Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2006   #1
Jerome_Brown_99
Veteran

Default ***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

For the record:

EAGLES WIN, 33 to 17
Jerome_Brown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles 24
Texans 10
Old 09-07-2006   #3
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 TFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performer

Texans-28
Eagles-14
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Eagles - 19
Texans - 10
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #5
Jerome_Brown_99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed
Eagles - 19
Texans - 10
Are yu a Texans fan?
Jerome_Brown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #6
u29
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Texans-28
Eagles-14

exactley how i see it...

only reverse...
u29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Texans-28
Eagles-14

Since when did the Texans get 14 points better than the Eagles? A new coach and Mario Williams? I think not.
Old 09-07-2006   #8
Snapple
Veteran

Eagles 20
Texans 10
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #9
Doug
All Pro

Texans - 20
Eagles - 17
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #10
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
Rookie

Eagles - 27
Texans - 9
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #11
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr - zero sacks with 3 TD passes
Texans Defense - 1 turnover (preferably an interception)
Texans RB's - combined 150 yrds.
Kris Brown - zero misses.

Do this and I am happy win or lose. (I'd rather have a win though)
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17
Old 09-07-2006   #13
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles 24

Texans 13

However, if we see some improvement on both sides of the ball (solid protection and an effective pass rush), I will be thrilled!
Old 09-07-2006   #14
humbleone
Veteran

[quote=Jerome_Brown_99]I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

Well, I'll bet it is really going to hurt when your great team loses to our lousy one this weekend...better buckle up buttercup
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #15
TNTitan
Veteran

Eagles 0
Texans 2

on a Mario sack of McNabb in the end zone wins it lol
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #16
mike230765
Rookie

Texans 21

Eagles 20
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting 5 rookies in critical positions like left tackle, running back, and middle linebacker isn't good. Those guys will make mistakes but it's important for the rest of the team to play better. With that said we have an excellent rookie class whom we will be depending on heavily throughout the season. It's going to be a tough test and Eagles are a good team.

Eagles 17
Texans 10.

I hope wholeheartedly I'm wrong though.
Old 09-07-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 20
Eagles 17

David Carr does not sack himself or have a turnover and commands a late drive to put Kris Brown in position for a chip shot for the game ending field goal.

If that happens this season will look a lot different than 6-10. All it takes is one spark when you have a support system and a coherent method of operation in place such as Kubiak's.
Old 09-07-2006   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this will be a close , low scoring game , the winner probably will not surpass 17 points .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #20
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17

Nice!

Eagles: 24
Texans: 17
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read