Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you want to see out of Carr?
Win:Yet old habits...look at #1, dumpoff 13 16.88%
Lose:yet making right reads,spreads the ball around 12 15.58%
Doesn't matter want Carr gone 6 7.79%
None of the above 46 59.74%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you want to see out of Carr this weekend?

Everyone wants a win, including me...YET
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

TD's, no Int's, 150+ yards, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Old 09-05-2006   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

None of the above... I want to see him getting more confident. If you can believe Kubiak, Carr has the talent to be a good QB once he gets past all the sacks from previous years.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

What I WANT to see is confidence in the pocket. Win or lose I want to see him step up into pressure and deliver the ball.

300 yards passing would be great, but I look for it to be more in the 200yrd with 2td 1int range.
Old 09-05-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I meant to add another option

mods.. can you add Win:Carr makes the right reads and spreads the ball
Old 09-05-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I voted other because I want a win, but I want Carr to manage the game, which is what I think Kubiak wants Carr to do. I don't consider Carr a playmaker. I consider AJ, Moulds, DD (when healthy); they are playmakers. Carr just needs to get them the ball and step back and watch.
Old 09-05-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the way we talk about him makes him sound like such a crappy qb.
Old 09-05-2006   #8
Eagles78
Rookie

This isnt a very good poll. Why would anyone want to see him lose (although I am an Eagles fan). I think you mean "What do you expect from him"
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

well I am not wanting us to lose, but the Texans go as Carr goes..

with every Carr debate you have the ones that think he stinks no matter what..

What happens to get their point of cross is :
1)Texans win yet they point to Carrs tendencies and that we won because of someone else.
2) Texans lose: they say Carr didnt' do enough.
Old 09-05-2006   #10
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
None of the above... I want to see him getting more confident. If you can believe Kubiak, Carr has the talent to be a good QB once he gets past all the sacks from previous years.
i also want to see confidence from Carr. i don't want to see him with happy feet, jumping around in the pocket. it may take a while as he's got to get some faith in his line that he will get time to look at more than 1 option before running for his life
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #11
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I voted other because I want a win, but I want Carr to manage the game, which is what I think Kubiak wants Carr to do.
Totally agree with this,just MANAGE THE GAME. Don't try to do anything out of character and don't force anyhting.MANAGE THE GAME and let the pieces fall where they may.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

ill take a win, regardless of how carr performs...however, what i want isnt listed as an option on the poll. i want carr to win by throwing to WR's down the field. i want carr to toss for at least 220 yds and 1 TD.
Old 09-05-2006   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Those options don't just suck, they blow chunks.

Poise! I....want....to....see.... POISE! If I see that, everything else will fall into place.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a better poll that shows poise and confidence in the pocket!

Old 09-05-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I want a win ..... period
Old 09-05-2006   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Another...David.......Carr..........thread?

Old 09-05-2006   #17
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Another...David.......Carr..........thread?

...what bothers me is ALL the threads that are about the SAME thing, often within 2 or 3 spots in the order--either folks don't read or they don't comprehend...maybe there should be a prize for all new/original/pertinent threads with extra pts for not mentioning Carr/Bush?young
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #18
cred
Rookie

I also agree, that I voted for none of the above. I do want a win, but I want to see the David Carr that Kubiak expects. I want to see a confident QB, that is saying to himself that this is a whole different team with a whole new set of coaches, with him thinking "if they have faith in me, then I should put faith in them and do exactly what is asked of me. Nothing more, nothing less." I would also like to see him manage the game better. What I mean by this is that if the protection is to break down and he has to scramble, that he doesn't cause a turnover or just run out of bounds, (I.E. throw the ball away if there is nothing down the field.) I don't have to see a perfect QB, just an improved QB that is willing to give it his all and play SMART.

just my
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #19
Ye Olde Pro
Rookie

I guess I'm the only one that thinks I've already seen a different side of Carr. Yeah, he still doesn't look off very well. And Yeah, the dump off seems to come way too quickly, and yeah, he still seems to have happy feet. But he has also started to move the pocket much better than he ever has, and he is looking for the second receiver at least.

I want the Texans to thump the Eagles. And I honestly believe that is possible. The "D" looks so much better. Now they are an attacking Defense, not the "Rock back on your heels and wait" Defense from the last couple of years. The Defense seems to have found some of the Demon Speed that we have all been looking for. If they can keep McNabb off balance, contain Westbrook on the option, and stuff the run.....well, the mind boggles!!
Ye Olde Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a win and Carr to do well. I think Carr needs to play well in order to win.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read