Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nasty as it gets

We sit here thinking of nicknames for our D, O and individual players, but those names just "naturally" tend to come...............

Quote:
"NASTY" BOY: Left tackle Charles Spencer has been through exactly one NFL training camp, and he's already earned a nickname.

The 6-foot-4, 337-pound rookie flattened a teammate - he won't say who - during practice, paving a huge hole for fullback Jameel Cook.

"The next day, the guys started calling me 'Nasty,'" said Spencer. "It kind of grew on me a little bit."

The moniker hasn't taken away the butterflies - Spencer is one of five Texans who will make their NFL debuts Sunday.

"There are going to be a lot of emotions flying through this locker room," said Spencer.

Spencer will get a fiery baptism - across the line will be three-time Pro Bowler Jevon Kearse. Quarterback David Carr was sacked 68 times last season, but the Texans allowed only four this preseason, the fewest of any AFC team.

Spencer may be the only rookie on the offensive front, but he's caught up in the lofty expectations the unit is setting for each game.

"Our ultimate goal is no sacks, no pressures and getting as many rushing yards as possible," Spencer said. "I believe that is a very good goal. We're living by that."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nasty indeed!

Now I REALLY want to know who he leveled
Old 09-08-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Great, now I got that Janet Jackson song stuck in my head.

I don't even know where it came from. I read nasty boy and then boom......there it was.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #4
Doom Capers
Veteran

Travis Johnson = Big Momma
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED

I don't even know where it came from. I read nasty boy and then boom......there it was.
Shaddup, don't mention this, now it's spreading!
Old 09-08-2006   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope he doesn't have any wardrobe malfunctions on gameday. THAT would be nasty!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

With the help of just a little make up, Winston could probably pass for the other "Nasty" bookend.........we could scare the PGEEEZ out of Philly this Sunday.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
what the... take that offff!!! That be hideous!
Agreed.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead of just "Nasty", he should be called.....THA BIG NASTY! That guy is a whale of a man.
Old 09-08-2006   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know I was thinking that Spencer should do just fine against Kearse. I mean when it comes to getting off the line because he did have to go against Mario for a while now and reportedly has been holding his own.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
You know I was thinking that Spencer should do just fine against Kearse. I mean when it comes to getting off the line because he did have to go against Mario for a while now and reportedly has been holding his own.
Doesn't Kearse line up on the left side? Spencer should face Howard the most.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp
Old 09-08-2006   #12
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Doesn't Kearse line up on the left side? Spencer should face Howard the most.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp

I would almost put money on them lining Kearse over Spencer at some point. The rookie at LT is too good an opportunity to just let him have a free pass. If Howard isn't already giving him more then he can handle.
Old 09-08-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Don't expect too many one on one match ups...Kubes knows he is a rookie and will probably have a lot of double TE sets, running backs staying in to help, or chipping the DE's b4 they go out on routes...I think Spencer will be fine...
Old 09-08-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
With the help of just a little make up, Winston could probably pass for the other "Nasty" bookend.........we could scare the PGEEEZ out of Philly this Sunday.
That's funny! And really very disturbing on several levels.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #15
PhillyFan
Veteran

Kearse lines up on the left....most of the time.

He rotates around. He plays both end spots for us, as well as the Joker, and in the nickel, he can back out on coverage.

That is why, even if his sack stats arent super impressive since he has been in Philly, he will be resigned at the end of his contract.

He is too versatile a player to let him go.

I cant wait to see our defensive line play more than 1 series, and get some serious pressure....they will be in Carrs head all day.
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #16
GoneTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED

Hey RED,

This should be "THE SONG" they play each time our OFFENSE 1st gets on the field! This should to fire up our TEXANS and the FANS!

Let's spread the word and GO TEXANS!

GoneTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #17
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

"it's Mr. Nasty Time!"
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan
Kearse lines up on the left....most of the time.

He rotates around. He plays both end spots for us, as well as the Joker, and in the nickel, he can back out on coverage.

That is why, even if his sack stats arent super impressive since he has been in Philly, he will be resigned at the end of his contract.

He is too versatile a player to let him go.

I cant wait to see our defensive line play more than 1 series, and get some serious pressure....they will be in Carrs head all day.
Yeah .... like cigarettes to a guy trying to quit .
Old 09-08-2006   #19
Divebomb
Veteran

When they call out David Carrs name they should play "Dude looks like a lady"
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #20
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
When they call out David Carrs name they should play "Dude looks like a lady"

Whenever you make a post they should play that song "Dude, there a about a billion other ****ing threads for you to bash Carr in, go find one of them and Bash him there".
Maybe you've heard it before...

...let me put a in here so you don't get too mad.

Last edited by michaelm; 09-08-2006 at 09:16 PM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read