Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2006   #1
Capster67
Veteran

Default Practice Squad?

Anyone know when the practice squad will be announced. The only thing I've seen so far is that Quin Porter will be on it. I'm worried about losing Chris Taylor and David Anderson so want to see it established soon.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. I hope both Chris Taylor and David Anderson stick around. Anderson is a head hunter on defensive special teams. I've said it before, Anderson reminds me a bit of Bill Bates.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I agree. I hope both Chris Taylor and David Anderson stick around. Anderson is a head hunter on defensive special teams. I've said it before, Anderson reminds me a bit of Bill Bates.
Steve Tasker came to mind for me .
Old 09-04-2006   #4
K.D.
Veteran

Yeah I hope we put Taylor and Anderson on the PS, but I hope we also get Earl Cochran on thier too. I think this guy could pay dividends later on.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
newtexfan
Rookie

Default Rhodes

DD might be back or maybe not.Ron Dayne signed to 1 year.I would like to see Rhodes and Taylor signed to practice squad.
newtexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Taylor, David Anderson, and John Walker added to the ps per Kubiak (on SR 610 now).

...in addition to Porter, Ross, Brisiel, Curtis, and one other I didn't catch.

Last edited by aj.; 09-04-2006 at 05:25 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Good deal, I knew Taylor and Anderson would make it, but I was really pulling for Johnny Walker
Old 09-04-2006   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Chris Taylor, David Anderson, and John Walker added to the ps per Kubiak (on SR 610 now).

...in addition to Porter, Ross, Brisiel, Curtis, and one other I didn't catch.
possibly Tramon Williams?
Old 09-04-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it proper to say we have practice squad depth? Pretty good group of guys to have squirled away.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #11
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | R. Ross signed to practice squad
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:29:00 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent WR Richie Ross (Texans) to the team's practice squad.

Texans | Porter signed to practice squad
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:27:51 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent QB Quinton Porter (Texans) to the team's practice squad.

Texans | K. Curtis signed to practice squad
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:25:10 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent DB Kevin Curtis (Texans) to the team's practice squad.

Texans | Brisiel signed to practice squad
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:22:06 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent OG Mike Brisiel (Texans) to the team's practice squad.
Old 09-05-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang..I was hoping for Cochran
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #13
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

4 more spots are still open, those are just the confirmed ones.
Old 09-05-2006   #14
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Dang..I was hoping for Cochran

Grid- me too!
Old 09-05-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain's article in the Chronicle matches 6 of the names I heard Kubiak say yesterday (Anderson, Taylor, Walker, Porter, Ross, and Brisiel) but he doesn't mention Curtis who I know Kubiak said was brought back (plus it's referenced in the kffl/ht.com item above).\

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl//4162966.html

McClain names two other guys (FB Robert Douglas and DT Anthony Maddox) who were waiver claims presumably sent to the ps.

Not sure about the conflicting info on Curtis, Douglas and Maddox since only two of them can be on the ps if the other six are indeed there already.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
McClain's article in the Chronicle matches 6 of the names I heard Kubiak say yesterday (Anderson, Taylor, Walker, Porter, Ross, and Brisiel) but he doesn't mention Curtis who I know Kubiak said was brought back (plus it's referenced in the kffl/ht.com item above).\

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl//4162966.html

McClain names two other guys (FB Robert Douglas and DT Anthony Maddox) who were waiver claims presumably sent to the ps.

Not sure about the conflicting info on Curtis, Douglas and Maddox since only two of them can be on the ps if the other six are indeed there already.
Curtis showed some very promising play for the limited amount of time he was affored. We need DB development...........He's definitely a good choice for a return candidate to the regular roster next year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news. CURTIS is on the PS according to The Texans website. But wonder who the odd man out is on the Chronicle list????
Old 09-05-2006   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Radio 610 is still report PS without Curtis.......confusing.
Old 09-05-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Texans | Walker signed to practice squad
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:14:41 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans signed free agent S John Walker (Texans) to their practice squad Monday, Sept. 4.

Texans | Taylor signed to practice squad
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:12:01 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans signed free agent RB Chris Taylor (Texans) to their practice squad Monday, Sept. 4.
Old 09-05-2006   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

shoulda signed pickett...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read