Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you feel will be the outcome of Sunday's game vs. The Philadelphia Eagles
Texans win by more than 15 5 7.35%
Texans win by less than 5 40 58.82%
Eagles win by more than 15 9 13.24%
Eagles win by more than 5 14 20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Poll of the Week: vs. Philadelphia

Please vote honestly. You may post a comment...
Old 09-08-2006   #2
Nighthawk
All Pro

deleted dupe post
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #3
Nighthawk
All Pro

I voted Texans win by less than 5 but I would not be surprised if we win by a touch OR if Philly wins by 3. THis is a game that I think shows just how good the coaching change has been for this team, how it is, through the hard work of coaches and players, become a NEW TEAM since last year, completely different in capability and attitude. Philly is a very strong club and may well win the game, but it's not going to be easy for them. They will take some solid hits and our team may well play up to potential or over its head. If that last happens Philly loses.

One thing I think is almost certain--we'll be ahead at the half.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #4
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted before 28-14 win by the Texans, but i been going back in forth from either 28-14 to 21-17 Texans winning, but would not be upset with a close loss just would not be happy.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

5 and 15 are such strange numbers for football.....

I chose that we will win (which we will) by less than 5 points (3 points to be exact). 24-21
Old 09-08-2006   #6
veazeyt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
I predicted before 28-14 win by the Texans, but i been going back in forth from either 28-14 to 21-17 Texans winning, but would not be upset with a close loss just would not be happy.
I think 21-17 could be more accurate score.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I understand that Philly nice tandem at Corner, and ProBowlers at safety.... but the corners are both kinda small. I don't think they match up well with our big recievers. Owen/Jeb, Lundy/Cook, even Bruner are going to need some tending too, especially if Carr utilize them early, which should promote more one on one coverage on the outside. Which should work right into David's slow starts.

I'm hoping our D can force a shutout in the first qtr, we kick two field goals, and force Donovan into obvious passing situations...... I hope we continue to pressure him, and force him into mistakes....... & you know Donovan likes to make mistakes.....

and we win by more than 15........

Houston 27
Philly 9
Old 09-08-2006   #8
FlyEaglesFly
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

and we win by more than 15........

Houston 27
Philly 9
FlyEaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose, I think it will be close. I also think the game will be low scoring because I know they have a good defense and I know our defense is much improved (at least from what I saw in preseason). I think the key to us winning will be if we can run on them which will will depend on how well the O-Line performs (plays as a unit) and opens up some holes. If we can't, it's going to be a long day for Carr! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #10
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

It will be very tight game, no blowout, hometown crowd is going to have to help, Mcnabb not even here himself think..........I was looking at our schedule it stinks, it's even tougher than the Super Bowl Champs Pittsburg, this year, what gives.........
Old 09-09-2006   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this will be a close , low scoring game . The ability to run and stop the run will be the key , I give the Texans the edge offensively here . 17-10 Texans .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win by less than 5. Go Texans!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This poll is one of the most puzzling I have seen yet
Old 09-09-2006   #14
McMVP
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly
Pretty much....
McMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #15
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
This poll is one of the most puzzling I have seen yet
Why? Because there isn't an option to cover a Texan 7 point win?

So what was your choice corrosion? 17-10 is not covered in the poll...

I am glad that we are positive at the outset of the season! After last years debacle, it is good to see that the new regime has us thinking positively. Now as long as people don't set their expectations too high...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagle Fans =
Texan Fans =

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #17
Jerome_Brown_99
Veteran

Eagles by 13+

Anyone actually believing the Texans will win this game are delusional.
Jerome_Brown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #18
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Delusional?????? Are you serious? Call a Cowgirl and ask them about 19-10.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome_Brown_99
Eagles by 13+

Anyone actually believing the Texans will win this game are delusional.
Anyone expecting us to just role over is a ...........

Why would thinking the Texans will win make me delusional?? because we were 2-14 in '05?? The Eagles were 6-10....... better, but that's still not good football.

You got McNabb, and a bunch of old guys back off injury....... big deal.

You have as many new people who are either new to the team, Or didn't play much at all last year.

It's possible the Eagles can rebound to it's 2004 form, but it's just as possible that we will as well.

Delusional would be anyone looking past a football team with nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
Old 09-09-2006   #20
FlyEaglesFly
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

You got McNabb, and a bunch of old guys back off injury....... big deal.
A bunch of old guys???? The Eagles have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL.
FlyEaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read