Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predict if you'll see poise from Carr this week

Go ahead. Make a prediction.

Do you think you'll see an improvement from what you saw in preseason? And will your prediction go hand in hand with your prediction of the final score?

Fire away.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

The only prediction on Carr that I will make is............ I predict that I will hope to see improvement from Carr.
Old 09-04-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Go ahead. Make a prediction.

Do you think you'll see an improvement from what you saw in preseason? And will your prediction go hand in hand with your prediction of the final score?

Fire away.
I expect it...I truly think david is ready to go. 27 -14 texans... carr will throw 1 td and run for another... with 235 yards passing....and 1 interception....moulds slips and falls on that pass
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect Carr to look good in this game. Kubiak hasn't finished "fixing" him, yet, and the Eagle's D is a hard D to get mentally healthy against.

If we're going to win this game, our running game is going to have to step up (including Carr on the roll outs and boots) and our D is going to have to shut down the Eagle's short passing game. We can't give the Eagles O a short field to work with because that's how the Eagles have been successful in the past.

If we're going to win this, I expect us to win ugly.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I agree with Pencil Neck. It's hard to look poised when you have Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard coming off the edges. The Eagles defense is going to get pressure, Carr will look uncomfortable in the pocket. That's why we're going to have to use roll outs as well as play action passes set up by a solid running game to give us a fighting chance. Maybe he'll show some poise next week.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I predict that if we don't see an NFL QB in him by the bye week, we'll see a change ...
Old 09-04-2006   #7
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Blockhead, but I think Kubiak knows all that, and he will give him some plays that he can work with. My toes & fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath. That's the way I start EVERY game.

Do you think we will see a lot of plays we didnt get to see in pre-season, and if so, what do you think they might be?
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I predict that if we don't see an NFL QB in him by the bye week, we'll see a change ...
Well, you know, the Eagles, Colts, Dolphins, and Redskins have defenses that make even the best quarterbacks look a little shaky. We've got a new scheme with a couple of rookies playing. We're going to see some blown assignments.

I hope we see DC step it up and own these guys but I'll be pretty happy if he just shows some marked improvement by the Redskin game.

And then he HAS to come out and own the Cowgirls. He HAS to.... cause I'll be in the damn stands with my Domanick Davis jersey on.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #9
Ye Olde Pro
Rookie

Default Ya think maybe Carr will have 50 yards rushing?

Against the Eagles? Could be. Kearse has a tendencey to over pursue, so against the rollout, Carr has a legit shot at it. Why? Because I think he'll be hesitant to throw the ball away!

I like Carr, I really do. I believe that if WE as fans, are patient enough with him he will settle down nicely by mid season. Kid has the tools, now all he needs is the confidence that he won't be on his butt every play.
Ye Olde Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #10
phan1
All Pro

To be honest, I was hoping for a greatly new and improved Carr a month ago, but seeing preseason has put me back down on earth. There's just no evidence that Carr is "new and improved." And we're talking about Eagles D here. I fully expect a very tough game with either our D or our running game going to have to come up really big for us. Carr ain't going to look poised and confident until I actually see him do it. Hopefully, I'll see it soon, but I haven't seen it yet.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #11
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Thumbs down

Eagle’s D will confuse DC. Think it will still be a close game. But the Eagles take this 1.
Old 09-04-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

its the regular season now...all i do is shutup and pray

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I sense 12-24 for 115 yards 0 tds and 3 ints for a qb rating of 21.7 yes not a typo 21.7

Last edited by Wolf; 09-04-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

give ya some time to soak that one up

.. that was Jake Plummers first game as a bronco..

then followed that up with some qb ratings of 129,128,116

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2003
Old 09-04-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

I hope David takes a prozac or something, I feel him along with the team is going to be high strung coming into this game.Both sides of the ball are going to be trying to prove something.. Hopefully Kubiac and Sherman along with Smith can keep these guys with some "controlled agression"

I think (hope) in the 2nd quarter he will settle down.
Old 09-04-2006   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope to see lots of improvement, with a Texans win.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is going to stink it up 1 for 36 passing with 6 Ints. Sage comes in and breaks his leg before completing a pass. Carr comes back and sprains his throwing shoulder. Putzier plays QB and goes 6 for 7 and there are three threads started that he should be the starting QB. The line will be totally crap and the WR can't get open and have zero receptions and the runners will only get 15 yards. The defense will not get any pressure and we will be burned repeatedly deep. Final score 48-3 Eagles.

There, now any thing above that will be a positive. See, the glass is half full. Enjoy.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Carr is going to stink it up 1 for 36 passing with 6 Ints. Sage comes in and breaks his leg before completing a pass. Carr comes back and sprains his throwing shoulder. Putzier plays QB and goes 6 for 7 and there are three threads started that he should be the starting QB. The line will be totally crap and the WR can't get open and have zero receptions and the runners will only get 15 yards. The defense will not get any pressure and we will be burned repeatedly deep. Final score 48-3 Eagles.

There, now any thing above that will be a positive. See, the glass is half full. Enjoy.
speaking of that.. is pultzer or Stanley our emergency QB?
Old 09-04-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I will be non-poised.

I'm going to be a geeked up fool.* Probably in need of medication. I will like self-medicate with fluids prior to the game.

Off season is WAAAAAAAY too long after 2-14.

*That being said, I will have enough sense to be quiet on offense. The preseason crowd was having difficulty with that because well, it is a preseason crowd, and moving the ball on offense last year was kinda on the rare list so it freaks the crowd out some.
Old 09-04-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
I agree with Pencil Neck. It's hard to look poised when you have Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard coming off the edges. The Eagles defense is going to get pressure, Carr will look uncomfortable in the pocket. That's why we're going to have to use roll outs as well as play action passes set up by a solid running game to give us a fighting chance. Maybe he'll show some poise next week.
Yeah - Freeney and Mathis will be a lot easier.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read