Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2006   #1
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander
Default Roster Moves

Texans make roster moves
September 05, 2006
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have signed the following player, it was announced today:

NAME POS HT WT EXP COLLEGE
Roy Manning LB 6-2 250 2 Michigan

Additionally, the Texans waived the following player:

Brad Bedell T 6-4 307 5 Colorado

The Texans also signed the following players to the practice squad:

David Anderson WR 5-10 197 R Colorado State
Robert Douglas FB 6-2 237 1 Memphis
Anthony Maddox DT 6-1 295 3 Delta State
Chris Taylor RB 6-0 224 R Indiana
John Walker S 6-1 204 R Southern California

The Texans waived the following player from the practice squad:

Kevin Curtis S 6-2 213 2 Texas Tech

The Texans currently have 53 players on the active roster and eight players on the practice squad.

Edit: Please fix the title *sigh* my bad.
Old 09-05-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

we already know all of this?
Old 09-05-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
we already know all of this?

Do we? Sorry, I just kept seeing people crying about Taylor getting cut. I didn't know he had been signed to the practice squad until now.
Old 09-05-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
Edit: Please fix the title *sigh* my bad.
I did it! My first mod. I do have upside.
Old 09-05-2006   #5
RiotCommander
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner

Thanks!, and Grats on being a mod. =)
Old 09-05-2006   #6
K.D.
Veteran

They have 5 players listed, but they say they have 8, who are the 3 remaining guys?
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

who is this Roy Manning guy.. im seeing no record of him on the nfl homepage.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks!, and Grats on being a mod. =)
Not so fast - it didn't do it on the main page. Darn rookie.

Edit: somebody else got it. I need to play behind a vet.
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
*Mel Kiper* Next up we got Runner, Mod, out of Texas. Ran a disappointing 40 but had a great workout, a physical speciman with tremendous upside. *Mel Kiper*
Old 09-05-2006   #10
RiotCommander
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
*Mel Kiper* Next up we got Runner, Mod, out of Texas. Ran a disappointing 40 but had a great workout, a physical speciman with tremendous upside. *Mel Kiper*

*Any ESPN anchor* Enough about that Mel, lets go back to the Texans passing on Bush. How can they ever again move on as a franchise. They may as well close up shop right now!
Old 09-05-2006   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Not so fast - it didn't do it on the main page. Darn rookie.

Edit: somebody else got it. I need to play behind a vet.
Lucky for you we have Kubiak leading the team and the mods now. He doesn't hesitate to start rookies. I guess since I'm an overpriced vet I might be going the way of Robaire Smith or Todd Wade.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

I don't even think about Reggie Bush when I post. I just try to do my job.

Question: who is going to get this thread back on topic?
Old 09-05-2006   #13
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
who is this Roy Manning guy.. im seeing no record of him on the nfl homepage.
played last year for Packers for Sherman
Old 09-05-2006   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

I think he (Roy Manning) backed up A.J. Hawk or at least thats what I have been hearing. And its not like you can cut your first-round pick regardless of how he performs. In the first year you pretty much get a free pass. After that your on your own.
Old 09-06-2006   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he (Roy Manning) backed up A.J. Hawk or at least thats what I have been hearing. And its not like you can cut your first-round pick regardless of how he performs. In the first year you pretty much get a free pass. After that your on your own.
FREE PASS!

I know of a couple from this years draft that have already modeled for their HOF bronze bust...

Did I say BUST.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read