Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-07-2006   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NCAA 2006 BCS Championship Predictions

So after the 1st week of play, I have decided on my two teams for the BCS Championship.

I would like to hear you guys' predictions as well.

Here goes:

West Virginia
vs.
Ohio State

Ohio State wins 20-17.
Old 09-07-2006   #2
Snapple
Veteran

See, this is going to look like an easier pick after week one than before, but I swear I made my championship game picks two months ago.

And that is Florida State vs. West Virginia.

Everyone knows why West Virginia has a great shot.

Florida State I picked for number of reasons as a dark horse of sorts, and I had full confidence that they would beat Miami last weekend, and they did.

The offense will get better from here, too. Drew Weatherford led all freshmen QBs in passing yards last year, and he will get better this year. The real off-season question was the defense, which looked like it would drop off because so much of the defense left in the NFL draft. I thought the defense would be underestimated, they were, and they held Miami to 10 points and 2 yards rushing.

Ohio State can beat Texas this weekend, and still not make the championship game. I just think that all the contenders in the Big 10 and the SEC have too tough of a schedule to run the table. I think Iowa is great, I think Michigan is great, I think Ohio State is great, I think Tennessee is great, I think Auburn is great, I think Florida is... overrated but still very good. They will beat up on each other and keep any one school from going unblemished through the season.

Same thing with Notre Dame. Last year, they had an easy schedule except for USC. This year, they have a tougher schedule, and I don't think they're elite enough to survive it.

My Longhorns have a shot if they can get past OSU, Oklahoma, and Nebraska, but I'm trying to keep from getting my hopes too high so my heart isn't broken. If I'm wrong and they win the national title, I won't care about my predictions.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like WV vs OSU. WV has a weak schedule, along with White and Slaton. I would love to see Oklahoma in it, but it probably wont happen. ND has to much hype, and will get upset sometime. Texas, just cant vote for them as an Oklahoma fan. That covers most of the big schools. Oh yea, and USC just lost to many guys.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

West Virginia is SCARY good. Not to mention their ridiculously easy schedule. If any top 25 team had their schedule they'd go undefeated.

But schedule aside, i think WVU has the talent to match up with anyone. They are fun to watch.
Old 09-07-2006   #5
Snapple
Veteran

At this point, I think I will actually be surprised if WVU doesn't run the table (up to bowl season anyway). The only tough game they had was Louisville, and Louisville lost Michael Bush.

Plus, they crushed a very good Georgia team, very badly. They should be feared.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know why yall are byin into the hype of ohio state, yall will see on saturday that they aint that good

Texas Vs West Virginia

Texas repeats, but it will be close
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #7
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

After the humiliating last year I have to go with West Virginia. Steve Slaton is like really good.
Old 09-07-2006   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Auburn vs. Ohio State

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #9
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Notre Dame vs. Ohio State. The rematch from last year. But this year ND pulls it out 35-24
Old 09-07-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Auburn vs Ohio State

I don't know why, but I can't see myself choosing West Virginia. West Virginia just doesn't scream football powerhouse to me. I guess I see West Virginia (the state) in the same light as I see Arkansas...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Auburn vs Ohio State

I don't know why, but I can't see myself choosing West Virginia. West Virginia just doesn't scream football powerhouse to me. I guess I see West Virginia (the state) in the same light as I see Arkansas...

Felt the same way until I watched the Sugar Bowl last year. They dominated Georgia. They went up 28-0 in the first half. Georgia came back, but still. Damn.
Old 09-08-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Felt the same way until I watched the Sugar Bowl last year. They dominated Georgia. They went up 28-0 in the first half. Georgia came back, but still. Damn.
Yeah I watched that game and I know WV has a very good team and the talent to win the National Championship. I just can't pull for a team from West Virginia. I know they're good, but I can't see myself choosing them for whatever reason.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
West Virginia is SCARY good. Not to mention their ridiculously easy schedule. If any top 25 team had their schedule they'd go undefeated.

But schedule aside, i think WVU has the talent to match up with anyone. They are fun to watch.
Noticed 'OL Lendale "pass me another biscuit" White is listed as propable this week. Ready to conseed the obvious yet ? Bad ankle huh ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #14
texanforlife
Rookie

WV
vs
Ohio State
texanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #15
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

West Virginia
vs.
Ohio State

Ohio State wins 20-17.

I have to agree, but my wild card is Auburn, and LSU looked pretty impressive.

One thing I know Texas should not be in the top 10. My top 10.

Ohio St
Notre Dame
Auburn
USC
West Virginia
LSU
Georgia
Oklahoma
Louisville
Tennessee
Virginia Tech
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read