Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004   #461
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I guess we can thank the Broncos for handing the game to Jacksonville (2-0)

Old 09-19-2004   #462
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

At least the Thumbtacks lost today.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-19-2004   #463
Jwwillis
All Pro

Hopefully Capers will not completely betray his team like Kerry would and say, " I never said that the Texans could compete in the NFL and I am proposing we withdraw them from the league within the year."
Old 09-19-2004   #464
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

How does 4-3 sound right about now? Sit Foreman, start Deloach.
Old 09-19-2004   #465
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
No I will spell it out for you....the game was still in reach with the Lions starters in the game. Padding is when the game is way over and the bench players come in. That is what you call P-A-D-D-I-N-G.

Ok it's obvious you still didn't get the context

Oh well...
Old 09-19-2004   #466
compy75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
This game was DD's fault. Those 2 fumbles gave em 14 points....

The games were lost on Davis fumbling, so we need to take the ball out of his hands, we really needed hollings in there.
Sorry to break it to you guys but Detroit didn't score after DD's first fumble.

And after the second fumble, Detroiut marched 79 yards to score their TD. Can we wake up and recognize that our defense can't stop ANYONE.
Old 09-19-2004   #467
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

and its not even a right assesment. other than total Yards Harrington played a better game, he got the win, more touch downs, more accurate, he didn't have to go deep cause he played with the lead.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #468
orignlprankstr
Rookie

Man looking at our schedule we are going to be lucky to win one game the way we are playing.
Old 09-19-2004   #469
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My gawd. I'm just commenting on the poor qb play. Relax. It's just a game
I think after the start of the game Carr settled down and had a pretty good game. I saw a little pocket presence on a play or two, and I saw him make some very accurate throws. He made some decent decisions and led us down the field for two scores. The ball to AJ should have been ruled a completion, plus he passed for over 300 yards, two touchdowns, and yes he was intercepted. And BTW, it might be just a game, but doesn't this get under even your skin just a little bit?
Old 09-19-2004   #470
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course we all know its a team game. Everyone is accountable for the loss. But how many time must DD fumble before you bench him? And how many times should we run, run, pass. I know the run opens up the pass. But in the second half, we were torching their secondary. Why dont we do this all game???
Old 09-19-2004   #471
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

As i said Carr didn't lose the game for us, But Harrington won the game for detroit. they both played well in the second half. first half was forgettable.
Old 09-19-2004   #472
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by compy75
Sorry to break it to you guys but Detroit didn't score after DD's first fumble.

And after the second fumble, Detroiut marched 79 yards to score their TD. Can we wake up and recognize that our defense can't stop ANYONE.
It might help them, though, if DD would stop making sure they stay on the field all day and that our punter never gets to play. I think you both have a point.
Old 09-19-2004   #473
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
You didn't either I guess, oh well. IMO Carr is better than Harrington. I will close the debate on P-A-D-D-I-N-G.
Wow how hard is this to comprehend?

GARBAGE TIME (which it was)

PADS STATISTICS!!!!

if you're punchy I appologize.
Old 09-19-2004   #474
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i was talking about this game third eye... i also agree Carr is better overall than harrington and will eventually prove it.
Old 09-19-2004   #475
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by orignlprankstr
Man looking at our schedule we are going to be lucky to win one game the way we are playing.
The 1st two were supposed to be 2 of our 7-9 wins this year.
Old 09-19-2004   #476
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
And BTW, it might be just a game, but doesn't this get under even your skin just a little bit?
Not really. I'm a long time NFL follower and I love the game and all but it's just a game. I speak of and share my perceptions of what I see and I while I am dissapointed, it doesn't bother me much on a personal level. I know its a tough league.
Old 09-19-2004   #477
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
i was talking about this game third eye... i also agree Carr is better overall than harrington and will eventually prove it.
This was the game for them to "Prove it"
Carr didn't prove anything

Opperation Bait Monkey is Go
Old 09-19-2004   #478
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice.....really nice.
Old 09-19-2004   #479
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Oh no....Fundies......
Old 09-19-2004   #480
Chance_C
Site Contributor

The penalties got under my skin as much as anything also. Detroit had a few of their own. They had the better bad team today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read