Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2006   #1
Big J
Rookie

Default Someone from ESPN actually complimented the Texans...crazy

Jeremy Green's podcast talks about who he thinks will win the "hardware" this year, and he picked for the Defensive ROY as DeMeco Ryans. I was shocked. If Shaun Salisbary was doing one he would pick Offensive ROY: Reggie Bush....Defensive ROY: Reggie Bush...."he just so good...". That guy needs to be fired ASAP.

Green said that DeMeco is smart, fast, and always in the right place. Compared him to Denver's Mike. Just wanted to let everyone know we are getting some respect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index?...lid=gn_NFL_NFL

then go to the Experts Pick box and select Jeremy Green's 1st and 15.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

wow a compliment from someone on ESPN. I could see Demeco as DROY.
Old 09-04-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J
Jeremy Green's podcast talks about who he thinks will win the "hardware" this year, and he picked for the Defensive ROY as DeMeco Ryans. I was shocked. If Shaun Salisbary was doing one he would pick Offensive ROY: Reggie Bush....Defensive ROY: Reggie Bush...."he just so good...". That guy needs to be fired ASAP.

Green said that DeMeco is smart, fast, and always in the right place. Compared him to Denver's Mike. Just wanted to let everyone know we are getting some respect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index?...lid=gn_NFL_NFL

then go to the Experts Pick box and select Jeremy Green's 1st and 15.
Salisbury's pink slip is way overdue lol! this creep is just fantasizing about having beggie rush to hand off to back in his playing (daze)

Last edited by texflex513; 09-04-2006 at 09:41 PM.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #4
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a dude on Cold Pizza that gave us some props as well.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots (SIRIUS NFL Radio) picked DeMeco and Mario, respectively, as 2006 DROY on their "Afternoon Drive" show this afternoon. "When in doubt, pick a Texan," Schein joked when they picked separate Texans for the award.

According to the posts above, other pundits don't see Houston's defensive talent. Frankly, I don't care. I'll be closely watching all 16 games this year, which is about 16 more than they will...and I'll be seeing that talent.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Its important to remember that when someone compliments a rookie..they are complimenting them, and thier college.. not the professional team they are playing on.

A couple years down the road..if they compliment a player, THEN they are complimenting the pro team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #7
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
Salisbury's pink slip is way overdue lol! this creep is just fantasizing about having beggie rush to hand off to back in his playing (daze)

I don't remember him actually getting much playing time. I'm thinking it would have been his job to bring Reggie water between offensive series.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I never thought someone other than Michael Smith would ever give us a compliment . . .
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
I never thought someone other than Michael Smith would ever give us a compliment . . .
We've never been .500 and was the worst team in the league last year....no reason to gloss compliments our way when 31 other teams have been better than us. The time to prove we aren't the worst team in the league starts Sunday. If we play better, we will start to get compliments, If we don't we won't. Preseason means nothing and reality kicks in soon...thankfully.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 26880 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We've never been .500 and was the worst team in the league last year....no reason to gloss compliments our way when 31 other teams have been better than us. The time to prove we aren't the worst team in the league starts Sunday. If we play better, we will start to get compliments, If we don't we won't. Preseason means nothing and reality kicks in soon...thankfully.
wait... is this rational thinking i'm seeing on this MB?? impossible.
Old 09-05-2006   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
wait... is this rational thinking i'm seeing on this MB?? impossible.
Exactly. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans cant convert on 3rd down. It's not ESPN's fault that the organization makes brain dead decisions one after another. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans have been a poor product for their fans during their first 4 seasons. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans have a high school quarterback starting for them. Why doesn't everyone stop blaming ESPN and the national pundits for their own dismal observations of the Texans? Try blaming the people who were in charge like Casserley, Carr, Kubiak, and McNair.

I know, I know, some people think it may be a little too early to blame Kubiak for anything, but fact is that his 2 most important decisions so far have not worked out for him at all. Kubes Passes on Bush because he says Davis is good enough and then dude doesn't even play a down. Then he anoints Carr as the starter without competition, only to see Carr perform like a nervous high school quarterback. I bet Kubiak is finally getting an up close and personal look at Carr and how horrible he is. Sad thing is that most real football fans of the Texans have seen the same thing for 4 years and are sick of it. I wonder if Kubiak still holds the same 'love' for Carr that he professed during his interview and introduction... but I am sure that anointing Carr as the starter was a prerequisite for any Head Coaching job with the Texans....

anywho, here is to hoping that the Texans D continues to impress and we can overcome our deficiencies at QB and OL and prove ESPN wrong. Some dude had them going 3-13....worst case scenario is 5-11 and best case 10-6 (if Carr shows a pulse)

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's keep in mind that 7 other coaches and coordinators had the same opinion of Carr that Kubiak had.

The other thing is, remember that even though this ship never sailed, there is a rebuilding in progress here.

