Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL 2006: Can Kubiak bring wins to Houston?

By KRISTIE RIEKEN,
AP Sports Writer
September 8, 2006

HOUSTON (AP) -- Gary Kubiak had just one losing season in his nine-year playing career, and as an assistant coach in Denver he hasn't seen one since 1999.

The Houston Texans have never had a winning record, much less reached the .500 mark.

So what does the perennial winner expect from a team that plummeted to 2-14 last season?

"I just want to see us get better every time out," he said. "I want to see us keep preparing the way we're preparing. I know there'll be some good times and there'll be some tough times, but I just want to see us playing hard and be playing toward a common goal, and that is becoming a winner..."(cont)
Old 09-08-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just once, for laughs, he really needs to say that he just wants to see these guys execute.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

"I just want to see us get better every time out,"

Where are the people to parse this statement out and make it into Kubiak being a loser because he didn't say "I just want to see us win every game?"
Old 09-08-2006   #4
NJ Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak

Where are the people to parse this statement out and make it into Kubiak being a loser because he didn't say "I just want to see us win every game?"
Doing better doesn't imply winning or losing. You can still win the game but play terrible. And the reverse is true as well, they could play their hearts out but still get beaten.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Texan
Doing better doesn't imply winning or losing. You can still win the game but play terrible. And the reverse is true as well, they could play their hearts out but still get beaten.
It was a reference to a past dumb episode of parsing words too much.
Old 09-08-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

They're in another thread talking about how Carr is already putting the blame for a loss on the running game.

Just sit tight. They will be here in a moment to say that Kubiak is saying this now because he knows Carr isn't the answer anymore.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Since I am not allowed to give out rep.. i am mentally projecting positive rep at you right now.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2006   #8
Divebomb
Veteran

NEWS FLASH, no one plays to loose!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kind of like the rat hole we went down with "Not a must win game, but have to play well and show improvement" of last year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #10
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

The most important thing is that the players stay healthy this year, ecspecially A.J. we lost him last year along with Domanick, I truely believe if this team stay's healthy, we will go a long way.....
Old 09-08-2006   #11
profan
Veteran

Well i just want to see us execute better. If we can execute better than the other team, then our execution will allow us to improve. I think we showed we can execute in the preseason and hopefully we can continue to execute in the regular season. Improvement began when we executed our previous coaching staff. The previous staff just could not seem to get the players to execute.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #12
afcman
Veteran

I look for us to improve this season. But it's NEXT season that interest me. Especially the next draft.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #13
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. A certain former college QB probably would have b-slapped Kubs for saying that because he doesn't tolerate losing. I'm talking about the winningest college QB ever of course...David Greene.
Old 09-08-2006   #14
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Well i just want to see us execute better. If we can execute better than the other team, then our execution will allow us to improve. I think we showed we can execute in the preseason and hopefully we can continue to execute in the regular season. Improvement began when we executed our previous coaching staff. The previous staff just could not seem to get the players to execute.
speaking of dom and crew was that lethal injection or gas chamber?
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #15
PoolMaster21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Effort

Execution

Edge

It starts with effort, but undisiplined effort does not lead to execution. An excellent system and outstanding talent are meaningless without executing.

but

For the Texans to finally become a team that exites the fans for something other than existance, we need to be edgy - aggressive on defense, creative on offense, confident in the clutch. The only time we've shown true edge was in our opening game against the Cowboys.

When the defense gets angry and the offense gets confident then we'll have the edge.
PoolMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read