chicago. You guys are starting some rookies in key positions and they will be experiencing their first taste of the NFL on the road. Our crowd and stadium is ver difficult for the visitors.

We also will have a much better showing on offense and will have a better game plan snce we now know Rogers won't be playing. Much of our passing games was planned around Rogers so when he went down the Team was stunned and it really took us 3 quarters to adjust, but we did and were able to put together a game winning drive for a TD.

Our rookies played pretty good for their first game, but should be much more comfortable now that they have gotten a little taste of live NFL action. Playing in soldier field is no piece of cake. KJ missed some huge holes running the ball and should have a breakout game. You saw ROY's catch and he will see more balls this week. He caught 4 passes for 64 yards by the way and got a pass interference in the endzone to setup a score too.

Our young LBs played very well. Lehman caused a huge fumble and our defense played very well causing 5 turnovers and getting 2 sacks.

Also I think the Bears have a very good defense and really don't think we will play too many teams with a better DL and group of LBs. They were really fast and blitzed almost every play. Our OL did a really good job only giving up 1 sack. We lost our best WR and CB during the first 2 series and still gutted out the win.

That is why I am optimistic!
Old 09-13-2004   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going out on a limb and don't mean to disrespect the lions.
24- 10 Houston.

I personally think our defense was embarrassed by the game last week and we will open it up more. I think we will have Glenn matched up on Williams all game long. IF NOT ... 24-14 houston
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #18
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will keep constant double teams on Roy Williams. The Texans never play 2 good games in a row, they also never play 2 bad ones in a row.

Texans 26
Lions 17
RTP2110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #19
DFAN
Veteran

Lions- 20

Texans- 17
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #20
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzofthejungle
We are coming off a huge win for us and will carry the momentum into our seasom opener at home.
I happen to think just th opposite. I think the Texans are gonna come in and look to avenge their horrible showing opening day and play an inspired game. Dont look past us, minus the turnovers, we proved that we are a force to be reckoned with on Offense. Had to eat alot of crow after last week but Im still confident in this week.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read