Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2006   #1
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Sounds like Carr is already passing the buck...

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Quote:

“We will just try to get some completions and run the football well. I think, especially, if we can run the football well that’s going to show how we will play the entire year. If we’re able to run the ball effectively, that’s how our offense will play. Play-action, it’s all set up off the run game. If we can’t do that, then it’s going to be tough.”

Anticipating and making excuses already?
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, what he said was true...so I'll take it for what it's worth...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
Well, what he said was true...so I'll take it for what it's worth...

I live in the Valley. I'm a Carr supporter. I just don't like that statement. While football is a team sport, he has to take responsibility for his own play and I don't see that.
Old 09-06-2006   #4
Texans86
All Pro

In a run based system, if the run gets shut down, we're in trouble. If no one is afraid of the run, then we can't PA pass. Basically what he said is true. Also, quotes taken out of context can mean almost anything.
Old 09-06-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear you NFL, I do. But running the football is the motor to Gary Kubiak's vehicle...it's got to work in order for defenses to believe Carr's gonna hand off, which opens up the play fakes and bootlegs.
Now should he have said that, I dunno. I see your point there.
Old 09-06-2006   #6
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
In a run based system, if the run gets shut down, we're in trouble. If no one is afraid of the run, then we can't PA pass. Basically what he said is true. Also, quotes taken out of context can mean almost anything.
True... to a point. It just worries me. I'd like to hear him be more confident, in his own ability and others.
Old 09-06-2006   #7
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
I hear you NFL, I do. But running the football is the motor to Gary Kubiak's vehicle...it's got to work in order for defenses to believe Carr's gonna hand off, which opens up the play fakes and bootlegs.
Now should he have said that, I dunno. I see your point there.

Yes, it does. We've seen with no running game and only one target, how he gets slammed in the dirt and the team loses.

This statement concerns me, like he is anticipating the worst.

Do you think he's mad we didn't take Bush?
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that statement and Carr's responsibilities are relative. He is just stating the obvious.... Kubiak brought the Broncos system with him, and Carr described it pretty well. If anything that statement just shows that Carr understands his place in the offense. I am actually pleased by it.
Old 09-06-2006   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

He might have been a little concerned, but with Moulds and better coaching around him, he's got to be feeling better. It's like he's a rookie all over again.
What part of the Valley NFL?
Old 09-06-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

just Carr following Kubiaks lead

Quote:
(on Philadelphia defense) “Their scheme is just awesome. (defensive coordinator) Coach (Jim) Johnson does an unbelievable job with that defense and he has since he’s been there. (He is) one of the toughest guys to prepare for, in my mind, in this business, from an offensive side. They play hard, they give it up for their team and you know you’re going to get their best effort every week. We’ve got our work cut out for us so it’s going to be a tough day and we’ve got to get ready to go.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #11
Texans86
All Pro

After going and reading the entire quote from Carr I can understand why he said what he did.

(on what he will try to do Sunday to get the Texans started) “We will just try to get some completions and run the football well. I think, especially, if we can run the football well that’s going to show how we will play the entire year. If we’re able to run the ball effectively, that’s how our offense will play. Play-action, it’s all set up off the run game. If we can’t do that, then it’s going to be tough.”

He's not making excuses. He's simply stating what the offense is. Everyone on this message board knows our offense is based on the run, and yet Carr is called out for it when he says the exact same thing.
Old 09-06-2006   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, are you surprised? We all know David's motto "Just play well!".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

Besides, if we are talking about excuses, I think Mario already has his set up.

(on whether he has played Madden as himself against McNabb and how that went) “I could never get to him.”

We're in big trouble now.
Old 09-06-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

He basically just described Denver's offensive scheme that they've been running for years, the same one we run here...I don't see why this is even a story. Kubiak's system is a run oriented offense, he's probably just repeating what he's been hearing all offseason. People are now just getting rediculous.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Just have never considered him Texan. He is a soft spoken aw shucks type guy. Which is great unless you become the face of the Texans, who are the complete opposite of what "their face" looks, acts and plays like.

Regardless of the image thing, I just want the dude to play mistake free and contribute to the offense's improvement.
Old 09-06-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
He basically just described Denver's offensive scheme that they've been running for years, the same one we run here...I don't see why this is even a story. Kubiak's system is a run oriented offense, he's probably just repeating what he's been hearing all offseason. People are now just getting rediculous.
I agree totally, but they've been rediculous for some time now--on both sides.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what he says, I just wanna see what he does on the field. Is it just me or is Carr becoming almost Capers like in his interviews? It just seems like he always spits out the same basic sports talk cliches.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
I'd like to hear him be more confident, in his own ability and others.
And the Russian judge deducts 10 points for style.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #19
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
I don't care what he says, I just wanna see what he does on the field. Is it just me or is Carr becoming almost Capers like in his interviews? It just seems like he always spits out the same basic sports talk cliches.
I am not a Carr fan yet - I think he needs to step up. No more excuses. As for his comments to the media, I can't blame him for keeping it neutral since whatever he says will be repeated, taken out of context and analized ad nauseum.

I just hope he has more fire in the belly and hunger to win than he sounds.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #20
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Just have never considered him Texan. He is a soft spoken aw shucks type guy. Which is great unless you become the face of the Texans, who are the complete opposite of what "their face" looks, acts and plays like.

Regardless of the image thing, I just want the dude to play mistake free and contribute to the offense's improvement.
After the beating he's taken it's a little much too ask of him to be a cocky gunslinger. That being said, I'd prefer him to say "Even if they can stop the run, our passing game can carry us." I think there's something to be said for a little cockiness in the quarterback. Maybe he's just a modest, actions speak louder than words guy.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read