Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
Rightnow
Veteran

Talking Is it just I, or is this place getting wackier the closer it gets to Sunday?

It seems to me the threads are getting more intense, more hostile and everyone is on edge. So much is riding on this first game because it might set the tempo for the year. The Eagles want another SB run, the Texans want a win to build on. I know some people want Carr and Mario to succeed, and others them both to fail. Everyone is anxious for the season to start and the nervousness is showing up here.

Come on Sunday! Go Texans!
Old 09-08-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

First game of the season, I'm still trying to see things with an objective eye. The desire for us to win may get the best of me eventually.
Old 09-08-2006   #3
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

I didn't know that anybody wanted Carr and Williams to fail. I hope they have a great season and I hope the Texans have at least a 8-8 record.

Cannot wait for Sunday to get here. It is driving me insane.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #4
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
First game of the season, I'm still trying to see things with an objective eye. The desire for us to win may get the best of me eventually.

Same.

Ive tried to be as non partial in my predictions and judgements...but this damn offseason took forever to go by. Im ready for some football. Last night I watched the game...although with DVR...I think I watched it about 5 times rewinding plays, and fast forwarding commercials.

Im just so amped up that the season is here my judgement is probably a little clouded.
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Our season is so close, I can't stand it!

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 09-08-2006   #6
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
I didn't know that anybody wanted Carr and Williams to fail. I hope they have a great season and I hope the Texans have at least a 8-8 record.

its not driving me as insane as it would had there not been UT / ohio state to hold me off.
Old 09-08-2006   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

It's plain simple. We all love football!!
I'm looking forward to an exciting game against Eagles.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

This could either be a very good weekend or a very bad weekend. First UT OSU, then Texans Eagles....here's to some good football and some good luck
Old 09-08-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

DBCooper...

Where have you been the last 35 years?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
DBCooper...

Where have you been the last 35 years?
Recuperating from an unfortunate pine cone insertion and spending his money.
Old 09-08-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Recuperating from an unfortunate pine cone insertion and spending his money.
Do we want to know?
Old 09-08-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Do we want to know?
Quote:
D. B. Cooper, aka Dan Cooper, is a pseudonym given to a notorious aircraft hijacker who in 1971, after receiving a ransom payout of $200,000, leapt from the back of a Boeing 727 as it was flying over the Pacific Northwest. No conclusive evidence has ever surfaced regarding Cooper's whereabouts, and several theories offer competing explanations of what happened after his famed jump. The only clues to have turned up in the case are ambiguous: around $5,000 that washed up on the banks of the Columbia River, and part of a sign believed to be from the rear stairway of the plane from which Cooper jumped. The nature of Cooper's escape and the uncertainty of his fate continue to intrigue people. Today, the Cooper case remains the world's only unsolved hijacking.
Link
Old 09-08-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Friggin history buffs. I wasn't alive then; I can claim existential ignorance on this one.
Old 09-08-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

im still in shutup and pray mode....seeing the texans cheerleaders last night definitely helped

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle

Don't fool yourselves... there are a few petty people around who'd like nothing more than Mario and/or DC to fail.

Unfortunate but true...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Don't fool yourselves... there are a few petty people around who'd like nothing more than Mario and/or DC to fail.

Unfortunate but true...
And who would those people be and how do you measure that?
Old 09-08-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Friggin history buffs. I wasn't alive then; I can claim existential ignorance on this one.
Nope--he pops up all over. The movie Without A Paddle is about looking for his money. Kid Rock's Bawitaba has a lyric--DB Cooper and the money he took. He's a sneaky reference all over.
Old 09-08-2006   #18
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
im still in shutup and pray mode....seeing the texans cheerleaders last night definitely helped
Is that you with a Titan's jersey on? I understand it's a Young jersey, but geez...
Old 09-08-2006   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Nice--dude wears a friggin VY Tacks jersey to a Texans' event.
Old 09-08-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
SWT, where you been buddy? I would have denied you access to the event in that getup.

Our cheerleaders are a special breed, that is for sure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read