Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Has anyone see our 2005 review on ESPN?

I didn't want to look at it because I never want to think of that season again but I couldn't help it because it fired me up to really hope for a better season.

At first it made me laugh when it was talking about our front 7. You could tell it was trying to pull out whatever it could to brag about them but had very little to say anything with. Travis Johnson had 40 tackles and 1 sack, Payne turned in 2 sacks etc...
I smiled a bit though when they said Orr had 7 sacks.

The clip on Dunta made me feel real good though when they showed all the passes he defensed, and you really got a feel for how much he is a leader and wants to win.

Then when they showed Kubiak and Carr, all I could think of was how much the old regime hampered this team with lack of real coaching.

I liked how you heard Kubiak say that Carr is like a sponge and soaks in all his coaching.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #2
Snapple
Veteran

I actually liked the atmosphere on the board last season. Today, people are fractured over the direction of the team. Last year, people were too busy self-medicating after a loss to argue. We were miserable, but we were miserable together, dammit.

And yes, there's always Dunta. And don't forget Mathis! He made the team watchable anytime he made a return. I hope they included him in the review.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

2005 is dead to me
Old 09-08-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I only knew there was a 2005 because they put that # on the title of the review.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I watched it yesterday, on NFL Network I think. I almost didn't want to see it because last year was horrible - however the show actually focused more on the changes made in the offseason and it made me feel very positive about this season and the future of the Texans.

Some nice bits on Mathis, Ryans, Lundy and of course Big Mario Williams.

Carr haters ain't gonna like what Kubes says about his QB, but it bodes well for the team that they see something many of us coach potatoes don't see in our underacheiving signal caller. If Carr has a breakout year, so do the Texans.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't watch it.. I imagine "El presidente" will be mentioned over and over
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read