Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004   #481
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
This was the game for them to "Prove it"
Carr didn't prove anything

1 game proves NOTHING on who is better. Come back in 2 to 3 years then we can compare.
Old 09-19-2004   #482
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
Classy.

Garbage time is with the BENCH players in. Thats the final word go to the Lions board anyway, stop hanging out here if you are that much of a Lion fan.
I am...a Lions fan... I do hang out on the Lions Boards
As long as The Lions Top draft picks are linked with yours, It will keep my intrest.

Really touchy around here after a loss ?
Old 09-19-2004   #483
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh no....Fundies......
Why don't you go revel in this victory with your fellow fans. You were ok, but your avatar and the other comment shows no class at all. Get. In Texas that means leave.
Old 09-19-2004   #484
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Once again this game was not lost on Carr's arm, and i think everyone agrees that a fumbling running back is an easier problem to fix than a QB who is playing badly.
Old 09-19-2004   #485
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Geek

Check your post that I edited. Please refrain from those types of comments in the future. I also had to edit everyone that quoted you.

Thanks.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-19-2004   #486
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really. I'm a long time NFL follower and I love the game and all but it's just a game. I speak of and share my perceptions of what I see and I while I am dissapointed, it doesn't bother me much on a personal level. I know its a tough league
I wish I could say the same. It bothers me more than it should. They have ruined my week for two weeks in a row now. I'm ready for them to stop all the silly mistakes such as penalties, and turnovers. If we were just outplayed and outclassed it would be different, but for 2 weeks that has not been the case.
Old 09-19-2004   #487
orignlprankstr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Once again this game was not lost on Carr's arm, and i think everyone agrees that a fumbling running back is an easier problem to fix than a QB who is playing badly.
We might not have lost it on his arm. But some of his decisions could have been better. Untill the last two minutes of the game our running back had more rceptions than all are receivers combined.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #488
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Sorry I forgot this was Texas, (mostly)

I'll play to the audience, I forgot this is a state that shot Kennedy.
?????

Do you understand which of your posts I edited?

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-19-2004   #489
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
?????

Do you understand which of your posts I edited?
The one that was full of sin
Old 09-19-2004   #490
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

I thought the Texans played alright. Unlike last week, the game wasn't gift wrapped for us. But the Lions were better today.
Old 09-19-2004   #491
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
Get. In Texas that means leave.
I thought it was "Git".
Old 09-19-2004   #492
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
If we were just outplayed and outclassed it would be different...
Did you watch the game today? Alot of your fellow fans admit the better team won, why can't you?
Old 09-19-2004   #493
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
my gawd, they were both very unimpressive.
I don't know Vinny, Harrington 114+ pass rating, Carr 103+ pass rating. That's pretty impressive to me. Maybe it is just because I'm used to mediocrity
Old 09-19-2004   #494
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
I don't know Vinny, Harrington 114+ pass rating, Carr 103+ pass rating. That's pretty impressive to me. Maybe it is just because I'm used to mediocrity
Go with Mediocrity, I know that after a Lions game, If I watch the Colts play, I am shocked by the increased entertainment value
Old 09-19-2004   #495
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
my gawd, they were both very unimpressive.
Vinny, give me a break! Carr was awesome once they took the handcuffs off him in the third quarter. He made great plays all second half despite the fact they were in passing situations and the front four was putting a lot of pressure on him. I hope the coaches learned a lesson here. They need to let this team take chances through the air.

You've been consistently critical of Carr's second half and fourth quarter performances... How about giving him credit for his performance in the second half of this game?! How about showing that impartiality that you claim to display!
Old 09-19-2004   #496
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Vinny, give me a break! Carr was awesome once they took the handcuffs off him in the third quarter. He made great plays all second half despite the fact they were in passing situations and the front four was putting a lot of pressure on him. I hope the coaches learned a lesson here. They need to let this team take chances through the air.

You've been consistently critical of Carr's second half and fourth quarter performances... How about giving him credit for his performance in the second half of this game?! How about showing that impartiality that you claim to display!
You can be impressed with him all you want. To me, he was not too good but he had a nice toss to AJ and I'm glad he saw the busted coverage on Bradford. Most of his passes were locked on to Davis underneath for much of this great second half you speak of. I'm underwhelmed.
Old 09-19-2004   #497
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr had a very good second half: 17-22-223, 2TD, 0 INT.

He had a very underwhelming first half. He looked rushed, uncomfortable, and forced almost everything.
Old 09-19-2004   #498
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Carr had a very good second half: 17-22-223, 2TD, 0 INT.
Yes he did, and I'm not blaming him for our loss either. I was just quoted earlier as to what I thought about both QB's play and I think they both played poorly on balance. Carr either has poor field vision and pocket feel or he is poorly coached imo. The first half was brutal for both guys.
Old 09-19-2004   #499
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't say you were blaming him for the loss. I said he had a very good second half.

Poor pocket presence has always been a problem for him. His footwork inside the pocket is below average and he has never learned to shuffle or baby step. He tries to take those long strides when the pocket is collapsing around him and most of the time it just doesn't work. He needs to spend some time with whoever coached Tom Brady. He appears gangly and clutzsy at times when he's under pressure. I thought Carr had terrible first half and a very good second half. Given enough time to throw, he can be an above average QB, but it's not always the OL. He can do a better job of avioding the rush. He had several outstanding throws today to Bradford, Gaff, AJ and Armstrong - on a rope and accurate.

Last edited by aj.; 09-19-2004 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2004   #500
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I didn't say you were blaming him for the loss. I said he had a very good second half.
Yeah, I didn't word it too well but I was just trying to be clear since it is such a mammoth thread. You make good points and I'm not taking issue with them. It was a tough loss.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read