Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004   #441
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Um..Im confused. Is it Palmer that throws the ball or Carr?? On any given pass play the ball can be thrown to who ever is open. Saying Palmer isnt throwing to Johnson is kinda silly isnt it? Also, they dont call a sack during the timeout they call a pass play. The PLAYERS dictate if it is a sack or not. Geez!
Agreed, again!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2004   #442
dredge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Um..Im confused. Is it Palmer that throws the ball or Carr?? On any given pass play the ball can be thrown to who ever is open. Saying Palmer isnt throwing to Johnson is kinda silly isnt it? Also, they dont call a sack during the timeout they call a pass play. The PLAYERS dictate if it is a sack or not. Geez!
We all know they don't call a sack, but by running for 2 yds on 1st down, it almost gurantees a pass play and they can bring all their rushers.
Carr doesn't have time to work through a lot of progressions on his pass plays. Likely whowever he is throwing to is who the play was designed for.
Old 09-19-2004   #443
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

If we're going to pile up yards and blow games on turnovers, maybe we should hire Jack Pardee as the offensive coordinator and put in the Run and Shoot? Then JJ Moses would actually be big enough to be an NFL receiver. Heh.

Heh.

Uh, for those of you who think that the guys not wearing pads are to blame for all the Texans' problems, I'M KIDDING.
Old 09-19-2004   #444
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and Joey > David
Well he got the W, I guess that's all that counts. Nice game by Detroit, to get the win anyway.
Old 09-19-2004   #445
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Carr 23-34 67.6% 311 yds 2TDs 1 INT 103.9 QB Rating
Old 09-19-2004   #446
midknight
Rookie

well, i just saw the graphic on screen that showed our schedule...

Here's to 0-6 to start the season...!!!!!!!

damn.. we should have had these first two games... oh yeah,, it was the

TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

hold on to the damn ball.. for goodness's sake... eek:
Old 09-19-2004   #447
dredge
Rookie

I'm out, I have a yard to mow. Thanks to everyone here for at least making the game bearable. Next best thing to a sports bar!! See everyone next week.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #448
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Carr's gonna have another good day next wk against a pathetic secondary for the KC Chiefs. But can we hang on to the ball.
Old 09-19-2004   #449
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Harrington 18-25 72.0% 178 yds 3TDs 1 INT 115.1 Rating
Old 09-19-2004   #450
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
Padding statistics are when the game is already over.We still had a slim chance to comeback.
Ok, I'll spell it out

Before the 2min drill, that didn't matter because the game was over, and Joey doesn't get a chance to throw the ball every down like Carr does in response

It pads his stats and raises his QB rate over Harrington who before the garbage time was leading the QB rate Battle

Carr was also running for his life and took a good share of sacks at the end there.

They Both Played like **** in the first half, they both played well in the second half.

But Joey Won
Old 09-19-2004   #451
waittilnextyear

Is Jimmy Johnson available?

Old 09-19-2004   #452
Jwwillis
All Pro

So whos fault is it when a run play goes for 2 yards in an obvious passing situation??? 20/20 hind site coaching is the easiest in the world. Reminds me of that Visa commercial when Favre is walikng down the street and secoind guessing everybodys move the way the fans do his.. "Should have double bagged it"
Old 09-19-2004   #453
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was Carr's 2nd 300 yard game. The other was last year @TEN
Old 09-19-2004   #454
99FirehawkTA
Rookie

Geeeez. this is going to be a long season......

im so damn disapointed.
Old 09-19-2004   #455
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Good Game Texans Fans, I hope you survive these next few games, A superbowl rematch would be nice
Old 09-19-2004   #456
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
We might outplay the Lions, but we will not beat them.
Here's a quote I made on page 4 of this thread. Call me Notradamus.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-19-2004   #457
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the hell cares about who had a better game??? We blew it, we stink, period. We are allergic to scoring touchdowns, and especially winning games.

Texans- 20

Chiefs- 38

Look on the bright side, we're gonna get a top 5 pick.

-Ben Franklin
Old 09-19-2004   #458
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Texan
Dom will give his best George Bush imitation in the morning. We really are progressing what you are seeing is not realty!

DD has fumbled 4 times in 2 games. What does it tell Wells when DD still finishes this game? DD should be out for the next game, unless Wells manages to fumble a couple of times during it. You just can't keep screwing up like that and still be Mr. #1 guy. I know that DD is our best RB, but he has to start playing like it. I wonder if Hollings would be getting a chance. You don't know what another RB might do, if given the chance, so I see no reason to put up with one that is coughing up the ball like it's a fur-ball.

The O-line looked good. In fact, the whole offense looked good, except for DD. The play calling is too conservative, but it's the fumbles that killed us (again).

On defense, I believe I saw more blitzing and I'm real happy about that. Dunta is still a rookie. Can't say I expected anymore from him yet, anyway. Don't forget that 7 of those 28 points were scored on the kickoff coverage and DD fumbling the ball hurt the defense as well.
Old 09-19-2004   #459
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

This game was DD's fault. Those 2 fumbles gave em 14 points....

Also i think we need to let Carr throw the ball more, he is shown in these two loses that he can make good decisions and is accurate. maybe he hasn't been great. but his numbers are good for loses... these games were not lost on his arm. but he also didn't win them for us either.

The games were lost on Davis fumbling, so we need to take the ball out of his hands, we really needed hollings in there.
Old 09-19-2004   #460
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

rough game
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read