Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-06-2006   #1
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Default Favre Wants To Be Traded?

There has been some talk on some Wisconsin radio stations that Favre is asking to be traded to a better team. Wow.... what a great guy Brett is. Jerk!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
Texans86
All Pro

No link, No cred. Sorry.

Wouldn't surprise me though. Green Bay is pretty bad.
Old 09-06-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
There has been some talk on some Wisconsin radio stations that Favre is asking to be traded to a better team. Wow.... what a great guy Brett is. Jerk!
Are there really any good teams that still need a starting QB?

So much for "this team has the most talent of any year I've ever played, even better than the Super Bowl teams"

EDIT: Here's a link from before mentioning that Brett hasn't ruled out the possibility that he could play for a different team this year, so I would say this is credible.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../60906066/1989
Old 09-06-2006   #4
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
No link, No cred. Sorry.

Wouldn't surprise me though. Green Bay is pretty bad.
That is why I added a question mark -----> ?

LOL!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
No link, No cred. Sorry.
Not to attack you personally, but why do people always say this? I mean sometimes news breaks on TV or on the radio. Just because there is no link to it doesn't mean it isn't true. You know, there is a world outside the internet. Again sorry, just had to vent.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
You know, there is a world outside the internet.
Link?
Old 09-06-2006   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't heard a peep out of my Wisconsin GB-loving friend. I question this tidbit of info...
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Link?
www.wikipedia.com
Old 09-06-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

What he said was if the team wanted to rebuild and he still felt like playing he would consider going to another team. It has been reported all over the internet and TV. Dude isn't a jerk for saying if the team wants to move on he isn't just going to pack it in if he doesn't want to.
Old 09-06-2006   #10
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

The only teams I can think of that could use Bret, and has a chance at the Superbowl is Washington or San Diego. Washington being the most likely because SD has P. Rivers. Will this happen? I doubt it.
Old 09-07-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
The only teams I can think of that could use Bret, and has a chance at the Superbowl is Washington or San Diego. Washington being the most likely because SD has P. Rivers. Will this happen? I doubt it.
Teams that would definitely have an upgrade with Favre and might be able to put a deep run together shortly: Washington, Dallas, Jacksonville, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa--not saying it is likely any of those teams would make the deal (obviously Atlanta would not despite it being in their best interest) just an outside the box list.
Old 09-07-2006   #12
RiotCommander
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Teams that would definitely have an upgrade with Favre and might be able to put a deep run together shortly: Washington, Dallas, Jacksonville, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa--not saying it is likely any of those teams would make the deal (obviously Atlanta would not despite it being in their best interest) just an outside the box list.

Chicago should give them a call. They could use him if anyone could. He could give them 2 years at least if protected. I just don't know how much he has left in the tank.
Old 09-07-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

chicago.wouldn't that stir up some packer fans.. ole Brett strolling in to Lambo with a Big orange C on th side of his helmet
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
chicago.wouldn't that stir up some packer fans.. ole Brett strolling in to Lambo with a Big orange C on th side of his helmet

I know, but think about it. If the Packers piss him off enough he would want something like that. Sort of a "I told you so". I just think the Packers would ask for more then he is worth. Ala Patriots with Branch.
Old 09-07-2006   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
Chicago should give them a call. They could use him if anyone could. He could give them 2 years at least if protected. I just don't know how much he has left in the tank.
I'd say the teams he would work out best on are Chicago, Atlanta and then the Jags. All teams with good to great D's and the 1st two with very good D's and rushing O's and particularly the 1st two with underutilized passing games. Never happen in Atlanta or Jax though but if they wanted to make a run they should consider it.
Old 09-07-2006   #16
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5941392

That may help someone looking for a link. I think Farve has 2 years left, at the most. Last year looked bad because his team injuries, key players, so he just tried to make things happen. Put on another team, and he could take them to the playoffs.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Long live #4
Old 09-07-2006   #18
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

From what I've interpeted, he told Costa's if the Packers decide to go on in rebuilding mode without him, he wouldn't rule out the possibility of heading to another squad.

"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said, according to an advance transcript. "If it comes to a point where they do start over, and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over, it's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say no."

Written today-

Favre won't rule out leaving Packers
CHRIS JENKINS
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Although Brett Favre says he's "99.9 percent" sure he'll retire as a Green Bay Packer, he can't rule out the possibility he might finish his career with another team.

But before Cheesehead Nation begins trembling at the thought of seeing Favre in some shade of teal - or, worse yet, wearing Vikings horns - note that the 36-year-old said he'd only consider playing elsewhere if the Packers decided they wanted to rebuild without him.

In a taped interview scheduled to air on the HBO show "Costas Now" on Wednesday night, Favre was asked if he might be tempted to play for a team that appeared to be only a quarterback away from Super Bowl contention.

"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said, according to an advance transcript. "If it comes to a point where they do start over, and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over, it's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say no."

Asked on Wednesday about that comment, which could be interpreted as a position shift for Favre, who previously maintained he'd rather retire than play for another team, Favre said he wasn't trying to send a message to fans that they should start preparing for his departure.

"I said, 'I've always said I'll play in Green Bay, love to play in Green Bay, loyal, this is home to me.' And I still believe that," Favre said.

But if the Packers didn't want him back and he was just sitting at home next offseason?

"Would I consider playing for someone else? I guess I would," Favre said. "Do I think that'll happen? I'm 99.9 percent sure that that won't happen. So, that's it."

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he has no indication that Favre would like to play anywhere else.

"If I was a betting man, I'd bet he retires a Green Bay Packer," McCarthy said.

Of course, Midwestern sports fans might be wary of such guarantees from big-time athletes. Michael Jordan said he was 99.9 percent sure he wouldn't play again after his second retirement from the Chicago Bulls in 1999, then played for the Washington Wizards in 2001-03.

And Favre has paid attention to a situation involving another veteran quarterback, Steve McNair, who found a new starting job with a potential contender in Baltimore after the Tennessee Titans let him go. Favre and McNair share an agent, James "Bus" Cook.

"They're saying that he's the piece that they've been missing," Favre said. "Time will tell, but I think that he is very happy with that situation."

But Favre said he doesn't consider his situation in Green Bay, where the Packers are trying to improve on last year's 4-12 record with a youth-oriented roster, comparable to what happened with McNair in Tennessee - where the Titans at one point barred him from entering their practice facility.

"I haven't been kicked out of this building yet, so there's a little different situation there," Favre said.

Although Favre admits he has concerns about how the Packers' two rookie starting guards will hold up against the Chicago Bears' ultra-quick defensive front in the opener at Lambeau Field on Sunday, he's generally excited about starting the season.

"I'm not going to sit here and say I don't mind getting hit every week, play after play," Favre said. "I'm not going to say that. But I have to admit I'm very optimistic about this season until something else happens, until a point where I say, 'There's no need to be optimistic anymore.' But I like the way we do things."

And he says he's happy he decided to return to the Packers.

"I have no idea what's going to happen this season, but so far I've been energetic in camp and happy to be here," Favre said. "I think the rest of the guys are that way. Do I think we'll struggle at times? Absolutely. But my first year here, not knowing any different, as I look back we went 9-7 and got on a six-game win streak and we weren't very good. We were well-coached, but we were not very good, and we somehow found a way to get it done.

"Do I think this team can do it? Absolutely."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/15454196.htm

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read