Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-06-2006   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Texas vs Ohio State Predictions

haven't seen a thread yet so...

Who are you taking?

My take on it is Ohio State does have a stronger offense, but not by much. Texas' Defense is very solid as Ohio State I would say has a below average defense. The game will be won on special teams as most games are, but just from what I saw last week...and knowing history of all the players on both teams.

I am picking Texas, 35-32.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I predict that I will be at the game! I have never seen a #1 vs #2 matchup unless it was in my toilet. I'm pumped. Does anyone know if the College Gameday crew is supposed to be there? We're spending the night in Austin Friday and Saturday. Sunday, we get up and drive to Houston to see some dead Eagles. The Texans season tickets are mine, but as far as the Longhorn tickets go, thank God for good friends.

Texas 26
Ohio St. 23
Old 09-06-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a tough call. Texas has a freshman QB, going against a all new defense, and Texas just lost Tarell Brown for the game. I think that Ohio St. will win with a veteran QB. I do think it will be a close one that is decided on a big defensive play.

Ohio St. 27-20.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #4
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Texas doesn't have to do anything more than feed the ball to the running backs, hit the TE over the middle, and not let Ginn roast what should be all-time double coverage with a safety deep. If they don't give up multiple big plays, they should roll...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #5
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Close game that I expect to be dominated by defense. Gotta go with home field as the tie-breaker.

UT 20
OSU 16
Old 09-06-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Texas doesn't have to do anything more than feed the ball to the running backs, hit the TE over the middle, and not let Ginn roast what should be all-time double coverage with a safety deep. If they don't give up multiple big plays, they should roll...
Texas has two first round DBs that are "locks" as 1st day picks in '07...... I think they'll give Ginn a thing or two to worry about.

BradyQuinn also looked pretty avg against GT....... the reason ND dropped to #6 in the country.

Texas' offense doesn't look to have missed a beat...... against NorthernTexas(or whoever that was they beat)...... the reason they moved up to #2.

My brother-in-laws & I will be pulling for JamalCharles our hometown kid, so I'm going a gainst the odds(ESPN poll I saw this morning...... ohio 68% Texas 32%) & picking Texas in an upset.
Old 09-06-2006   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Texas has two first round DBs that are "locks" as 1st day picks in '07...... I think they'll give Ginn a thing or two to worry about.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574915

You mean Texas will have one first round CB playing that day.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2006   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

I just dont think Colt is ready yet. Looked ok last weekend, but that was against North Texas, not USC in a championship game! It will be closer than what I expeted before the season, but unfortanately I think Ohio State gets the Horns in Austin....

OSU 27
Horns 20
Old 09-06-2006   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Troy > Colt

OSU 30, Texas 24
Old 09-06-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

UT- 24
Ohio State - 28

It will be a low scoring game. Ohio State is better this year. Texas also lost their best CB.... Ginn is gunna have an awesome game, IMHO.
Old 09-06-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

texas wins big

42-17

Ohio States Defense is a joke, and texas' defense will confuse Troy Smith
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate the Buckeyes BUT..............

Ohio State 38
Texas 21
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574915

You mean Texas will have one first round CB playing that day.
I didn't even click the link.

but you mentioning that, I know what it's about.

You are 100% correct.
Old 09-06-2006   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

OSU will win. The offense is crazy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

You guys are WAY off :-)

OSU 17, UT 10 ( or 14).

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #16
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Sorry everyone have to go with the Buckeyes here, even though I love the Texans, but I am originally from Ohio, so score will be.....

OSU 35 Texas 17
Old 09-06-2006   #17
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I really do think this game is going to be big, But i really hope Texas can live up to the hype, their going to have a freshman qb out there, and no Tarrel Brown. Thats just going to help fuel an already explosive OSU offense, but the last time Texas played a #1 team while being ranked #2, I predict Texas in a very close game.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio State 27
Texas 21

Just because I don't like Texas
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I plan on recording the game, that way I can watch it over and over so I can really picture what Troy Smith will look like in a Texans uniform.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yall are trippin texas got this game, ohio state aint ****
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read