Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2006   #1
NJ Texan
Rookie

Default 100 things to expect this season

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2576813

Quote:
82: No. 1 pick Mario Williams will help improve the Houston Texans (their defense was a dreadful 31st overall in 2005), but not nearly as much as Bush would have (and I'd say that even if Domanick Davis wasn't out for the season).
Apparently Reggie Bush can play defense now.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Actually it doesn't say Bush will help with the defense. Re-read it without anger towards the media.

Edit: 49: No one outside the Bay Area -- and not in a fantasy league -- can name four 49ers. (I'll even spot you Alex Smith and Frank Gore.)

This is one of those sad but true statements. I read this and said "Who is Frank Gore?"

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 09-07-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #3
NJ Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Actually it doesn't say Bush will help with the defense. Re-read it without anger towards the media.
Hah. You're right. Oops.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently there's another Texan fan obsessed with Reggie Bush.

Bush thread counter: 210
Mario thread counter: 50
Old 09-07-2006   #5
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Edit: 49: No one outside the Bay Area -- and not in a fantasy league -- can name four 49ers. (I'll even spot you Alex Smith and Frank Gore.)

This is one of those sad but true statements. I read this and said "Who is Frank Gore?"
Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
49: No one outside the Bay Area -- and not in a fantasy league -- can name four 49ers. (I'll even spot you Alex Smith and Frank Gore.)
Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Trent Dilfer, Antonio Bryant, Bryant Young, Arnaz Battle, Vernon Davis, Joe Nedney, and I think Ken Dorsey is still on the team, too.

That's what I got off the top of my head.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #7
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Montana
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2006   #8
Snapple
Veteran

We all know Joe Montana, and Steve Young and Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice, etc. I think he meant players on the current, horrible 49ers team.
Old 09-07-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

I had Antonio Bryant and Vernon Davis, ... who is Frank Gore?

And Tack, how many of those 210 mention Mario Williams too?

In my reckoning, for every Reggie Bush thread there is a Mario thread because people will inevitably try to compare them.

That said, continue on with Niners commentary
Old 09-07-2006   #10
CMoak1982
Rookie

Frank Gore is RB out of Miami. He was a 3rd or 4th round pick last year ended the season with something like 6 or 7 hundred yards. An awesome back coming out of highschool, he ran for 3000 yards his senior season, was supposed to be the next big thing, but in college he tore up both his knees, McGahee style, and has came back from it.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #11
CMoak1982
Rookie

I can name a few, Kwame Harris LT, Shawntea Spencer DB, one of the most underrated MLB Derek Smith. Eric Johnson TE.
Old 09-07-2006   #12
Snapple
Veteran

Fantasy football players had better learn the name Frank Gore, because he's about to bust out this year. He played well last year, but because the Niners are morons, they never let Gore surpass Barlow on the depth chart for starting RB, even though Barlow was horrible.

Now that Barlow is in New York, Gore is going to be the feature back, and I expect him to have a good fantasy year. Better than Yahoo has him ranked.

Franke Gore is also noteworthy because he had one of the worst Wonderlic scores ever. Doesn't stop him from running though, apparently.
Old 09-07-2006   #13
Eagles78
Rookie

Number 11 is bullsh!t!
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #14
CMoak1982
Rookie

Gore had trouble with any kind of mental activities, he's just not that book smart and still made it to Miami, I'll tell you one thing though, with all the crap that guy had to go through growing up and still working as hard as he has he must be a pretty good guy dumb or not.
Old 09-07-2006   #15
CMoak1982
Rookie

What's BS?
Old 09-07-2006   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles78
Number 11 is bullsh!t!
I agree, the Eagles go to playoffs, in fact they have homefield advantage.

15-1 season, they go undefeated after losing to the Texans!

*And thanks for knocking down the other teams in our division along the way*
Old 09-07-2006   #17
CMoak1982
Rookie

The NFC as a whole is starting to get more tough teams, and I think it will be a dog fight in the East, anyone of those teams could take it and with all the beating up on eachother I don't see a team from the east taking Wild Card Spots.
Old 09-07-2006   #18
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Eric Heitmann plays for the Niners
Old 09-07-2006   #19
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Moran Norris is a 49er. Also, didn't Gore have like three knee surguries in college?
Old 09-07-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Come on now, Gore played against us when he played the 9ers last year...someone has to remeber him

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read