Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2006   #1
Cheroqui
Veteran

Default Peek, Ryans, Orr...

Do any of the rest of you out there want the same combo on field that I do in these three players? I was feeling good about having Peek and Orr on the field at the same time last year. Now with DeMeco, if the three were out there at the same time I think it would be great for the D. Even if Peek has to go back to ROLB for some plays when Mario is on the field we should do that.

Does anyone else feel the same about having Peek out there either way?
Old 09-04-2006   #2
brewhaus
All Pro

I like seeing Antwan on the field myself.....jeez.....that dude keeps comming. He brings a high level of energy and you can tell he REALLY wants to unload on somebody every play. But I like him at end, not linebacker. He keeps whatever OT he is across from plenty busy. I hope he gets a ton of playing time this year!
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #3
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus
I like seeing Antwan on the field myself.....jeez.....that dude keeps comming. He brings a high level of energy and you can tell he REALLY wants to unload on somebody every play. But I like him at end, not linebacker. He keeps whatever OT he is across from plenty busy. I hope he gets a ton of playing time this year!
Me too, but if not at OLB when not at DE, don't you wish he could be out there with Mario, Orr, and Ryans and not playing behind him? I guess it's about the same huh? If Kubes is going to rotate all 8 I guess Peek will wind up being out there with Orr and Ryans at the same time anyway? If Mario needs a breather or is doing anything but making arm tackles he'll be out there more period.
Old 09-04-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I definitely noticed during preseason that I liked seeing Peek and Mario out there at the same time.
Old 09-04-2006   #5
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui
Do any of the rest of you out there want the same combo on field that I do in these three players? I was feeling good about having Peek and Orr on the field at the same time last year. Now with DeMeco, if the three were out there at the same time I think it would be great for the D. Even if Peek has to go back to ROLB for some plays when Mario is on the field we should do that.

Does anyone else feel the same about having Peek out there either way?
Interesting idea placing Peek at OLB in order to have Mario at end, but it is well-known around the league that Peek sucks in coverage, which basically tells the offense that he will be blitzing and his man will be wide open or the d will be running some form of zone in the flats to cover his man. I think that a good offense would take advantage of Peek at OLB. He is good at DE and should remain there. I know you like him and he has a lot of talent, but he should remain at DE where he will have times where he plays with Orr and Ryans.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #6
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
Interesting idea placing Peek at OLB in order to have Mario at end, but it is well-known around the league that Peek sucks in coverage, which basically tells the offense that he will be blitzing and his man will be wide open or the d will be running some form of zone in the flats to cover his man. I think that a good offense would take advantage of Peek at OLB. He is good at DE and should remain there. I know you like him and he has a lot of talent, but he should remain at DE where he will have times where he plays with Orr and Ryans.
Yeah, I totally agree with you on this. I would prefer Peek at DE more than at OLB. Let him pin his ears back and just straight bull-rush the QB. This is where he is more effective. I'm also excited about the way Greenwood has stepped up his play, Greenwood,Ryans,Orr,Peek,Weaver,Williams,Babin on passing downs, man you gotta love that pass rush.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #7
Cheroqui
Veteran

Yeah. I don't want him to move back to OLB I was just saying what you thought about a few downs back at OLB opposite Orr while Mario, Ryans, and quite possibly N.D Kalu are on the field. Remember last year Peek and Orr in the QB's face, the sacks and forced fumbles. If Mario gets to that certain point we expect, to have a Mario/Peek, Kalu/Orr "Connect Four" Defensive play or that plus Ryans and call it "Domino"... Oh the humanity!
Old 09-05-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

the front 7 i want to see is:

peek, payne, weaver, williams

orr, ryans, greenwood
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
the front 7 i want to see is:

peek, payne, weaver, williams

orr, ryans, greenwood
With that, Williams would have to be on the strongside, and Weaver didn't show too much penetration when playing inn the middle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read