Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chron: Texans defensive end Williams is ready to play

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4171771.html

"The coaches don't want me to get overexcited," Williams said. "They don't want me to be uptight and put too much pressure on myself.

"I don't think that's going to happen. I'm ready to play."

If it's been posted, please lock it up.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #2
Scott747
Rookie

With everything the young man has had to endure, or at least listen to if he has so chosen. I'd give anything to see him get a individual/solo sack in the first half.

Reliant will go absolutely nuts with a Cowboy like decibel level, and with how he has carried himself, would be well deserved.

Hopefully it will be a sign of things to come…
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #3
Jacksonvillewolf
waterboy

Talking

I would love to see him crush, destroy, bury and then plant some flowers on the field to show where the quarterbacks are buried.....
Jacksonvillewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #4
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonvillewolf
I would love to see him crush, destroy, bury and then plant some flowers on the field to show where the quarterbacks are buried.....
Welcome to the board. Good to see some of Mario's hometown folks checking in!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #5
Jerome_Brown_99
Veteran

Mario is going to be crying like a baby by the time John Runyan gets through with him.

Mario is used to weak college RTs. He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he has to go against a guy that has nearly 50 pounds on him, has made pro-bowls, and is known as perhaps the most mean, nasty Olineman in the whole NFL.
Jerome_Brown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome_Brown_99
Mario is going to be crying like a baby by the time John Runyan gets through with him.

Mario is used to weak college RTs. He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he has to go against a guy that has nearly 50 pounds on him, has made pro-bowls, and is known as perhaps the most mean, nasty Olineman in the whole NFL.
Depends on where Mario is playing, as he can and is moved around quite a bit. They move him to a point where they think he can be most effective. They are going to generally line him up against your weakest position. Mario is capable of playing all positions along the line and that's what they have been doing with him. If he plays end then he must calm down and play contain against McNabb. Containing McNabb and getting pressure on him is a big key to this game.....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:

A year or so ago I was watching a match up between Finney and Pace. It really was very one sided as Finney simply could do nothing against Pace. However, Finney lined up inside and immediately got to the QB on a key play. Sometimes you simply know that its going to be generally impossible to attack from a position on the field, so why bother. If you have flexibility, then you move your key player to a position where he can be more effective. That is why Mario may ultimately be so good.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2006   #8
jmerog
Veteran

its only 40 lbs. and mario is all muscle.

micheal strahan beats him regularly and is shorter and lighter than mario. Mario is giant, athletic and FAST-the complete package. I believe he will surpass peppers.
Old 09-09-2006   #9
Big J
Rookie

Quote:

I highly doubt any crying will be done by Mario. But if Mario does blow by your old man Runyan, McNabb is going to ***** his pants. Game over son. Game over.

But only time will tell.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #10
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I predict Mario will accomplish one thing all year long, cause chaos on the line. make guys that usually cover gaps cover him, make guys that usually cover 2 people cover 1 and create gaping holes for linebackers to blast thru. and if he does get a one on one matchup and the guy is not on his game, he will be glaring at the QB that he just planted into the turf.
Old 09-09-2006   #11
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
I predict Mario will accomplish one thing all year long, cause chaos on the line. make guys that usually cover gaps cover him, make guys that usually cover 2 people cover 1 and create gaping holes for linebackers to blast thru. and if he does get a one on one matchup and the guy is not on his game, he will be glaring at the QB that he just planted into the turf.
What the Gamer said.

I think judging Mario by individual stats, especially the first couple of years, could be very deceptive. I expect some of the press (especially the ones trying to justify us being idiots for passing on Bush) will try to spin things. So even if Mario is contributing to 30 sacks a game but is not the one getting most of the tackles, some in the press will call him a bust. Funny how so many "experts" forget football is a TEAM sport.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read