Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-04-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Top college running backs?

I know Adrian Peterson, but who are some more good running backs to watch this year that will be entering the 07' draft?
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush was going to be. From Louisville. OSU's back Pittman is pretty good. NIU's Wolfe impressed. Kenny Irons of Auburn looked very good as well. Oh yea, Steve Slaton from WV. Thats all I can list off hand.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lynch, Slayton, Irons, the guy from LSU coming back from injury.
Old 09-04-2006   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Sophmore Jonathan Stewart from Oregon will have big year...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Kenny Irons from Auburn is the 2nd best back in the country.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #6
TexansCanes
All Pro

once Darren McFadden gets healthly he will be a good one to watch. although he is a sophmore so he can't be in the '07 draft.
Old 09-05-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

What about Bush? No not that one. Michael Bush, Louisville.

I have to say that running backs may be the second hardest position to scout in college football. Rarely do the skills you see on the college field ever translate to the professional level. Its almost like throwing dice in a dark ally with a drunken stranger. Ok, bad analogy, but its still not something I envy.

Last edited by RiotCommander; 09-05-2006 at 01:30 AM.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
What about Bush? No not that one. Michael Bush, Louisville.

I have to say that running backs may be the second hardest position to scout in college football. Rarely do the skills you see on the college field ever translate to the professional level. Its almost like throwing dice in a dark ally with a drunken stranger. Ok, bad analogy, but its still not something I envy.
He broke his leg...he's out for the season...
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
Sophmore Jonathan Stewart from Oregon will have big year...
Oh man, did you see him vs. Stanford. he tore them up. What did he end up averaging? IIRC wasn't it something like 7.5 ypc?
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #10
Wild.Bill
Rookie

I think Charles from UT is going to have a good season and emerge as one of the very best backs in the country. He has tremendous speed and field vision. Keep your eye on him.
Wild.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild.Bill
I think Charles from UT is going to have a good season and emerge as one of the very best backs in the country. He has tremendous speed and field vision. Keep your eye on him.
IMO, next year charles will be THE best back in the country....Once Young is gone he will get more carries... he and Melton will be a ridiculous combo...Charles has it all though...He can run between the tackles for tough yards, He can catch like a reciever(better than some), He can make people miss, and he is blazing fast....
Old 09-05-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Slaton and Irons
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #13
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Marshawn Lynch (Cal)
Adrian Peterson (OU)
Michael Bush (Louis)
Pittman (OSU)
Old 09-05-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
Marshawn Lynch (Cal)
Adrian Peterson (OU)
Michael Bush (Louis)
Pittman (OSU)
Michael Bush was one of the best, but he is out for the season which means that he is no longer one of the best.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mr. # 6

Yeah but which back will we pick in the sixth round ? Inquiring minds want to know. I think you guys are taking this from the wrong direction. I think you should rechanel your thinking to guys who fit the system and we can pick up on the second day. JMHO. I'll believe the Texans pick a RB in the first round the day Kubes has says adios. Get use to it.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #16
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

U guys have mentioned everyone....but i think Michael Hart from Michigan is pretty good...he will probably go under the radar, even if Michigan is 10th overall...haha
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching Adrian Peterson and the Sooners take charge in their game with
the Washington Huskies. AD is truly a versitle back with a combo of power & speed that lets him run inside and off tackle effectively.
He looks like he'd be awesome in our ZB scheme here in Houston ! As a matter
of fact, this guy does really remind me of former Bronco great Terril Davis now that I consider his style, except he's bigger. Like Davis, he doesn't screw around with jukes or any of that cute stuff, but hits a hole, makes a
cut and slashes straight down the field.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Watching Adrian Peterson and the Sooners take charge in their game with
the Washington Huskies. AD is truly a versitle back with a combo of power & speed that lets him run inside and off tackle effectively.
He looks like he'd be awesome in our ZB scheme here in Houston ! As a matter
of fact, this guy does really remind me of former Bronco great Terril Davis now that I consider his style, except he's bigger. Like Davis, he doesn't screw around with jukes or any of that cute stuff, but hits a hole, makes a
cut and slashes straight down the field.

As much as we would love to have a back like that here in Houston he is too well known and highly regarded for us to hope to get. Well the Draft projections change all the time, but I would assume he is a top 10 pick right now. And I will stick with my hope of us being a .500 team.
Old 09-09-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson
Kenny Irons
Michael Hart
Marshawn Lynch

(off the top of my head)
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I like the FB from Rutgers. Brian Leonard is his name. I think he would look good in a Texans uni next year. Leading for whoever is our tailback and catching passes in the flat.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read