Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2006   #1
done88
Veteran

Default Pete Prisco picks Texans over Eagles

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/featur...s/prisco/picks

Finally someone with some sense
Old 09-09-2006   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

My God, Sunday can not get here fast enough tick tick tick.
Old 09-09-2006   #3
Dawkins
Rookie

I like his profound logic and reasoning behind that pick. What? There wasn't any? Oh... Nevermind. Carry on!

He also picked the Lions to beat the Seahawks. Credibility = Zero
Dawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Haha, he doesnt have cred because you dont agree? Tell me who else I shouldnt believe, I dont want to be mislead.
Old 09-09-2006   #5
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

note: if you look at the expert picks, 2 other writers also pick texans over eagles.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

and they just lost all credibility
Old 09-09-2006   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
note: if you look at the expert picks, 2 other writers also pick texans over eagles.
Prisco picks the Texans to win, unfortunately the experts picks are against the spread.

Only two of them pick us to even cover the spread.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2006   #8
FlyEaglesFly
Rookie

Now this guy's a genius, unlike all the other sports writers who picked your team to lose, right?
FlyEaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

A Texans victory today would not be as unlikely as either of our 2 previous
season opening wins (vs. the Cowboys & Dolphins), but it would definitely be
an upset.
I dunno, but we're starting 5 rooks and the Eagles are starting none and its the opening game of the season. Those rookie nerves alone are gonna account for some mistakes, lets just hope they aren't critical ones.
But I like Kubiaks move of starting all these youngsters, for both practical and symbolic reasons.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #10
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Looks to me like this writer likes underdogs. Texans, Lions, and Green Bay

Just an observation.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #11
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Looks to me like this writer likes underdogs. Texans, Lions, and Green Bay

Just an observation.
I was fixing to say the same thing. He's got alot of upsets in there.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #12
Big J
Rookie

Default Some of those picks are highly questionable

Green bay winning over the Bears....the Lions winning...I mean cmon.

Lets hope he picked the one that matters...the Texans over the Eagles.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #13
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't agree with his Lions over the Seahawks theory. That is out there.

Not a bad read from a Jag homer.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #14
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

A 2-14 team with a new system, lots of rookies, and a shell shocked QB is predicted to give Philly a run for their money. (Yeah, I admit it, Philly is a talented team.)

Anyone else find this very encourging?

Well Philly, if we pull this off, please feel free to take out your frustration on Dallas.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #15
mattwill
Rookie

Prisco's pick makes sense to this die-hard Eagles fan. CBS Sportsline doesn't pick their teams straight up the way ESPN does, they pick them against the spread. So Prisco is picking the Texans plus 4 points. "Home dogs" are universally considered to be a good bet. Obviously there are exceptions to the home dog rule, but the Texans' players are going to do everything they can to make Kubiak's debut as positive as possible, so I think the Texans plus 4 points is a very smart bet.

My personal (totally biased) opinion is that the Eagles' players have just as much to prove as the Texans' players, so if I were betting my heart would overrule my head's logical approach and I would take the Eagles minus the 4 points.

One other factor working in the Texans' favor is the fact that the Eagles are playing the Giants next week. If in the second half it is clear that the Eagles are going to win the game, I can see them getting very "plain vanilla" in their play calling in order not to show the Giants anything in the game films. A few less points in the Texans game would be well worth the element of surprise against the Giants.
mattwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwill
Prisco's pick makes sense to this die-hard Eagles fan. CBS Sportsline doesn't pick their teams straight up the way ESPN does, they pick them against the spread. So Prisco is picking the Texans plus 4 points. "Home dogs" are universally considered to be a good bet. Obviously there are exceptions to the home dog rule, but the Texans' players are going to do everything they can to make Kubiak's debut as positive as possible, so I think the Texans plus 4 points is a very smart bet.

My personal (totally biased) opinion is that the Eagles' players have just as much to prove as the Texans' players, so if I were betting my heart would overrule my head's logical approach and I would take the Eagles minus the 4 points.

One other factor working in the Texans' favor is the fact that the Eagles are playing the Giants next week. If in the second half it is clear that the Eagles are going to win the game, I can see them getting very "plain vanilla" in their play calling in order not to show the Giants anything in the game films. A few less points in the Texans game would be well worth the element of surprise against the Giants.
Im hoping we dont have to worry about that...
Old 09-09-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins
I like his profound logic and reasoning behind that pick. What? There wasn't any? Oh... Nevermind. Carry on!

He also picked the Lions to beat the Seahawks. Credibility = Zero
Any given Sunday, man.
Old 09-09-2006   #18
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Any given Sunday, man.
Allways have faith!
Old 09-09-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got +5.5 at the book in Mandalay Bay on the Texans.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #20
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Philadelphia at Houston: Not using the No. 1 pick in the draft on Reggie Bush is as smart as a 16-year-old kid turning down a date with Jenna Jameson two days after he got his drivers license. Texans 20, Eagles 13.
Did not think this needed another thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5947950
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read