Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default 1st game of the season tonight 7 on NBC.

Miami at Pittsburgh. Who'll win and why?

I say Miami 17 - 10 because Charlie Batch will throw two INT's.
Old 09-07-2006   #2
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

i think miami will win because of charlie batch's mistakes. can't say the score.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #3
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Rascal Flatts is performing tonight... I hope they get boo'ed. They suck.

Anyways, Pittsburgh will win because of their D.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Miami for the win chuck....Pittsburgh's d will be softer in the middle this year and fast willie doesn't impress me much. Miami will squat on the run and force Batch to beat them (just like the Eagles will do with Houston Sunday).
Plus Culpepper has a new go to WR--Chris Chambers--very underrated.
Old 09-07-2006   #5
AtheGreat
Veteran

i know i already put my money down for the Dolphins this week. I think yall are right saying that batch will throw a few picks. Isn't Hines doubtful or questionable? i dont remember which. either way, passing game is going to be weak so the D knows whats coming. I'm also really excited to see what Chambers can do with a real QB. should be a great game to kick off the season. GO FOOTBALL!
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #6
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

This isn't going to be much of a contest. Every time I have seen Batch play in the NFL it was a joke. Pitt will grind it out on the ground, and Miami will load the box.

Miami wins:

24 - 17
Old 09-07-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ward is listed as probable--he'll play.
Old 09-07-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Ward is listed as probable--he'll play.
With Batch at the helm, I'm not sure he needs to play. If they can't run the ball Miami will take the win.
Old 09-07-2006   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WTH is on my TV?

What is this on my TV? Rascal Flatts sang what I believe was the worst music I have ever heard in my life. Country rap? That was suckatrocious!
Diddy was not much better.

Is this the new school game? I am not down with all this pre-game music crap, I want stats, analysis and FOOTBALL. If I want a lame concert, I will look it for it in its proper place. Gimme Hank and can the rest of it.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #10
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
What is this on my TV? Rascal Flatts sang what I believe was the worst music I have ever heard in my life. Country rap? That was suckatrocious!
Diddy was not much better.

Is this the new school game? I am not down with all this pre-game music crap, I want stats, analysis and FOOTBALL. If I want a lame concert, I will look it for it in its proper place. Gimme Hank and can the rest of it.
To make it worse, Diddy's lips didn't match up to what was being said.. he clearly didn't sing it. It was bad pre game music all around.
Old 09-07-2006   #11
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

hey hey hey eh eh... GET ON THE BUS... I love it.
Old 09-07-2006   #12
afcman
Veteran

What a STUPID pregame show! 10 seconds of, uh, diddy?, and I was gone until the game. :brickwall
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

That song by pink was a piece of crap. They'd better not be serious.

why does nbc's pregame stuff seem so amateurish?
Old 09-07-2006   #14
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
That song by pink was a piece of crap. They'd better not be serious.

why does nbc's pregame stuff seem so amateurish?
I like Pink, but not in this format. Not her element.

Maybe it is just a fluke and this is the only time we will be subjected to this.
Crossing my fingers that things will return to normal by Sunday.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like the Steelers D picked up where they left off. Everytime I watch the Steeler's D I think of what our 3-4 should of looked like......attacking. Why did Capers would run a conservative 3-4.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not just that. If they didn't have Porter they would have somebody else bringing the heat. They run alot of blitzes. When I found out we were going to run the 3-4, I was really excited, but it never got off the ground.
Old 09-07-2006   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I have three FF players in this game...R. Brown, C. Chambers, and H. Miller. The way things are going in this game....I'm screwed.
Old 09-07-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Its not just that. If they didn't have Porter they would have somebody else bringing the heat. They run alot of blitzes. When I found out we were going to run the 3-4, I was really excited, but it never got off the ground.

Capers left a lot of questions unanswered. That is just one of the many.
Old 09-07-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I have three FF players in this game...R. Brown, C. Chambers, and H. Miller. The way things are going in this game....I'm screwed.
I have Ronnie Brown too. This is my first year playing - not a good start.
Old 09-07-2006   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
the biggest problem is that it was Fangio's defense...not Capers.
That right there was my biggest problem with Capers. He paid the bills and made his name running defenses and then when he becomes our head coach he turns over the reigns, Capers let other people decide his fate and they finally did him in. Thats why I like Kubiak, he's our head coach, but in the end he still is the guy running our offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read