Also, take a look around and you will see that guys that were here last year found themselves on a bus home. If Carr isn't cutting it, I do not think that Kubiak will not hesitate to pull him. That is also a way a young QB learns.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
I know, I know, some people think it may be a little too early to blame Kubiak for anything, but fact is that his 2 most important decisions so far have not worked out for him at all.

doug from the woodlands
Oh, well since you said so ......
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I like Ryans, and that's why I drafted him in my fantasy league...he'll have a good chance at winning the DROY.
Old 09-05-2006   #15
Ckw

Quote:
Exactly. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans cant convert on 3rd down. It's not ESPN's fault that the organization makes brain dead decisions one after another. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans have been a poor product for their fans during their first 4 seasons. It's not ESPN's fault that the Texans have a high school quarterback starting for them. Why doesn't everyone stop blaming ESPN and the national pundits for their own dismal observations of the Texans? Try blaming the people who were in charge like Casserley, Carr, Kubiak, and McNair.

I know, I know, some people think it may be a little too early to blame Kubiak for anything, but fact is that his 2 most important decisions so far have not worked out for him at all. Kubes Passes on Bush because he says Davis is good enough and then dude doesn't even play a down. Then he anoints Carr as the starter without competition, only to see Carr perform like a nervous high school quarterback. I bet Kubiak is finally getting an up close and personal look at Carr and how horrible he is. Sad thing is that most real football fans of the Texans have seen the same thing for 4 years and are sick of it. I wonder if Kubiak still holds the same 'love' for Carr that he professed during his interview and introduction... but I am sure that anointing Carr as the starter was a prerequisite for any Head Coaching job with the Texans....

anywho, here is to hoping that the Texans D continues to impress and we can overcome our deficiencies at QB and OL and prove ESPN wrong. Some dude had them going 3-13....worst case scenario is 5-11 and best case 10-6 (if Carr shows a pulse)

doug from the woodlands
Sir, what you have just written is the most insanely, idiotic thing I have ever read. Sorry...Billy Madison reference. But really, are you watching the same Texans I have been watching. Look, I'll be the first to admit that our offense looked anything but stellar in the Broncos game, but your claim that Kubiak's big two decisions have been mistakes is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. I mean, you are sitting by your computer judging a team and basically calling our coach an idiot when we are making more progress in one preseason than we have in our entire previous four years of existence?!? Brain dead decisions? We had, according to most, one of the best drafts in the NFL. Granted, everyone slammed us for not drafting Reggie "His Highness" Bush, but have you been watching our 6th round pick Wali Lundy? Have you compared his stats to Sir Bush? Call me crazy but I get the drift you are a disgruntled Bush supporter, Reggie Bush that is, who still can't get over the fact that we didn't draft your boy. Why don't you just wait and see what we can do? Until then, why don't you just let us all enjoy the best preseason we have ever had, and allow us to have high hopes for this season. You aren't looking at the same Texans, and it is you, sir, who is not the real football fan. Actually let me rephrase that: It is you, sir, who is not the real Texans fan. :brickwall
Old 09-05-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Shaun Salisbary was doing one he would pick Offensive ROY: Reggie Bush....Defensive ROY: Reggie Bush...."he just so good...".
Not a big fan of Salisbury, either. His flip-flopping on the TO issue for the past couple of years gets on my nerves. Stick to breaking down film and analyzing on-field activities, and leave the gossip smack to the pundits. For some reason(s), dude just annoys me....

That being said, I've got to go with Vinny's take. We were 2-14 last year, never had a winning record, and are bottom-dwellers. If anyone in the nat'l media were to compliment the Texans at this point, I'd suggest they get their head checked.

Teams earn respect in the NFL, and I don't want any until the Texans have earned it.

Quote:
I know, I know, some people think it may be a little too early to blame Kubiak for anything, but fact is that his 2 most important decisions so far have not worked out for him at all.
I know some fans have a glass half empty, but I'm wondering if doug from the woodlands has anything in his glass at all. Why not wait until the regular season pans out before calling Kubiak a bust? Or, if you must, Academy is selling Saints Bush jerseys and Titans Young jerseys, so follow your heart! It's obviously not with the Houston Texans.
Old 09-05-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I know some fans have a glass half empty, but I'm wondering if doug from the woodlands has anything in his glass at all. Why not wait until the regular season pans out before calling Kubiak a bust? Or, if you must, Academy is selling Saints Bush jerseys and Titans Young jerseys, so follow your heart! It's obviously not with the Houston Texans.
Not real sure what David Carr did to him, but I'm suspecting it was a playground beating from years ago. Or something. There's something very psychologically odd about his apparent obsession.
Old 09-05-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J

Didn't Salisbary have a short stint with the Oilers? For some reason I thought he did and got cut.

Maybe he is still bitter?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #19
Big J
Rookie

Quote:

doug from the woodlands
My earlier comment in no way meant to say we deserve the public's and the "All Knowing" ESPN analyst's respect. However, for those of you who watch ESPN, NFL Live, etc. know that Shaun Salisbary and others are insistent on calling the Texan's organization stupid for their decision to pass on Reggie Bush for Mario Williams. Why do they do it? Alot of possible reasons - They are out of material, we WERE the worst team in the league, and we went against "every" (aka ESPN's) opinion.

My post was to point out that DeMeco Ryans has been given credit on his play preseason (rightfully so) and that ESPN has to many volatile analyst's.

As for Shaun Salisbary, my opinion stands that he is horrible. Someone more competent on NFL live would be great.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Didn't Salisbary have a short stint with the Oilers? For some reason I thought he did and got cut.

Maybe he is still bitter?
Yes, that painfully poor quarterback was signed as a free agent by the Oilers in 1994....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read