Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
jmerog
Veteran

Default Texans lead AFC South after week 1

I thing the texans could be leading the AFC South after week one with a little luck, a tough defense, and a manning showdown.

First off, Giants and colts colts lose
I am picking the Giants to win this game. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but upsets happen every year in season openers and this is my pick this year. I'll admit-this is a rose-colored view that incudes us getting all the breaks and the bad guys getting screwed but i think it is possible -very possible. I do actually have a few good reasons to think the giants can upset to throw in with the wishful thinking.

1-The giants have homefield advantage, for what it's worth.
2-Amani Toomer, Plaxico burress, Jeremy shockey, and tiki barber are all good reasons to think there is a chance.
3- Questionable blitz pickup with new Indy running backs.
4- giants/eli has more to prove
5- 11/5 isn't bad

Titans- Jets Titans lose (barely)

Ugly ugly ugly

Jacksonville-Dallas jacksonville loses

Dispite a sloppy showing by the o-line and mediocre running, Dallas will dominate with 2 tight end sets, screen passes and downfield acrobatics.Jacksonville will be short on defensive personnel this sunday also-
Injuries and arrests.

Houston-Iggles texans win!

Texans will run run run. Our defense is the one that will be the talk of the game. demeco,peek,and mario will all have a big day.
20-17 Texans

houston 1 0
tennesee 0 1
Indianapolis 0 1
Jacksonville 0 1
Old 09-08-2006   #2
jmerog
Veteran

Old 09-08-2006   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out the "official Colts injury report"

Link: Week 1 Colts Injury Report
Old 09-08-2006   #4
jmerog
Veteran

It looks like freeney and a few others could be out. The colts are looking thin on the d-line for this sunday.

I expect the Giants to run, run ,run
Old 09-08-2006   #5
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
I thing the texans could be leading the AFC South after week one with a little luck, a tough defense, and a manning showdown.

First off, Giants and colts colts lose
I am picking the Giants to win this game. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but upsets happen every year in season openers and this is my pick this year. I'll admit-this is a rose-colored view that incudes us getting all the breaks and the bad guys getting screwed but i think it is possible -very possible. I do actually have a few good reasons to think the giants can upset to throw in with the wishful thinking.

1-The giants have homefield advantage, for what it's worth.
2-Amani Toomer, Plaxico burress, Jeremy shockey, and tiki barber are all good reasons to think there is a chance.
3- Questionable blitz pickup with new Indy running backs.
4- giants/eli has more to prove
5- 11/5 isn't bad

Titans- Jets Titans lose (barely)

Ugly ugly ugly

Jacksonville-Dallas jacksonville loses

Dispite a sloppy showing by the o-line and mediocre running, Dallas will dominate with 2 tight end sets, screen passes and downfield acrobatics.Jacksonville will be short on defensive personnel this sunday also-
Injuries and arrests.

Houston-Iggles texans win!

Texans will run run run. Our defense is the one that will be the talk of the game. demeco,peek,and mario will all have a big day.
20-17 Texans

houston 1 0
tennesee 0 1
Indianapolis 0 1
Jacksonville 0 1
Positive Rep sent your way...I like it!!! I like it, ALOT!!!
Old 09-08-2006   #6
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants D should be one of the best this season. I hope they send the Colts home with their tail between their legs.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I got all caught up in the brother vs brother thing, and I was going to root for Peyton.......... I can't stand Eli.

Thank you guys for this thread...... I can't root for Indy.

Lets go NYG.......
Old 09-08-2006   #8
veazeyt
Rookie

I think, another realm of possibility will be that The Titans and The Texans start off 1-0. Putting them in a tie to in the division. In which case, I wouldn't mind so much!
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I got all caught up in the brother vs brother thing, and I was going to root for Peyton.......... I can't stand Eli.

Thank you guys for this thread...... I can't root for Indy.

Lets go NYG.......
I can't stand either one...a tie would do for me. If not, then GO NYG!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006   #10
AtheGreat
Veteran

Postive thinking at its finest. Leading the division EVER would be a monument for a rebuilt team. now only if we could hold that lead for 17 weeks....
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat
Postive thinking at its finest. Leading the division EVER would be a monument for a rebuilt team. now only if we could hold that lead for 17 weeks....

I Love Me Some Me................. Woooooooo!!
Old 09-08-2006   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94340 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

We just need wins, everything else will sort itself out.
Old 09-09-2006   #13
jmerog
Veteran

And if we beat indy the following week i think i would crap myself.

Here's to needing depends.
Old 09-09-2006   #14
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont think the colts are gonna lose on sunday, and the titans i think will beat the jets, and McNabb is a real good QB and has been really good this preseason, but i think the texas will win
so i think the texans, colts and titans will be all 1-0
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Check out the "official Colts injury report"

Link: Week 1 Colts Injury Report
Auch
Old 09-09-2006   #16
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
And if we beat indy the following week i think i would crap myself.

Here's to needing depends.
Old 09-09-2006   #17
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think Indy is a very overrated team this year. They have lost a lot and have been very fortunate the last couple of years with respect to injuries. Manning does not like pressure. He is going to miss one of the best running back - pass protectors in the league. When pressured Manning is no different than any other QB in the league, he makes mistakes plus he gets emmotional. Upset his pyschy and you win the game. He likes to intimmidate the officials, the opposition and his coaches, but when he doesn't get his way he is easily beaten.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

you said the giants v. colts with a giants victory was THE upset of opening day?! The Texans beating the Eagles isn't an upset?
Old 09-09-2006   #19
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
you said the giants v. colts with a giants victory was THE upset of opening day?! The Texans beating the Eagles isn't an upset?
Actually, I think the Texans beating the Eagles would mostly be an upset to the Eagles Fans. If you can believe the experts it will be a close game.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
Actually, I think the Texans beating the Eagles would mostly be an upset to the Eagles Fans. If you can believe the experts it will be a close game.
a former 2 -14 team beating a team that should've gone to the playoffs last year is an upset in my book.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read